2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#375210 - 09/09/02 07:17 AM What happened to SLR?
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
I was all ready to see some of SLR's stuff at GOX. (products and driving skills)

Hey Spencer... Where did you go? Did you forget about us Xterra people? Three GOX's and three no shows. frown

#375211 - 09/09/02 12:38 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
Spencer Low Racing Offline

Loc: Parker
Hello to the Nissan community and to all XOC members. Glad to hear that GOX was a success and you guys had a great time. I’m really disappointed that we missed GOX III

GOX I – We did not exist as a retail company and did not have a website.

GOX II – We were finalizing parts and were not prepared for a public display. We had many shows to attend – the Off Road Expo and SEMA Show . We were also testing and designing parts for SLR’s upcoming product line.

GOX III – We were prepared to go with our 2002 V6 Supercharged 4WD Stage 5-equipped Xterra with new production SLR bumpers, sliders, roof rack, etc. We had two chase trucks to follow with parts and promo items.

I had planned to leave at 5 pm and to drive straight to GOX. I received a call on Wednesday at 3 pm. A very good high school family friend was involved in a very serious accident. 4 people were in the car, and 2 were airlifted. All of them will be OK, thank God.

I do apologize to all of SLR’s customers and the attendees of GOX III. Life is unpredictable. You could be hanging out with your best friend or loved ones one day, and the next day, you could be holding their hand in the ICU. The point being is that you never know what tomorrow holds. Cherish each moment with your friends and family as if they were your last. I know that all of my friends that were in that car will be ok, but I never though that this could happen to my loved ones and friends.

I’m sorry to disappoint you, Carlton. There are just some things that are more important than a gathering. We are not going anywhere. My front bumper is still waiting.

>>>SLR

#375212 - 09/09/02 07:42 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
x2see Offline

Loc: Independance mo usa
stage 5 what about stage 4

#375213 - 09/09/02 08:06 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
anderair Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
Good to see Carlton being a dick again.

Are you able to say anything positive?

EVER?????

#375214 - 09/09/02 08:16 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by anderair:
Good to see Carlton being a dick again.

Are you able to say anything positive?

EVER?????
I am positive that your post does not belong in this thread.. how is that?

After all the talk by Spencer about how he was going to come to GOX and show everyone how things are done I was a little disappointed when he did not show. Now that I know his excuse for his not being at GOX I do feel compassion for him and his friends.

But why you felt compulsion to enter into this conversation with a post best reserved for the ALR the world will never know. confused

#375215 - 09/09/02 08:45 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
anderair Offline

Quote:

But why you felt compulsion to enter into this conversation with a post best reserved for the ALR the world will never know. confused [/QB]
Among other things, because I am tired of your piss on everyone not named Calmini attitude. I believe the whole point of your post was to bring negative responses about SLR. When you posted your original question and it did not get a response overnight in the other thread, you felt compelled to make a bigger point out of it.

I don't know Spencer or anyone else at SLR but they support the Xterra with custom parts. Good for them. And us. And if I worked at Calmini, I would be doing everything I can to the keep the name Calmini from being associated with you. I wonder if they have any idea the disservice you provide them.

#375216 - 09/09/02 08:58 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
I believe the whole point of your post was to bring negative responses about SLR. When you posted your original question and it did not get a response overnight in the other thread, you felt compelled to make a bigger point out of it.

Seeing as Spencer does not have time to read every single post on this board (as he himself has stated) I did post a seperate thread questioning his reasoning for not attending the event that he himself had hyped up.

Perhaps you are unaware of the jabbing that goes on between people here on this board but your persecption of my posts (evil intent) was way off.
And if you feel that my post was going to bring negative publicity to SLR then there are issues beyond me being the first to ask the question of why he did not attend.

#375217 - 09/09/02 09:01 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
I believe the whole point of your post was to bring negative responses about SLR.
I didn't see it that way at all. I saw Carlton asking for an answer of why they've missed the last 3 GOX's, a lot of people are curious and disappointed that they weren't there. I was glad he asked and got an answer, I was wondering myself.

SLR, sorry about your friends and I'm glad they're going to be OK. Better luck next year we hope.

#375218 - 10/09/02 09:11 AM Re: What happened to SLR?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Even I thought the question seemed a bit loaded given Carlton's history, but I though Steve's response ought to have been the end of the thread.
Knock it off already everyone, yeesh.

:rolleyes:
Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#375219 - 10/09/02 09:19 AM Re: What happened to SLR?
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Even I thought the question seemed a bit loaded given Carlton's history, but I though Steve's response ought to have been the end of the thread.
Knock it off already everyone, yeesh.

:rolleyes:
Brent
This is the second thread I've read today with you telling people how to act. Apparently your mod duties are going to your head. Go over to your "other" board if you want to tell people what to do.

Not to mention, you stuck your opinion into this thread and THEN tell people to knock it off. Go now, I think there's a flame war to prevent over on Xterra Firma.

#375220 - 10/09/02 11:18 AM Re: What happened to SLR?
apwired Offline

Loc: LA, CA, USA
Wow, I wan gunna stick up for Calton and add that I didn't take his SLR query in ANY negative light.. but now I think I can see there are bigger issues between some of you people that we viewers don't need to read... take it to the trail boys!
Pick a trail, time and brawl OFFline... smile

Sorry about your misfortune Spencer as well as having to hear shit on the boards as well.

As for the rest of this thread, how about just locking it and we're all done w/ this.
Thanks, and smile you fkrs, you're on candid camera!
apwired

#375221 - 10/09/02 01:13 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I'm not trying to moderate the thread, at least not in the "to preside over or act as chairman of" sense, but I am trying to moderate the thread in the "to lessen the intensity or extremeness of" sense. This crap is getting old, hence the reason XF is actively discouraging it.

Flame on, it's your trainwreck...
Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#375222 - 10/09/02 02:38 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
anderair Offline

Quote:
I'm not trying to moderate the thread, at least not in the "to preside over or act as chairman of" sense, but I am trying to moderate the thread in the "to lessen the intensity or extremeness of" sense. This crap is getting old, hence the reason XF is actively discouraging it.
LOL. Pot kettle black. So is this a new kinder, gentler Brent? Enjoy your new life at XF. Moderate the hell out of it.

#375223 - 10/09/02 02:49 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
This crap is getting old, hence the reason XF is actively discouraging it.
Right, the crap is getting old, but you don't mind sharing your opinion before telling everyone else to shut up. Pot calling the kettle black no doubt.

#375224 - 10/09/02 04:22 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
Spencer Low Racing Offline

Loc: Parker
I think thumbs down and hop on the anti-SLR bandwagon was Carlton's intent.

Most XOCers are used to his consistent ignorance/anti-SLR.

A few clarifications:

“Show everyone how things are done”???

Come on, I simply stated that I would be there Wednesday night.

“ The banter between SLR and everyone else”
Are you speaking for fellow XOC members? The only banter that I recall was with Calmini McMillan.

Anderair:

I think most members on this board feel your comments. Thanks for the support and interest in SLR.

X2See:

“Stage 5 What Happened to 4”

Stage 5 will be on display at the SCORE Primm 300, in Primm, Nevada 09\13\02.
We will also be at the Off Road Expo, SEMA Show, and selected Nissan events.

Stage 4 pricing will be updated on the website in the upcoming weeks. Testing and durability/longevity phase has exceeded well over 6 months.

Here at SLR, all products will go through a vigorous testing phase before being released to the public/production.

If anyone is interested in the well being of my friends, Some will be released tomorrow and the rest should be released Thursday/Friday to Monday (fingers crossed).

Thank you for your condolences and concerns.
Any questions, call SLR at 928.667.4757.

>>>SLR

#375225 - 10/09/02 05:29 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
nozzlejock Offline

Loc: Las Vegas
I don't know what your schedule is like with the SCORE event, But on Saturday 9/14 NVXC's first offroad run is going to be in the Sandy Valley area near Primm.

It would be awesome to have the Stage 5 vehicle tagging along or at least making an appearance.

Your support for the Nissan community is awesome, and should be appreciated by everyone.

#375226 - 10/09/02 05:37 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
Carlton McMillan Offline

Now for something completely differant..

Hey Spence.. Are you going to attend GONE? [Wave]

#375227 - 10/09/02 06:18 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
The X Factor Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
SLR,
What does the Stage 5 Kit have that the stage 4 doesnt? Is it possible the stage 5 will be more than just a 3" lift? When do the front shock hoops go on sale, and how much will they run ?

#375228 - 10/09/02 08:45 PM Re: What happened to SLR?
sundevil845 Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Can you start a new thread for the questions X Factor? I am sure lots of people are interested in the answer but may not read the answers with all of the off topic crap in this thread.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal