shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#374530 - 18/02/04 11:27 PM Hello........
Anonymous
Unregistered

I signed up for this owner's club over two weeks ago and I have had no response. Is anyone running the club or is it dead......

#374531 - 20/02/04 07:19 PM Re: Hello........
XTONKA Offline

Loc: Kailua Hawaii
Xterrahawaii.com club or Xterra Owners Club? Xterrahawaii.com has always been an online club although not a very active one. Xterra Club Hawaii is the the Unofficial Official Xterra club in Hawaii but we haven't been very active lately either. Theres always hope though.

Chaney

#374532 - 21/02/04 11:52 AM Re: Hello........
Lopaka Offline

Loc: Chinatown, Honolulu, Hawaii, ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Navy Xterra Guy:
I signed up for this owner's club over two weeks ago and I have had no response. Is anyone running the club or is it dead......
Unfortunately, Navy Xterra Guy, you live on Kauai and Xterra Club Hawaii is located on Oahu. We do not know of any Xterra clubs on the "outer" islands, but as I have said before, when this subject arises, you could be the first to start one.

Participation in the last few XTC-HI club events has been low. Even the Nissan Corporation in Hawaii sponsored events of late have been poorly attended by XTC-HI club members (and these are fantastic events). I think perhaps the original excitement over the introduction of the Nissan Xterra in 1999 has worn off. Also, I probably could have done more to generate enthusasiam. However, planning events around the various schedules of club members has proved daunting. Many folks here in Hawaii work long hours, weekends, and even two or more jobs to keep pace with the cost of living.

I am open to suggestions about how to resuscitate Xterra Club Hawaii. We are not dead, yet.

Sincerely,

Bob Hooper (Lopaka)
President, Xterra Club Hawaii [Rainbow]

#374533 - 21/02/04 03:53 PM Re: Hello........
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
You guys better have some fun. Don't make me come over there.

#374534 - 22/02/04 10:59 AM Re: Hello........
Lopaka Offline

Loc: Chinatown, Honolulu, Hawaii, ...
Hey, I wish you would come back, Xterrian! smile

#374535 - 23/02/04 12:00 AM Re: Hello........
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a Shame!!! I seen Xterra's all over this island and I know there are good trails. But I am only here for another year and a half. I guess I will go treckin' by myself. When I get back stateside I will try and join another club. Possibly West Texas since that is were I am from.

#374536 - 23/02/04 12:10 PM Re: Hello........
DKX01 Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA
Yeah, like Lopaka stated, a little is due to the excitement wearing off, people working etc., but a bigger factor (for me anyways) was that trails to wheel on were almost non-existent on Oahu.

Twice a year, NissanHawaii got together with Kualoa Ranch for 4xFamily fun day...which was ok to get a little dirty and take some pictures (with some Ono grindz)...but that was about it. And recently the attendance to that was waning. (Along with fewer exhibits, speakers, activities, crappier food).

If there were places to wheel, I bet work would be not be as big a factor...people will find time if it is something they really want to do...for me, participating in parades, picnicing, and helping to collect trash in public parks are all ok things to do to support the cause, but the thing that brings everyone to the club (and to this site) is the Xterra. If we're not working on a truck or wheeling them, what is the point?

Almost all the land is posted over there. We were kicked out of so many places it wasn't even worth going. Kaena point was the only place you could go to wheel without a hassle, and even then, you still got dirty looks from hikers and mountain bikers. Now, from what I understand that the state government is even trying to close Kaena point to wheelers, because too many idiots are driving off the established trails and crushing the plantlife... Motorcycle and ATV'ers have a place to go up in the Kahukus, but not X'ers and the like.

Now, the Big Island has some trails! (If you don't mind lava) But no club chapter to take advantage of them, what a waste!

I miss the crystal blue beaches and a lot of good people, but the wheeling blew...we'll see how Cali fairs in comparison

DKX01

Moderator:  Xterrian 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal