2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36212 - 23/11/04 12:39 PM Quick thoughts/Opinions needed...
Ruger1022 Offline

Loc: Visalia, CA
Ok, quick thoughts needed:

My new torsion bars arrived today. They have a few minor scratches in the protective finish I'd like to touch up before install. Since the bars are red, I'm thinking of taking them this evening to one of our Central Cal X Brigade members nail shop (she's helped my out with stuff like this before, those bright colors and small brushes are great for gun sights...), and having her touch them up with the best matching shade of enamel. Any thoughts? Pro's, con's? Thanks for any replies.

MV

#36213 - 23/11/04 12:41 PM Re: Quick thoughts/Opinions needed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Honestly I wouldn't bother...they'll get nicked up with trail debris in no time anyways.

#36214 - 23/11/04 12:43 PM Re: Quick thoughts/Opinions needed...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Matt , don't paint them tape them. Rocks and other crap hammering away at the t-bars can be the first step in weakening them. If you wrap them in electrical tape instead you will be doing one small step to protect them since they sit in one of most vulnerable areas on the truck.

#36215 - 23/11/04 04:30 PM Re: Quick thoughts/Opinions needed...
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Electrical tape? Other than making them a sticky mess how can that help?

#36216 - 23/11/04 09:10 PM Re: Quick thoughts/Opinions needed...
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Electrical tape is usually made of vinyl which has a slightly rubbery property making them withstand stretching and even resist heat. Black electrical tape also has UV resistand properties so if you roll over your truck and end up upside down, the torsion bars will be the last to suffer the ravages of the sun's rays. [Geek] laugh

#36217 - 24/11/04 04:29 AM Re: Quick thoughts/Opinions needed...
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
What spf sunscreen do you use on your T-Bars, I think I get 1 extra horsepower per spf number.

cool

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#36218 - 24/11/04 05:10 AM Re: Quick thoughts/Opinions needed...
BoneCrusher Offline

Loc: In a Bar near YOU!
Tj i use my special movie edition Blade II sunscreen its spf 4 billion. I can cruise at lightspeed.

on a side note now i know why i saw a web page how to plasticoat your t-bars. Dude used a trash can and some liquid electrical tape. INteresting VEDY interesting

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

99% of democrats give the rest a bad name

Liberals are constantly Inflaming the culture war. They seem to forget which side has all the guns.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal