2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#374211 - 14/11/06 11:43 PM Quick Repair Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

My 2000 X died while driving on H-1 this afternoon. I had it towed to Firestone, where after doing a "no start diagnostic" came to the conclusion that my timing belt had snapped.
If this is the case (which i hope it is, since anything else would cost a lot more probably) i was wondering if anyone has had their timing belt replaced, where they had it done and how much it cost... the guy only told me the timing belt was snapped, couldnt give me a price until tomorrow, so im just kinda wanting to get some numbers so i can brace myself for what i am going to hear tomorrow!! thanks all!

#374212 - 14/11/06 11:58 PM Re: Quick Repair Question
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Unfortunately, your timing belt replacement isn't a quick, easy or cheap repair. You could actually have some serious engine damage depending on where in the engine stroke the pistons and valves were when it did snap. It's about 50/50 whether you'll just be able to just replace the belt or end up needing a top end rebuild on your engine. A timing belt replacement is a little labor intensive so I'd expect anywhere from $300-500, maybe a little more depending on where you go. If the pistons hit the valves, you could be looking at $1-2K+

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that a belt replacement is all you'll need. Good luck.

Moderator:  Xterrian 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal