shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#376436 - 18/09/02 01:39 PM Even MORE pictures....
apwired Offline

Loc: LA, CA, USA
Just in case y'all are not reading the other threads here, two more days have been added to my GOX3 pixctures..... thur and friday, leaving only the Moab xcursion afterwards!
check 'em out!

Yum Yum Yum!

-alfonse

#376437 - 18/09/02 03:21 PM Re: Even MORE pictures....
UTJMAC Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Al, once again, sweet pics. Just wanted to let you know, photo 116 on Fri isn't showing up. Sweet!
John

#376438 - 18/09/02 04:07 PM Re: Even MORE pictures....
apwired Offline

Thanks for the comment and notes John..
Photo 116 id actually a quicktime movie file.. a panoramic spin ... you'll need to have a QT plug in your browser to see it, sorry if I leave any of you out, but y'all should have it install already... its just a big file, give it a few mins to DL if you have a dialup.

And for the beyond pics.... YES and probably after the weekend... I'm a little too busy this week, but have no fear, MORE to come.... or fear that if you like!

-alfonse

#376439 - 18/09/02 04:55 PM Re: Even MORE pictures....
CALMINI Products Inc Offline

Loc: Bakersfield, Ca. USA
Al, that is really, really, well done.

#376440 - 18/09/02 06:35 PM Re: Even MORE pictures....
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Great as always!

You need to take less pictures though, every time you put more pictures up I spend hours looking at them. wink

Xterra101.com

#376441 - 18/09/02 06:45 PM Re: Even MORE pictures....
apwired Offline

Thanks Steve, I was wondering where you've been.... smile I emailed you last week... I guess I should just call you huh? smile

Dustin, sorry for the *waste* of your hours, but what in the world could you be doing if you're not IN your xterra???? I mean, its either drive your X or look at pictures of Xs right? smile

thanks again guys,
alfonse

#376442 - 18/09/02 07:39 PM Re: Even MORE pictures....
TK1 Offline

Loc: Taylorsville, UT
Yah Al, Dustin spends all night looking at your pictures and then sleeps through his alarm and misses trail runs! :p

Your pics look great, I'm looking forward to Saturdays photos.

Got paint?

#376443 - 18/09/02 09:29 PM Re: Even MORE pictures....
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Yup I second that, very well one smile The wedding photos and B&W's of tomboy are cool looking forward to the old school 35mm prints

He's a couple of you in your natural habit laugh and one of Snoopy at the wall

#376444 - 19/09/02 12:42 AM Re: Even MORE pictures....
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Apwired,
Your pics are always soooooo awesome! I love your perspective and ability to make the most ordinary look absolutely beautiful.

Now that I have buttered you up, I have some quick questions. What equipment do you use? Do you have any filters to take those scenic shots or do you photoshop them? I am trying to learn my hobby and be a better photographer. I also want to justify my expensive 4wheeling hobby, and I think I can do that if each time I come back I am armed with awesome photos.

I use a Nikon N80. Any tips?

#376445 - 19/09/02 07:17 AM Re: Even MORE pictures....
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Really nice Al, I'm not even bringing my camera next year smile

#376446 - 19/09/02 11:19 AM Re: Even MORE pictures....
apwired Offline

Thanks people, I love taking tha pictures and that helps.... Posting them and hearing that yall like them makes it even better!

KJ_xterra - two things, pack some patience to take multiple shots of the same thing so to have a good shot when you get home & a circular polarizer to kill glare on windshields (if you want to) and defind the clouds..... Ok three, keep moving to get more than one POV.. they may not all work for the subject matter, but chances are worse if ou stay still and that one didn't work either - then all your shots are weak, smile

Otherwise - everything you see on the GOX3 pages are straight from the Nikon Coolpix 990 - yes, digital - no photoshop or cleaning until the images get moved to the Printroom. Check out the difference in those prints here , color correct, clean out trash if necessary, cut off open X doors in group shots and the like but nothing fancy in the main bulk of pictures besides batch optimizing for smaller downloads.

And xterraintx, make sure I'm planning to attend b4 you do that - wouldn't want you to miss getting pix of the chilly willys cause I didn't show!
smile
-alfonse

#376447 - 19/09/02 05:15 PM Re: Even MORE pictures....
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by apwired:

KJ_xterra - two things, pack some patience to take multiple shots of the same thing so to have a good shot when you get home & a circular polarizer to kill glare on windshields (if you want to) and defind the clouds..... Ok three, keep moving to get more than one POV.. they may not all work for the subject matter, but chances are worse if ou stay still and that one didn't work either - then all your shots are weak, smile

Otherwise - everything you see on the GOX3 pages are straight from the Nikon Coolpix 990 - yes, digital - no photoshop or cleaning until the images get moved to the Printroom. Check out the difference in those prints here , color correct, clean out trash if necessary, cut off open X doors in group shots and the like but nothing fancy in the main bulk of pictures besides batch optimizing for smaller downloads.

Apwired,
Thanks. I will try those tips. I haven't switched to all digital yet. I am still using my 35mm SLR. The Nikon 990 is a pretty sweet camera. I have used it before and was really happen with the quality (although I have issues with the shape of the camera). I am guessing you have the lense attachments to get the wide and fisheye views.

I will be shooting a friends wedding next weekend. I will try and incorporate some of your ideas and see what happens.

thanks!

#376448 - 20/09/02 06:19 AM Re: Even MORE pictures....
trisalsa Offline

Loc: Glastonbury, CT
Incredible pictures. I love that area, but live in the Northeast. It makes me yearn to be there.

#376449 - 20/09/02 12:28 PM Re: Even MORE pictures....
apwired Offline

Yes, I do have the fisheye attachment for the 990 forgot to mention it - no polarizer on that on yet though.. thus the skiies get blown out alot.
I also shot a Nikon 6006 while I was there, not thing to post from the camera yet though.

Good luck with the wedding..
-alfonse

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal