shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#376167 - 08/09/03 07:20 PM Bad Situation.
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
Wow I wonder why I look so damn nervous in this picture.

#376168 - 08/09/03 07:28 PM Re: Bad Situation.
UTJMAC Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Shakey high lift...At least the teva foot will be there to stop it from coming out from under the truck!
Bad situation to be in, but glad you came out safe.
John

#376169 - 08/09/03 07:29 PM Re: Bad Situation.
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
That was my foot.. If it had let loose I am sure it would have thrown me across the valley. [Too much XOC]

#376170 - 08/09/03 07:47 PM Re: Bad Situation.
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Why didn't you back up to change the flat ?

#376171 - 08/09/03 08:28 PM Re: Bad Situation.
imacsae Offline

basically he was already pretty of camber where he was. For some reason someone told him to attack the climb sideways. we moved him back but he just kept tipping farther. It realy sucked to be in there doing that but someone had to do it.

#376172 - 08/09/03 08:29 PM Re: Bad Situation.
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Why didn't you back up to change the flat ?
NO DOUBT! I had a hi-lift fail IN MY GARAGE! Just forget about a rim that can get replaced and get to a flat spot.... Your lives are worth more than a crappy rim anyhoo!

#376173 - 08/09/03 09:54 PM Re: Bad Situation.
therob Offline

Loc: Albuquerque, NM
Pink shirt guy spotted me, and it seemed doable at the time. Ive been over worse, just cought the rim on that stupid rock. I really apreciate all the help you guys gave that day.
Ivan, you saw how I wanted to get out and do it myself, but you said it was safer for me to keep my weight on that side. I just wanted it to get done, and a few of you stepped up and got the job done, and I appreciate that. As for pink shirt guy (Andy, I think) Just a bad line, thats all. no biggie. But you will always be known from that day foreward as "pink-shirt-guy".

#376174 - 08/09/03 11:19 PM Re: Bad Situation.
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by imacsae:
Wow I wonder why I look so damn nervous in this picture.
Yeah, if my highlift was curved like that I wouldn't want to be under there either! :p

#376175 - 15/09/03 09:34 PM Re: Bad Situation.
KaiOtiK Offline

Loc: Mountain View, Ca.
therob
WTXC
2000 yellow
4x4 xe

posted 09-08-2003 10:54 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pink shirt guy spotted me, and it seemed doable at the time. Ive been over worse, just cought the rim on that stupid rock.

As for pink shirt guy (Andy, I think) Just a bad line, thats all. no biggie. But you will always be known from that day foreward as "pink-shirt-guy".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, it's Andy...
But keep in mind, I spotted Ivan & Roger up the same obstacle on exactly the same line as I was spotting you & they both made it up with little problem...WoW, they never broke anything!!!

So if you want to blame me for faulty spotting, that's fine...But stepping on the gas too hard, which caused you to bounce sideways 3 feet, while attempting that obstacle was pretty stupid, as you mentioned to me after you broke your rim!!!

Next time I'll just stay in my X and you can spot yourself...

PS: You previously mentioned you've done worse??? Maybe it's your driving that breaks things...Not The People Kind Enough To Spot You!!!

#376176 - 16/09/03 07:00 PM Re: Bad Situation.
imacsae Offline

Whoa there hold your horses guys.

Rob I know that you didn't mean your comments in a derogatory way toward pink shirt guy. The truth is regardless of the line your spotter shows you it is still the drivers responsibility to take it or not. I know you arent pissed about it or anything just andy seems to take it a bit personally.

Andy ( aka pink shirt guy). I still don't remember you spotting me I thought it was your buddy the white guy who was with you. Sorry I forgot his name. I have no idea what the truck looked like before the bead popping but afterward it looked like he was attacking the obstacle at a right angle. It certainly didn't look like the line I took. Then again I took like 11 lines before I found the right one.

I am not in any way attacking anyone just kinda clarifying the situation here. Either way me and roger made it and all you babies stayed at the bottom HA HA.

#376177 - 16/09/03 08:50 PM Re: Bad Situation.
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
WAIT A MINUTE!! ANDY! What has the Air Force done to you? You were wearing a pink shirt? laugh Your colors will always be red and gold brother.
Semper FI Marine!

#376178 - 17/09/03 09:21 PM Re: Bad Situation.
therob Offline

Loc: Albuquerque, NM
Dude, takin a little personal there Andy. I said it was no biggie. You chose the line for me (way different from the line the others took, I know I was watching closely) I chose to take the line you showed me even though I had not thought of it. And YES I take full responsibility for that, after all I was the one in the drivers seat. It appeared to me that I needed a little momentum to approach that thing, and it turned out bad. Oh well, it cost me a 25 dollar rim. I have been over harder stuff (thats what I mean) I refuse to get hatefull toward you Andy, I never ment it in a bad way. When you off road, stuff breaks... everyone knows that. But please do not over react, calling me stupid is a little harsh I think, or is it the "pink shirt" thing your upset about? Either way, DONT be mad at me.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal