2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#374394 - 28/07/03 10:42 AM Xterra Club Hawaii Summer Camping Extravaganza
Lopaka Offline

Loc: Chinatown, Honolulu, Hawaii, ...
OK folks, time to get out all that old camping gear. Shake the centipedes out of that moldy mass you call a tent and spread it out in the sun. Is it good for one more outing? Nothing worse than your leaky shelter falling down on top of you and the kids in the middle of a storm, especially at night. And how about the camp stove, flashlights, lanterns, barbecue, etc? Do you need new batteries, propane, Coleman gas, lantern mantels? Check it all out folks because the first 2003 XTC-HI camping extravaganza is at hand!

The XTC-HI camp-outs are open to anyone who owns an Xterra, is thinking of buying one, or is just interested in talking about them. After all, we are an Xterra club! All our club events are aimed at celebrating Xterra ownership, promoting the vehicle and acquiring new XTC-HI members. However, we do encourage all folks to stop by and say hello or talk story.

This year another Nissan club, the Hawaiian Trailriders, will be joining us. cool

Activities we take part in at the park include swimming, fishing, kayaking,hiking,climbing, bird watching at the adjacent wildlife preserve, kite flying, biking, and more.

When? Sept 12-14. (Fri. afternoon through Sun. afternoon)

Where? Where else, Kualoa Regional Beach Park, Oahu.

How? Up to you. Be there, or forever be an object of ridicule.

For those who haven't been there, Kualoa Beach Park is a great place for family camping. There is plenty of space between the roomy, grassy camp sites which must be reserved at least two weeks ahead. There is no fee! The bathroom facilities are quite nice
for a beach park. There are no hot showers, but the water is warmish and comfortable anyway.

One thing Kukana and I like about the park is that it is gated and secured at 8:00 p.m.. This keeps out the late night rowdies who might want to drive into the park and cause trouble. From the gate to the camping area is probably a third of a mile or more. Most rowdies are not able or inclined to walk that far. We have camped at the park many times over the years with
family and friends and never had any problems with trouble-makers or theft.

Kualoa is a safe place for kids to swim. There is a sandy, shallow
swimming/wading area behind the shoreline breakwater. Two large shade trees are just opposite on the beach for watchful parents to hang out under. A lifeguard is on duty all day, every day of the week.

Perishable or otherwise provisions, i.e.. ice, etc., can be found six miles away at Temple Valley Shopping Center or the closer Hygienic Store in Kahaluu.

Mokolii island, Chinaman's Hat, is just a short swim, snorkel, walk
offshore. I know the trail to the top of the island and will lead the way for anyone interested in making the journey. There is a secret cove on the makai side of the island. If you plan to take part in this adventure, bring the necessary gear. Disposable sneakers are necessary to protect your feet while exploring the island and getting out there, if you are wading. Fins, mask, and snorkel are recommended in addition to the tennis shoes if you are swimming out.

Those of you with kayaks or canoes probably know this area is great for paddling. Bring your boats if you are inclined.

In the past, "pot luck" has been the way we handle the food situation and that has worked out fantastically well.
Kukana and I will be camping Friday and Saturday nights. We plan to leave late Sunday morning or early afternoon. I'm guessing Friday evening, folks will be coming out at different times to set up their tents and settle in. My suggestion for the first night, anyway, is that we forgo the potluck concept until breakfast Saturday morning.

It is still too soon to reserve camp sites so I will not have our camp site numbers until Aug. 29. We have a large banner to mark our
location in the park. Also, some folks are setting up pole supported
tarpaulins for community shelter.

Note, everyone is responsible for bringing there own camping gear including chairs, mats, stoves, grills, etc.

Hope to see you there.

Questions? Ask here or email me at:

Lopaka_2@yahoo.com

Aloha!

http://www.hawaiiweb.com/html/kualoa_regional_park.html

http://www.xterrahawaii.com/

#374395 - 28/07/03 11:58 PM Re: Xterra Club Hawaii Summer Camping Extravaganza
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
Post pictures when you're done. I live vicariously through others at the moment.

#374396 - 29/07/03 08:28 PM Re: Xterra Club Hawaii Summer Camping Extravaganza
Lopaka Offline

Will do, Xterrian. Hang in there and keep a low profile when you can.

Guess what. Chaney is taking delivery of a 2003 4x4 Solar Yellow Super Charged Xterra tomorrow!

#374397 - 01/08/03 04:32 PM Re: Xterra Club Hawaii Summer Camping Extravaganza
XTONKA Offline

Loc: Kailua Hawaii
I got it and can't wait til its broken in so I can go get it dirty. And Lopaka, you aren't going to be able to wimp out. You will be coming along with Big Bird 1. You have no excuses now. You now have a place to wash the mud off. Nothing serious just a little mud to play in. I'm not into breaking my truck or flooding it out. My wife would kill me if I ran my muddy alternator through our new dish washer. smile

Chaney

#374398 - 01/08/03 04:51 PM Re: Xterra Club Hawaii Summer Camping Extravaganza
XTONKA Offline

Loc: Kailua Hawaii
Pics of Xena are sure to be posted after the camp out. Sorry Xterrian, Lopaka has immunity from a Xena Tagging. He's too good of a friend and besides that, he's getting up there in age. I'd hate for him to experience any health problems over some plastic boobs and a wide open mouth.

Chaney

#374399 - 29/08/03 08:54 PM Re: Xterra Club Hawaii Summer Camping Extravaganza
Lopaka Offline

Ok folks, our camp site numbers are #7, #8, and #13. Thank you Stacy Carnes for taking time out of your busy day to help with getting the camping and parking permits. Yes, parking permits are now required for folks staying overnight (one for each vehicle). We have a total of nine parking permits so far. If you have not already given your RSVP here, PLEASE CHECK IN so we can be sure to get enough parking permits for everyone.

So far, we have not heard from Mango Dave or Butch & Lisa. Can you folks possibly make it? It won't be the same without you guys. E-mail me Butch, if you are still unable to post a message at XterraHawaii.com.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to get a little excited. Also, I understand we have a new, prospective, female XTC-HI club member who is going to be showing up for the campout. Lets be sure to give her a warm welcome.

#374400 - 30/08/03 10:40 PM Re: Xterra Club Hawaii Summer Camping Extravaganza
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
Yeah, both Xena and I were supposed to be back on the mainland for GOX this year. Oh well, maybe we'll both get back there for GOX V.

Moderator:  Xterrian 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal