shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#369 - 01/08/04 09:33 PM Rust proofing?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok my new X has rust on it... exhaust ,driveshaft and various things on the underside....should I get it rust proofed? I live in Indy....Is Ziebart a ripoff or shopuld I get it done... thanks for the help in advance

#370 - 02/08/04 12:57 PM Re: Rust proofing?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rust coat the exhaust? dont bother, it will burn off, and may catch fire. The shaft? dont bother. it will never rust through. If your that concerned, get yourself a few cans of 3M spray undercoating and do the underbody yourself.

#371 - 02/08/04 03:06 PM Re: Rust proofing?
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Definitely don't coat the driveshaft. If it's not done properly you'll end up with a out of balance vibration and possibly wipe out the front pinion and rear trans tailshaft bearings/bushings.

#372 - 02/08/04 03:31 PM Re: Rust proofing?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rust? What's that? It's so dry here I saw a cactus chasing a dog to get a little sprinkle..
[Smoking]

#373 - 23/08/04 11:17 AM Re: Rust proofing?
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea i'm getting a little concerned about this also, i want to prep my X for the winter (canadian winter brrrr...), right now the under body is mildly rusty looking.

Should I buy a can of rust check and spray away?

#374 - 23/08/04 11:27 AM Re: Rust proofing?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
If it isn't sheet metal, it's most likely not going to be affected by rust anytime in the next decade. Nissan stopped painting the driveshafts, steering pitman arm and tie rod ends, and a few other odds and ends underneath starting with the 02s, and while they look like ass, they're fine.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal