2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#373920 - 09/06/07 02:17 PM Hiking...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys, got a question for you. The Wife wants to go hiking this weekend and I'm wondering what is a good hike? We're looking to gain some altitude, any hikes that get us up onto some of the mountains?

More so, we are trying to find a hike that is not going to be overrun with tourists but still have a great view and be a good place to chill and have some lunch. Any ideas?

#373921 - 09/06/07 07:54 PM Re: Hiking...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not from Hawaii, but you may want to pick up a good guidebook. We were in Kauai last fall and found a lot of great hikes with the "Ultimate Kauai" book, and I know they make a version of that book for each of the major islands. It's probably worth $15, anyway.

Though I suppose if you're living there you may be able to get a dedicated hiking book with more details. Just a thought.

#373922 - 10/06/07 10:15 PM Re: Hiking...
Anonymous
Unregistered

What part of the island are you trying to hike on? I lived there for 4 years and did a fair amount of hiking, let me know and I'll give you some ideas.

#373923 - 14/06/07 05:44 PM Re: Hiking...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry for the late reply. There are tons of good spots to hike that aren't going to be over run. Some of them are hard to find others aren't that bad. Depends on what you want to do. Check out this site. Linky They have some good trails.

What day are you thinking of going??

I was thinking of possible going out somewhere on Sunday. Stair way to heaven was revamped and is supposedly safe its just not offically open. You will need to park at Windward community College to the trail head which I am not too sure where it is. Might want to try and google it. For something sort and easy check out Aiea Loop, there are some nice views of the Halawa valley. Or if you want to do something longer and with some water falls and what not check out the back of Palolo valley. That trail can be dangerous but it is well worth it when you swim in the water falls. This trail isn't that hard to find and you can go a long way back on it you can easily do a full day hike on it.

#373924 - 14/06/07 09:07 PM Re: Hiking...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Theo,
Thanks for that link, that site will keep us busy for a while! Not sure now what day or when we will be going out.

The Poamoho Ridge Trail & Poamoho Hele Loa Access Road sounds like a good way to spend a day though! Is the access road more than a stock X could handle?

#373925 - 14/06/07 09:37 PM Re: Hiking...
Anonymous
Unregistered

One way to find out.. laugh From what I hear and have seen from pictures its a simple dirt road. Now if it has rained the day before you hike it might be a different story. The mud in the mountains can be like clay and really fun to drive in. laugh It doesn't take long to dry but, if you run into any trouble give me a call.

Moderator:  Xterrian 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal