shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#374401 - 01/12/03 11:06 AM Mokuleia Firebreak Road (Mauka)
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Can someone tell me about this? it's claiming to be a place to do some off roading...Is it worth the trip or not?

#374402 - 02/12/03 11:44 AM Re: Mokuleia Firebreak Road (Mauka)
Lopaka Offline

Loc: Chinatown, Honolulu, Hawaii, ...
Aloha RI Xterra,

I'm not familiar with the "Mokuleia Firebreak Road". There is an old sugar cane hauling road which runs along parallel and mauka of Farrington Hwy. If you can find an access gate open along Farrington Hwy., just before or in back of Dillingham Airfield, there are indeed some great trails accessible from the old sugar cane road. You can actually make your way up to Peacock Flats near the ridge top of the Waianae mountain range. Again, the problem is gates. Though property owners are supposed to allow access to all the old Hawaiian trails in existence at the time of the "Great Mahele", they are either ignorant of the law or simply ignore it. And, if you are caught trespassing on someone's property, good luck invoking this old law.

There was a time when I would wrap a chain around a gate and just pull it down, but I am much less radical these days.

http://www.teresatico.com/presentations/history-of-land-acquisition/

#374403 - 03/12/03 08:58 AM Re: Mokuleia Firebreak Road (Mauka)
DKX01 Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Lopaka:

There was a time when I would wrap a chain around a gate and just pull it down, but I am much less radical these days.

The good ol' "Jaws of Life"...an ol' favorite laugh ...

Hmmm...I would think that even if you beat the trespassing charges with that old law, you'd still get hit with desrtuction of personal property if they caught you.

Eh Lopaka, did you go to 4xFFD on 11/23? I heard it was a really small group this time around.

DKX01

#374404 - 03/12/03 09:35 PM Re: Mokuleia Firebreak Road (Mauka)
Lopaka Offline

Loc: Chinatown, Honolulu, Hawaii, ...
Aloha Derek,

Unfortunately, I missed the Saturday night campout in the valley. However, the "advanced" 4 wheel run on Sunday was a blast. There was a fellow in a 2 wheel drive Pathfinder who was determined to follow the group. He did surprisingly well on some hills, but really beat his vehicle to death. I was thinking, loose screw. His wife or girl friend looked terrified at times.

My impression was that Nissan Hawaii seemed less enthusiastic about this event in comparison to those sponsored in the past. There were fewer upper echelon Nissan representatives in attendance. Also, a lesser quality meal was provided, and there were no "clinics". I hope this does not mean that 4x4 Family Fun Day is being phased out. I will miss the good old days.

#374405 - 03/12/03 10:21 PM Re: Mokuleia Firebreak Road (Mauka)
DKX01 Offline

I hope it's not a sign of things to come. [Uh Oh !] I've had some great times there...

I didn't get to attend, my truck is on its way to Cali as we speak, but I know it wasn't planned out as well as prior events. I didn't hear about it until 3 or 4 days before it went off. Usually we'd get an email from NissanHawaii a few weeks prior to let us know it was coming around.

I saw some pictures posted on another board, it looked very lonely at Kualoa Ranch this time around!

DKX01

#374406 - 03/12/03 10:40 PM Re: Mokuleia Firebreak Road (Mauka)
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
Are you coming to the mainland DKX01? If you need a ride from the airport to your truck at the port, let me know.

#374407 - 04/12/03 06:18 PM Re: Mokuleia Firebreak Road (Mauka)
DKX01 Offline

Hey I appreciate the offer! But I don't think it'll be there 'till 2 or three days after I land in San Diego (and besides we don't get in 'till 10pm). Got a rental and a hotel already booked. We're good to go, but really, thanks again for the offer!

Looks like I'll be meeting some more great folks to wheel with in Cali laugh [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] I'm stoked....ready to change to "Southern California board" as my new home!

DKX01

#374408 - 04/12/03 07:11 PM Re: Mokuleia Firebreak Road (Mauka)
Xterrian Offline

Squid?

#374409 - 04/12/03 07:21 PM Re: Mokuleia Firebreak Road (Mauka)
DKX01 Offline

Jarhead [Freak]

DKX01

#374410 - 04/12/03 10:17 PM Re: Mokuleia Firebreak Road (Mauka)
Xterrian Offline

Nah, I was a medic with the grunts at one time, but now I'm a skirt.

#374411 - 04/12/03 11:00 PM Re: Mokuleia Firebreak Road (Mauka)
DKX01 Offline

Kewl! I was with the grunts for about 8 years. Went ahead, got my accounting degree and changed jobs. Very happy now as an internal auditor.

I think we jacked this guys thread [Uh Oh !] I've been on the SCCX website and I'm real excited to meet you all! I'll definitely be in touch more when Ol' Blue gets off the boat! Later!

DKX01

Moderator:  Xterrian 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal