2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#374882 - 14/08/02 08:11 PM GOX repair parts
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
Given the recent addition of GOX on the Nissan website, are they willing to front repair parts to the nearest Nissan Dealership?

With upwards of 50 vehicles, there are likely some casualties. Otherwise, what types of parts should various clubs try to bring to be prepared for trail repairs. My thought is that if each club brings a few parts, collectively, most problems should be resolved.

If things need to be ordered to be on hand in or near Ouray, now is probably the time to get things scheduled.

Todd

[Wave]
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#374883 - 14/08/02 08:39 PM Re: GOX repair parts
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
HXOC has discussed it over on our board and are planning to bring a few parts. HXOC forum

#374884 - 14/08/02 10:08 PM Re: GOX repair parts
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Nissan hasn't offered anything, and I have asked, it would be nice but, oh well...

Breaking something at GOX is very hard to do, but clubs should bring a few key items like idler arms, tie rods, hubs, torsion bars, shackles, add-a-leaves.

If people are going to abuse their trucks, and drive like rednecks, then spares should seriously be considered.

#374885 - 15/08/02 07:17 AM Re: GOX repair parts
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
You may want to consider a spare alternator. It's an item that dealerships RARELY keep in stock so you could be out for days if one went out. Just snag one from your local parts dept. and return it for a refund (if unused) when you get back. I did it 3 times laugh

#374886 - 15/08/02 06:18 PM Re: GOX repair parts
WheelOhio Offline

Loc: Columbus, OH
Guys,

Just as an FYI. I'm bringing a mini fab shop with me and I'm staying at the 4J 2 blocks of main street. We have 50 amps of power at the campsite to run the welder, cutoff saw and angle grinder. Plus, a ready welder for on the trail.

If ANYONE breaks anything or needs some work, just stop by. I work for beer. smile Even if you don't need some work done, stop by anyway, me and slackerx will drink ya' under the table. wink [LOL]

MVM

#374887 - 15/08/02 07:08 PM Re: GOX repair parts
UTJMAC Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Sure, Im thinking about cutting off the top on the X. What do you say to drinking a case and seeing who can cut the straightest line? [Freak]
John

Seriously, want to fab up a steering system in CO?

#374888 - 15/08/02 07:30 PM Re: GOX repair parts
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Speaking of steering systems..

Mark.. when are you going to post the pics of your system and where it broke?

Smart idea of having the moble welding stuff.. Being stuck up in the mountians for two days would REALLY suck!! :-(

#374889 - 15/08/02 08:31 PM Re: GOX repair parts
WheelOhio Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Speaking of steering systems..

Mark.. when are you going to post the pics of your system and where it broke?

Smart idea of having the moble welding stuff.. Being stuck up in the mountians for two days would [b]REALLY
suck!! :-([/b]
Actually, being stuck up in the mountains for 2 days would be awesome. It might suck for you, but would be a treat for me... smile

I don't have any pics of it broken, it happened at dark. frown A weld popped on my tube adapter and it pulled out leaving me stranded for 2 days. Bummer. I wanted to show everyone as an example of how hard it is to weld super thick steel like that. It looks good, but until you test it out you never can tell.

It was easily fixed and I learned alot about penatrating welds from visiting a local Iron Works company here in town. They were kind enough to demonstrate how to use a MIG on super thick steel.

Gotta admit, it surprised the hell out of me. My shackles, rocksliders, bedsliders have all survived the test...and are holding great.

Never claimed to be an expert, just have the BALLS to try...which is more than most.

See you in Ouray,

MVM

#374890 - 15/08/02 08:40 PM Re: GOX repair parts
WheelOhio Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by UTJMAC:

Seriously, want to fab up a steering system in CO?
Not really. Sorry man, the liability is too much. Try looking at TK1's setup. Reasonably priced and alot easier to do than a heim.

MVM

#374891 - 15/08/02 09:09 PM Re: GOX repair parts
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WheelOhio:

I don't have any pics of it broken, it happened at dark. frown A weld popped on my tube adapter and it pulled out leaving me stranded for 2
Oh well.. I figured that over the two days you would have shot some pics.. The important thing is you got out safely. smile

And I would love to stay two days in the mountians.. but by my choice laugh

#374892 - 16/08/02 05:15 AM Re: GOX repair parts
WheelOhio Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Oh well.. I figured that over the two days you would have shot some pics.. The important thing is you got out safely. smile
Yeah, I know what you mean. Rob's the one that owns the "good" digital camera that shoots all our video.

Since he's built his truck, his fiance Theresa has been shooting the video and taking pics and unfortunatley she shot all the video in low resolution and can't make a movie..Bummer. If a camera were available, there would have been pics of the breakage..just not posted here smile

Thanks for the concern though regarding my safety, here I thought you were trying to embarrass me for having the balls to try something and fail once before I got it right.

But we all know you would never do that... [Uh Oh !] :p wink

MVM

#374893 - 16/08/02 07:43 AM Re: GOX repair parts
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
GOX is mentioned/featured on the Nissan website? I don't see it...

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#374894 - 16/08/02 07:44 AM Re: GOX repair parts
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
GOX is mentioned/featured on the Nissan website? I don't see it...

Brent
Go to the Xterra portion of the Nissandriven.com site.. it is shown in the "offer/events" tab

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal