2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3598 - 17/06/05 11:28 AM Aftermarket grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anybody have an aftermarket grill on their 02-04? Do you have any pics?
Not the grill gaurd?
something like this:

Thanks........
-Robb-

#3599 - 17/06/05 12:15 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

A quick search in the 'Parts and Accessories' forum revealed this thread:

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=003518#000000

#3600 - 17/06/05 12:40 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA

Sorry, couldn't resist. To each his own, I know. Juuuust kidding. I've seen some of those on Ebay, might want to try there.

#3601 - 17/06/05 12:41 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
BigE515 Offline

Oh wait....you're from NYC??? [Finger] YANKEES SUCK! :p

#3602 - 17/06/05 01:19 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

The easiest way to get your X to look the way you want it to is to trade it in for a Scion!

#3603 - 17/06/05 05:09 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
bluztraveler Offline

Loc: Surrey , B.C. ,Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
The easiest way to get your X to look the way you want it to is to trade it in for a Scion!
[Spit]

#3604 - 17/06/05 05:11 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
glw Offline

Loc: west texas
Surprise surprise, lots of smart ass comments, little help.

#3605 - 17/06/05 09:33 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

dont worry, i take flames well........... laugh
I did a search and i didnt get much...... cool
Yankees own!!!!! [Finger] (you must be from boston/New england or a lowly Mets fan) :p ........
and how is that rice?.....do you have any aftermarket grills that arent rice?.....not everyone lives in offroad country......no offense to anybody..........

-Robb-

#3606 - 18/06/05 04:22 AM Re: Aftermarket grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

I sort of have to agree with NYCe_Xterra. Being in New York City, the only offroading we have are the potholes in the streets. While the grills aren't my thing also, my rig would tend to be more of a street truck than an offroader. Now, don't worry, I won't get 20" chromed out spinners, but I also won't be getting a lift kit also. So, my rig would have slightly larger rims (maybe black or gunmetal 18s) and I would focus more on performance than on offroad-ability. Although I probably will get that Calmini rear bumper more because its functional (spare mounted on rear rather than underneath). However, don't knock a guy because of his individuality. Whatever rocks his boat. People also need to see where others are from also. Its not like we often see huge rigs on lift kits barreling down Madison Avenue. Where you guys with trails would say "rice" when you see something like bling bling grills, here in NYC, we would say "redneck" when we see lifted rigs. Get the idea?

Just my $.02.

#3607 - 18/06/05 06:36 AM Re: Aftermarket grill
BigE515 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:

Sorry, couldn't resist. To each his own, I know. Juuuust kidding. I've seen some of those on Ebay, might want to try there.

#3608 - 18/06/05 09:36 AM Re: Aftermarket grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes, im not looking to go "bling, bling", i just want to change a the appearance of the front a little.....i was looking for suggestions, not just this one type.......if anybody has any pics of different ones please post them.......
and when i do decide to change my rims, im most likely just gonna try to find a set of the 17" s/c rims........

-Robb-

#3609 - 18/06/05 09:36 AM Re: Aftermarket grill
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
ditto here... I live in Texas and I hardly ever go offroad... I'll never get a lift kit because I drive downtown a lot and I often park in garages which have a clearance of about 6'7" or 6'8"... Hell, I have to remove my Loadwarrior everytime I plan on picking up someone at the freaking airport cuz I wont fit the 6'6" garage...

as for the grill... I dont mind the look, but I have to question the functionality of it... doesnt it seem like it would inhibit the air flow into your engine bay?

#3610 - 18/06/05 09:39 AM Re: Aftermarket grill
XXXTERRA Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ont. Canada
There are other options in style
http://www.cloud-rider.com/crhome.php

#3611 - 18/06/05 09:54 AM Re: Aftermarket grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

i also saw this one......

#3612 - 18/06/05 10:06 AM Re: Aftermarket grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NYCe_XTerra:

I'm diggin the single foglight grill. :rolleyes:

#3613 - 18/06/05 02:58 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not a bad look, it might keep out some tree limbs, but no way will that let enough air in out here near the Mojave Desert when it is 120f outside.

#3614 - 18/06/05 06:02 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

I say forget about the grill and go buy a brush guard. NYC is one of the few places a brush guard is useful. Lots of people on this board are looking to get rid of them because they hurt approach angle a little.....

#3615 - 18/06/05 06:02 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
If you need a shiny grill...just spray paint it metalic silver and clear coat it.....looks to save you about $100.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#3616 - 18/06/05 07:05 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's the wink! wink

#3617 - 18/06/05 07:26 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
I say forget about the grill and go buy a brush guard. NYC is one of the few places a brush guard is useful. Lots of people on this board are looking to get rid of them because they hurt approach angle a little.....
i already have one...... cool

#3618 - 23/06/05 02:30 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
In NYC it must be used as a pedestrian pusher. I do not know how you guys drive in that chaos.....I've driven in a number of countries, but Midtown, I'll pass and let some guy who is pursuing the "american dream" do the driving.
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#3619 - 23/06/05 02:47 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
Claus Offline

We just bought a new Grill....Webers rock!

#3620 - 23/06/05 08:17 PM Re: Aftermarket grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NYCe_XTerra:

that looks like a "home depot" job.

#3621 - 24/06/05 08:06 AM Re: Aftermarket grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

you guys are discussing the different approaches when modifying an Xterra, listen to my approach. I just want to make it the best street vehicle on the road.

-Engine: 400 horsepower (or somehwere there)
-Rims: 20 inch Gunmetal rims (choppin!)
-Brakes: Beef the crap outta those (1 reason why I'm getting such big rims)
-SLR body parts to make all that (in my opinion) crappy plastic looking parts to be the truck color
-Allready got 2 15" L7's takin up the back (vents down the middle of the back seat)

Everybody has there different approach to their vehicles, makes me happy to see more different people try different things than simply doing what they see the Xterra meant for. Some may call what I'm doing ricey, but to me it seems more practical to make a car better at what I do everyday (which is everyday street driving), than better at what I'd do only for recreation. I also expect better mileage smile

#3622 - 07/07/05 12:52 AM Re: Aftermarket grill
glw Offline

Loc: west texas
Quote:
Everybody has there different approach to their vehicles, makes me happy to see more different people try different things than simply doing what they see the Xterra meant for. Some may call what I'm doing ricey, but to me it seems more practical to make a car better at what I do everyday
Sorry but that sounds like something you would hear at the end of a southpark episode. Can't we all just get along

#3623 - 07/07/05 06:22 AM Re: Aftermarket grill
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I guess its confusing for some of us to hear that someone wants to maximize street performance, but starts with something not meant for street performance...(Silk purse - Sow's ear, etc...)

If I want all out off road performance, I don't buy an X, sorry, my Jeep kicked its ass...but, couldn't carry as much as I needed, so I had to compromise, and get an X, and modify it....and I'm happy with the compromise.

If I wanted to autocross, then the X would not be a compromise, it would be stupid, there is nothing reasonable that could overcome its weight and other handicaps....I would start with a large enough sports car maybe, and modify from that platform if I needed carrying capacity, and on-road handling.

So - its reasonable to try to find a starting point that covers your needs, and can be molded into a reasonable objective...it just seems weird that some people choose starting platforms that will never be able to be modified to reach their objectives.

After that, its all a question of degree.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal