shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#374382 - 11/04/07 03:19 AM Maui here we come!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

So super ferry starts up in July.. Anyone want to make a trip to Maui to meet up with Bill and do some wheelin/sight seeing?? I propose the end of July anyone have any time conflicts??

ETA: If we leave and come back between M-R total transportation cost will be below $200. Per 1 person and 1 Xterra.

#374383 - 13/04/07 12:09 AM Re: Maui here we come!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are stll folks over here who are trying to delay the start of service... But it looks like it is gonna start up...

I'm not sure we'll have enough mud holes deep enough to sink your X, but there are lots of swimming pools and golf courses with water hazards...

laugh

OK, seriously, I hope that the road to Polipoli is open by then... If not, we can always go out past the road closed signs on the road to Kaupo... And of course there are one or two bars on the island...

[drink]

#374384 - 29/04/07 10:36 PM Re: Maui here we come!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just an update, I took a ride upcountry yesterday and the road to Polipoli is still closed... I'll check again next month...

#374385 - 29/04/07 11:26 PM Re: Maui here we come!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds like a plan. Im looking at the end of July. Anyone else got any ideas??

#374386 - 08/05/07 12:28 PM Re: Maui here we come!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are there any remote places to go to and camp? Maybe Hana side?

#374387 - 09/05/07 12:03 AM Re: Maui here we come!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by far west X:
Are there any remote places to go to and camp? Maybe Hana side?
There are specific camping areas (with permits), but IIRC, you can "fish" overnight along the coast... If you are serious, I can check around...

(Me, I prefer hotel rooms with AC and room service...)

laugh

#374388 - 09/05/07 12:07 AM Re: Maui here we come!!!
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Quote:
Originally posted by MMVOR:
Quote:
Originally posted by far west X:
[b]Are there any remote places to go to and camp? Maybe Hana side?
There are specific camping areas (with permits), but IIRC, you can "fish" overnight along the coast... If you are serious, I can check around...

(Me, I prefer hotel rooms with AC and room service...)

laugh [/b]
Remote is fine, just make sure there aren't any nearby streams Theo can fall into. laugh

#374389 - 09/05/07 12:12 AM Re: Maui here we come!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im looking at July 18-26th. I might do a 3-4 day hike in Haleakala if I can find someone to go with me. There is a friend of a friend who has a condo in Kihei that I might try stay in, and if anyone else wants go, it is a two bedroom.

#374390 - 13/05/07 03:59 PM Re: Maui here we come!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you are hiking the crater, I think the East Maui (Kipahulu) unit is closed, so you may want to check if they are letting people exit from the Kaupo Gap side... If not, it probably means hiking back up Sliding Sands Trail... Here are a couple websites:

http://www.nps.gov/hale
http://gorp.away.com/gorp/resource/us_national_park/hi_halea.htm

A check of the Na Ala Hele website shows that most of their trails are closed (probably due to the Polipoli fire):

http://www.hawaiitrails.org/island.asp?island=Maui

#374391 - 19/09/07 12:25 AM Re: Maui here we come!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

So it looks like Maui is holding out.. [Finger]

Kauai is game. Straight from Hawaiisuperferry.com

"We are pleased to learn that Hawaii Superferry will be able to resume service to and from Kaua‘i commencing September 26. The Governor, the U.S. Coast Guard, and various state and county agencies have provided Hawaii Superferry with assurances regarding the safety of our passengers, employees and the members of the community when Kaua‘i service is resumed."

I wouldn't want to be the first ones to go over. But it is possible in the near future.

Todd you going to be flying over to kauai anytime soon?? I like ride along.. laugh

#374392 - 23/09/07 03:49 PM Re: Maui here we come!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Superferry is holding off on the Kauai run... And it's a good idea not to go on one of the first trips - on the trips they did to Maui, some of our "environMENTALists" tried to vandalize the cars as the exited from the harbor...

Kinda funny since one of the complaints is that the ferry will be bringing in criminals from Oahu... Guess they can't handle the competition...

wink

#374393 - 25/09/07 02:02 AM Re: Maui here we come!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MMVOR:
"environMENTALists"
[Spit] [LOL]

Moderator:  Xterrian 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal