2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#374071 - 17/03/06 07:29 PM kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

going to be heading out to Kaena Point this weekend with 2005X, if anyone wants to join us, we are meeting on Sunday at the trail head parking area at 1:00PM. PM if you are interested.

::UPDATE:: There will also be a BBQ.... smile

:::POST PONED:::

::::NEW DATE APRIL 2nd::::

#374072 - 18/03/06 11:54 AM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have fun out there XiH... I'm thinking of doing a road trip here on Maui on Kuhio Day weekend...

I am seriously considering picking up some sliders, but the shipping is gonna hurt big time... Depends on how much Uncle Sam and Aunty Linda take on tax day...

[Uh Oh !]

#374073 - 18/03/06 04:23 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea im looking into getting some soon also.. prob. going to go with shrock works. If you want I can see if Jim from Shrock can combine our shipping if you want to order together.. Then I can either ship it to you or if you know someone goning to be here I can give it to them to take back... Might save a little on shipping..

#374074 - 19/03/06 02:19 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra in HI:
If you want I can see if Jim from Shrock can combine our shipping if you want to order together..
Yeah, it might be interesting to see if there would be a price break on shipping... Then I can check on aircargo rates between Oahu and Maui...

Or I can strap a handle on it and carry it on...

laugh

#374075 - 19/03/06 05:32 PM Re: kaena point
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Quote:
Originally posted by MMVOR:

Or I can strap a handle on it and carry it on...

laugh
Good luck. The FedEx man and I each about got a hernia just pulling my Shrockbars out his truck when I had them delivered to my house in San Diego. Forget trying to transport them via carry-on on a plane - they're way too heavy and the box is too long and awkward. Have it shipped direct, trust me.

#374076 - 19/03/06 06:49 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

It can't weigh much more than I do and they let me on the plane...

laugh

I really was kidding about carrying it on the plane, KJ...

wink

#374077 - 19/03/06 07:18 PM Re: kaena point
krisjon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MMVOR:
It can't weigh much more than I do and they let me on the plane...

laugh

I really was kidding about carrying it on the plane, KJ...

wink
Haha, well given what I see being toted back from the mainland by locals, nothing surprises me. I swear people are bringing back washing machines and stuff on some flights I'm on coming from LA. The Shrocks are about the most difficult to handle 150+ lbs in a box I've ever dealt with and I'm someone who can bench press more than twice that on a regular basis.

#374078 - 19/03/06 09:17 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

u think they would let me carry back a big block.. [LOL]

#374079 - 19/03/06 11:24 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey XiH... We've kinda threadjacked this away from the original topic... Sorry 'bout that...

KJ, I'm still a newbie around here... Should we start a "shipping stuff to Hawaii" thread in here and take our discussion to that thread? Just wondering...

Bill from Maui

#374080 - 19/03/06 11:34 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

its all good... to bad our trip got rained out.. didn't really want to go out there when it was pouring down rain and thundering.... Next time i guess..

Theo

#374081 - 20/03/06 07:52 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Been a bit of a silent member around here for a while. But, if you guys decide to head up to Kaena Point again, let me know. (Not to sure about how well my girl will hang if we go Wainai side (she's a 2wd) but I'd love to head up that way.) Just let me know when and I'll see if I can make it up there.

Brad

#374082 - 20/03/06 11:09 PM Re: kaena point
krisjon Offline

Quote:
its all good... to bad our trip got rained out.. didn't really want to go out there when it was pouring down rain and thundering.... Next time i guess..

Theo
Yeah, I'd like to do something soon. I've just been working so much and out of town a lot lately. Sorry to be so bad about returning phone calls. It seems every time you want to do something, I've been on the mainland lately. We'll talk soon, though. Sounds like we can round up a few people now to make a trip worthwhile - especially if Gunslinger and his girl join us as well.

#374083 - 21/03/06 03:03 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by krisjon:
Quote:
[b]its all good... to bad our trip got rained out.. didn't really want to go out there when it was pouring down rain and thundering.... Next time i guess..

Theo
Yeah, I'd like to do something soon. I've just been working so much and out of town a lot lately. Sorry to be so bad about returning phone calls. It seems every time you want to do something, I've been on the mainland lately. We'll talk soon, though. Sounds like we can round up a few people now to make a trip worthwhile - especially if Gunslinger and his girl join us as well.[/b]
This past weekend it was going to be me, 2005X, my friend who has a pathy, and another friend with a Jeep... So I think we are going to start to have a good size group.. With Gunslinger we will have a really good size group and should have a blast.. What does everything think about doing a trip on April 2nd??

Theo

#374084 - 21/03/06 06:57 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Still too early to tell if April 2nd will work for me. will keep it in mind

#374085 - 22/03/06 09:37 AM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds good to me. Just let me know what the plan is and I'll definatelly try to make it out! [drink]

#374086 - 22/03/06 09:47 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was off today so made a run out there today, was muddy but not real bad. Glad i put the Rock Sliders on i drug both of them over rocks at the start point, nothing alittle paint wont fix.

#374087 - 23/03/06 09:36 AM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lol! Hearing that kinda scares me a bit. I've never put my girl through the paces to see exactly what she's got in her. And only being a 2wd, it kinda worries me. What are you're experience's with 2wd's off roading around here? Or should I just forget the idea all together?

#374088 - 23/03/06 10:45 PM Re: kaena point
krisjon Offline

You can make it out there with 2wd - just make sure you go with someone. At Kaena, I only throw mine in 4x if I lose traction on a wheel (when it's dry, of course). It just depends on what line you take through stuff. You can bang up your truck, but only if you're not careful. Since it's been raining so much, I would wait until it dries out a bit though.

#374089 - 24/03/06 12:37 AM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

2005x did u get a chance to test out your winch?? looking forward to seeing it.. Has anyone ever repacked their bearings?? Im looking at doing it sometime this week but was wondering if anyone could help me.. I've looked over several how tos but a little bit of actually knowledge would be great.. Gunslinger, in the words of Eddy, GO.. haha You should be fine just make sure you have front and rear tow points and a recovery strap.. I know that there are ways to get around the big mudd pit in the begining by going through the parking lot. So you should be fine.. If you are still worried just drive up take a look at what is there and if you are worried jump in with one of us.. I was thinking of meeting at the trail on Sunday April 2nd at say around 2:00PM.. Try and bring a FRS radio I think I have an extra one and I might be able to get a hold of a few more just let me know if anyone needs. If everyone is still down for the bbq, list what you can bring.

I'll bring the grill and Charcoal and other cooking Utensils..

#374090 - 24/03/06 10:08 AM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yup tested the winch, i had some trees in my yard that needed to be pulled out so i used the winch to do it. two came out farely easy but the 3rd one would not come out, i even had it in 4lo and the tires were spinning on the asphalt and the stump would not move. Still too early to tell about April 2nd as far as i know i will be able to.

#374091 - 24/03/06 12:35 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm free on the 2nd and will be there if everything's set. I'll bring the meat (whatever you guys prefer, burgers, chicken, whatever) I'll be glad to give it a shot. Just need to get a recovery rope. I don't have a radio either. Like I said, I'm still a little new to this. I'm all about giving it a shot though. Keep me updated.

Brad

#374092 - 24/03/06 05:02 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have two radios and two recovery straps. Oh and a winch so count me in for now, every one i know are alittle slow on deciding things that affect me, so for now i will be there.

#374093 - 28/03/06 09:44 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've heard mixed reviews for the weather this weekend. Weather Channel is saying 20% chance of the wet stuff. I've also heard it's supposed to pick up towards the end of this week. Any ideas and/or plans?

#374094 - 28/03/06 11:22 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

If its raining I will prob. still go.. I doubt anyone will really want to bbq, so its up to you.. Went out this past weekend... It was really nasty.. But had a lot of fun... I'll post some pics.. all im going to say for now is that yesterday i spent the day pulling seats out tearing out my carpet and changing all my fluids.... [Huh?] If it is still raining I would strongly recommend having some good tread on your tires if not having ATs...

::Edit here are some pics ::

And the aftermath..

Lake Xterra

Maybe I should put depth marks on the sides of my center console..

When it was all clean..

#374095 - 29/03/06 01:47 PM Re: kaena point
Anonymous
Unregistered

so which hole did you get stuck in, went out on monday was nice and sunny but still real wet from sundays rain. I am finally done with my xterra for a few small things, put the Calmini lift on last night, winch is done, sliders are done, rear custom bumper is done. just got some alterations to do on the roof rack and sliders at some point in the next month before moving to alaska. as far as i know i am still on for sunday

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Xterrian 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal