2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#34427 - 12/01/05 03:33 PM how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

do you wash it every so often? or just when it's dirty?

i don't wash mine that much at all. i think i'm gonna start washing it more. what do ya'll do?

#34428 - 12/01/05 03:37 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I never wash mine, sometimes ill spray off the frame to try and keep it from rusting. And if the windows or lights get muddy i'll clean them off.

#34429 - 12/01/05 03:41 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Roughly...
Wash - Every 2 weeks
Wax - Every couple months

I'm kinda forced into it. If I go too long without getting it washed/waxed it starts to look neglected.
[Wave]

#34430 - 12/01/05 03:52 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
BoneCrusher Offline

Loc: In a Bar near YOU!
how often does it rain in PA?

thats how often i wash my X

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

99% of democrats give the rest a bad name

Liberals are constantly Inflaming the culture war. They seem to forget which side has all the guns.

#34431 - 12/01/05 03:53 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I washed it once.

#34432 - 12/01/05 03:59 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

at least once every two weeks, sometimes once a week if i am not lazy and have the time.

wax it about every 3 months or so

#34433 - 12/01/05 04:01 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i wash mine right before i go offroad, so it still has the same mud from the last time, until its time to go again.

#34434 - 12/01/05 04:07 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
w-ash? confused

#34435 - 12/01/05 04:21 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
silverxglider Offline

Loc: Andes, NY
Um, last time was the summer of '03.

I was really planning to wash it again last weekend. Really. But it was snowing.

#34436 - 12/01/05 04:26 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I haven't in about 6 months. After all the winter driving I've been doing lately my black Xterra is more of a cinder-red/black combination color. Attractive, but I have to be very careful not to lean into the door openings or rear bumper. [Too much XOC]

#34437 - 12/01/05 04:28 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Being thats it black, I wash it once a week weather permitting. Wax it once a month. Call me anal LOL.. but it always looks good.

#34438 - 12/01/05 04:53 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can't say as I've washed mine....wait, it did rain on it a couple of times. I think I threw some soap at it once, might have hit it. laugh

#34439 - 12/01/05 04:59 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah i don't wash mine that much either. only about 2-3 times since i got it (had it almost a year now). but i think i'm gonna start washing it more, especially the inside. i'm going to start this weekend

#34440 - 12/01/05 05:03 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
John Doe Offline

Loc: Chattanooga
Wash mine once or twice a year weather it needs it or not, unless I drive on salted roads (very seldom) then I wash it as soon as weather permits. Wax it once a year. I leave it out of the garage when it rains, it's the best way to get "fallout" from the stacks at work off.

#34441 - 12/01/05 05:15 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
I try to wash my X thoroughly inside and out after every Offroad Excursion...It tends to get mud, pebbles and twigs at every space it would allow underneith...having the Granite color X...Dirt does not show up at all...so, I save some time and money washing my X regularly...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#34442 - 12/01/05 05:31 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Every two weeks in the summer, I'll do it in the winter if its warm enough that I don't freeze myself in or out of it. I always wax where the sides meet the bottom pannels and the edges of the doors to prevent rust. If there is time I wax the whole thing. No real mud to show off most of the time just slimey road crap which dries on as a crusty looking light brown tinge on the rear hatch.

#34443 - 12/01/05 06:06 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I finally washed the mud off! But I vaccum the inside daily!

#34444 - 12/01/05 08:09 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

After not washing it since early autumn, I took it one of those gas station car washes, where the wash arm goes around the vehicle. There was a TON of salt on the front and back. $5.00 and it didn't do that great of a job on the hatch - it's still covered with dirt. [Uh Oh !]

#34445 - 12/01/05 10:02 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
BradLee Offline

Loc: Black Hills
Waxed; Never! Wash; Once a month or so. Huh, no wonder it is rusting. laugh

#34446 - 12/01/05 10:52 PM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Call me anal but after two of my past jobs being in the detailing business its kind of in my blood. I can't stand for the X to be dirty, don't get me wrong I like to get mud and dirt on it whenever I can but I don't like it on there very much.

Also, since my wife is a Registered Nurse and is my sugar momma all I have to do is go to college so I get bored alot.
laugh laugh

#34447 - 13/01/05 07:00 AM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

wash mine like once a month, its a brown color, so mud blends in with it, i try to keep the rims clean...as soon as the snow goes away i'll prolly wash it once a week...btw what kind of wax do u guys use?

#34448 - 13/01/05 07:05 AM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wash mine every other week, wax every other month but being in Florida, I get alot of sand buildup, and my x is Gold Rush, you hardly notice it, but I like to keep it clean just the same.

#34449 - 13/01/05 07:14 AM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Black looks very classy when its clean so I do mine every week during the summer. During the winter when its cold I will do it every chance I get. I wax it every few months. Also I will clean the interior every week no matter what. I don't mind when the exterior is dirty (though I rather have it clean), but it bothers me to no end when the interior is dirty. Clean and shiny super black X is my favorite.

#34450 - 13/01/05 07:25 AM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
babyX Offline

Um... I think I washed it about three months ago, and the last time it got washed before that was three months before. And it got waxed, but my boyfriend at the time did it for me. laugh Otherwise, it would never see soap.

#34451 - 13/01/05 08:11 AM Re: how often do you wash your xterra?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
My X's exacting care regimen requires that

1. The vehical be thoroughly rinsed with a specially selected combination of the finest migratory guano, imported Ohio River Valley acid rain, and a marinade of colorful tannic acid laden foliage.

2. Perfectly ripened acorns, lovingly dropped from magnificent old growth oaks, are used to gently dislodge the mounds of fine migratory guano and colorful tannic acid laden foliage not lifted by the pitter patter of specially prepared and imported Ohio River Valley acid rain.

3. Once lovingly pampered by the above beauty treatment, the clay and rich top soil, combined with the finest acidic Pine Barens detritus slurry, is provided for repeated luxurious dipping until the X is fully relaxed and ready for its coniferous rub down.

4. After a vigorous rub down with a variety of exclusive indigenous conifer branches that work the luxurious mixture of lovingly applied beauty treatments deep into the iron underlying the surface paint of the X's pampered skin, the X is allowed to luxuriate in a shower of ultraviolet radiation provided by a nearby star...this cosmic cosmetic treatment gently bakes the applied beauty treatment deep into the pores of the X.

5. This profoundly pampered X is then allowed to rest and relax until the next treatment regimen is commenced.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal