shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#373966 - 25/04/06 06:28 PM Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

Figured this might help some people...

Young Brothers - InterIsland

Matson - Mainland

#373967 - 25/04/06 10:14 PM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Theo, did you ever find out the cost of shipping sliders to Hawaii? I sent an e-mail to Shrockworks asking for an estmate but didn't get a reply. I've since decided not to buy sliders for now, but I was just curious...

#373968 - 25/04/06 10:28 PM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

for the bumper with only a center loop and the sliders came out to around $1200.. What im going to do is, I already ordered my ARB bumper and Im going to put on Lopaka's sliders..

#373969 - 25/04/06 11:26 PM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra in HI:
What im going to do is, I already ordered my ARB bumper and Im going to put on Lopaka's sliders..
That sounds ... Post some pics when you get them installed...

#373970 - 25/04/06 11:37 PM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

will do.. Im as giddy a as school girl right now waiting for the damn bumper... I just need to save up some money and buy the sliders...

#373971 - 27/04/06 12:44 PM Re: Shipping Cost
Lopaka Offline

Loc: Chinatown, Honolulu, Hawaii, ...
I recommend DHL (Dependable Hawaiian Express) for shipping large parts including sliders from the mainland.

www.dhl-usa.com

#373972 - 02/05/06 02:23 AM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

this is what Im talking about

http://www.hawaiisuperferry.com/

#373973 - 02/05/06 05:35 AM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

One question when shipping a vehicle to the islands (Kahului, Maui actually). Are there any additional fees that Hawaii charges when bringing a vehicle over? I know that California has some additional charges for certain vehicles (non 50 state emissions legal type of stuff, older diesels, etc.) and am curious about it.

We'd be bringing 2 '02 Xterras and a modernized '67 Impala (feedback fuel injection, cats, the good stuff). Don't want to walk into a huge fee/fine for not buying something 'on island', you know?

Not talking immediately, but in about 3-4 years. The wife will be going to the French Culinary Institute in NY for a year first, then the islands. It's a timeline thing.

That superferry sweetens the pot some, as 4 wheeling on one island alone would get to me. Especially since I'm used to Moab, Colorado, Arizona, etc.

#373974 - 02/05/06 10:18 AM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

No emmisons type stuff here.. The only thing that really gets me going in hawaii, I think its only Oahu has a thing called Recon. which basically means if you look at your car weird you need to get it approved and it cost a pretty penny to get it done.

#373975 - 02/05/06 11:12 AM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's only in Oahu? I hope so, 'cause I get a lot of wierd looks. In Hawaii, the PhoeniX will be my daily driver, if the Impala falls through.

#373976 - 02/05/06 11:18 AM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea its things like suspension mods, my PML for example needs to get approved before i get a safety inspection, exhaust, headers, intake, fuel injection, supposedly even if you change your stereo its supposed to be done...

#373977 - 02/05/06 12:01 PM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unless you know someone that might "help you out" with said vehicle safety inspection. wink

#373978 - 02/05/06 10:13 PM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunslinger:
Unless you know someone that might "help you out" with said vehicle safety inspection. wink
What? Bend the law? You know us neighbor island guys wouldn't ever think of doing something like that... [Uh Oh !]

And yep, reconstruction laws are tied to population so, at least for now, it only affects the City and County of Honolulu... The problem on Maui is that we have a few cops with way too much time on their hands... When I first got my Nissan truck, there was a cop out there with his tape measure checking the bumper heights and whether the flares covered the tire thread (I had 35s back then)...

And hey, Cyclemut, if New Yawk doesn't work out, there is always the Maui Culinary Academy . Of course, you'd have to get used to our winters...

#373979 - 06/05/06 07:51 PM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd love to bring that up with her, but she's stuck on the French Culinary Institute. Likes the Dean and half the faculty there.

We're supposed to fly out there and check it out in August. But we're still a long ways away from affording it/paying off everything else.

They check suspensions? Ouch! I don't know if they'll allow my truck on the boat then, let alone the island! Everthing's been modified on my rig, and the front half won't even be the same design after this fall.

This is gonna suck if I have to get rid of my truck just to go to Maui. This could be a deal breaker for me. I feel a headache coming on.

#373980 - 06/05/06 08:35 PM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
They check suspensions? Ouch! I don't know if they'll allow my truck on the boat then, let alone the island! Everthing's been modified on my rig, and the front half won't even be the same design after this fall.

This is gonna suck if I have to get rid of my truck just to go to Maui. This could be a deal breaker for me. I feel a headache coming on.
Here's my old truck... It is legal and hardly draws any attention with the 33s... When I had the 35s, it was still legal, but a minor hassle at annual safety check time... I had to sign a paper saying that the truck had stock tires when safety checked - just a CYA thing for the folks doing the safety check, basically freeing them of any liability, which was fine with me...

#373981 - 07/05/06 12:24 AM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's a nice lookin' truck, for sure.

But your's isn't as noticable as this...

Sorry for the thread hijack. I'm still checking out everything I can in you folks' neck of the....ocean(?).

Sorry.

#373982 - 07/05/06 12:31 AM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

I really enjoy seeing pictures of the Pheonix.. I think you should be ok.. They don't check stuff until you get on island and there are ways of getting around these small obstacles... My friend just put a 10in left on his toyota and is running I think 36s... You should be fine you just might have to do a few mock ups so she can pass and then put everything back.. For example borrow someones stock tires and put them on for the safety check... Get some garden edging and place it so it covers the tire outside of your wheel well. Things like this...

I do not condon the violating of Hawaii's fine motor vehicle reconstruction laws, no matter how much of a PITA they may be.

#373983 - 07/05/06 02:11 AM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, it's kinda funny to see these jacked up trucks running around with light truck tires and stock rims... Friggin' weird looking... [Freak]

And if you do a SAS, just tell them that, just like Torotas, the early Xterras were straight axle and only the later ones had IFS... Or just get a job someplace that does safety checks and do it yourself... wink

#373984 - 07/05/06 05:12 AM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Not talking immediately, but in about 3-4 years. The wife will be going to the French Culinary Institute in NY for a year first, then the islands. It's a timeline thing.

That superferry sweetens the pot some, as 4 wheeling on one island alone would get to me. Especially since I'm used to Moab, Colorado, Arizona, etc.
You'll just have to make some trips upstate. It may not be Moab, but we can show you some challenging trails, good mud, and a few white-knuckle rock climbs.
laugh

#373985 - 07/05/06 07:41 PM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Daggerdoggie:
Quote:
[b]

You'll just have to make some trips upstate. It may not be Moab, but we can show you some challenging trails, good mud, and a few white-knuckle rock climbs.
laugh [/b]
I am all about that! I want to see it all. And if I only have a year, I'll be wheeling every weekend for sure.

#373986 - 08/05/06 12:23 AM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have some pretty interesting terrain over here. I know its a jeep website but yeh they have some good pics and hopefully soon we will be there..

#373987 - 08/05/06 05:02 AM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice pics!

Now that's the reason, right there, that the inter-island ferry is a must for me. To wheel there, and then drive home (via the ferry) will rock!

#373988 - 08/05/06 08:06 PM Re: Shipping Cost
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Are there any additional fees that Hawaii charges when bringing a vehicle over? I know that California has some additional charges for certain vehicles (non 50 state emissions legal type of stuff, older diesels, etc.)
Actually, CA no longer has any fee's for cars purchased out of CA (at least for CA emissions).

The State got sued and lost in federal court. I got my rebate (with minimal interest) of the @%#$ fee's I paid when I brought my 240sx into CA about 2 months before I moved out of CA (thankfully!).

If Hawaii is doing something similar, they could liable to a similar situation like in CA.

More on repeal of CA smog impact fee\'s - although for some reason they don't discuss the loosing of the lawsuit :rolleyes:

#373989 - 17/09/06 05:32 PM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

July 2007... Is when the ferry is slated to start.. Bill looks like we will be in Maui soon..

#373990 - 17/09/06 11:00 PM Re: Shipping Cost
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra in HI:
July 2007... Is when the ferry is slated to start.. Bill looks like we will be in Maui soon..
Don't bet the farm on that date... Still a lot of opposition... The Sierra Club folks are afraid the superferry will bring over "alien species" - you know: people from Oahu, cheap household goods, etc... Wouldn't want any of those over here... laugh

Of course, once you get your snorkel (and periscope)... wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Xterrian 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal