shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#376675 - 19/08/01 09:59 PM Any climbers heading to GOX?
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Does anyone heading to GOX plan on doing any rock climbing or know of any good areas near Ouray? (I mean climbing with your hands & feet, not your X). I was planning on bringing my climbing gear if anyone's interested...

#376676 - 19/08/01 10:56 PM Re: Any climbers heading to GOX?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I'm not sure what there is to climb during the Summer, but Ouray does have the worlds first and largest ice climbing park (you'll have to come back in January).

#376677 - 20/08/01 04:53 AM Re: Any climbers heading to GOX?
Chris Mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
I'm not sure what there is to climb during the Summer, but Ouray does have the worlds first and largest ice climbing park (you'll have to come back in January).

I know. When I first read your page about GOX several months ago, I saw the word "Ouray", and immediately thought of the Ouray Ice Festival. Its probably the largest single ice climbing event there is. I'm sure there's lots of rock to climb, I'm just hoping to get an insider scoop so I find some that's appropriate for me.

#376678 - 21/08/01 05:12 PM Re: Any climbers heading to GOX?
apwired Offline

Loc: LA, CA, USA
Hey there Caver-X...
I was hoping to sneak my shoes and harness in my bag with me but had no idea what time (or place) I would to climb.. but would love to if you bring your gear... [I can lead to 5.9 / follow to 5.10]
The thing is that if I go, I will be passenging along with Xtoolbox from SCCX down here in Los Angeles.... (I have an X, but my wallet needs the rest...) ..so my gear packing will be slightly limited.

Lemme know if you find out about some places to climb ahead of time...
thanks,
apwired

#376679 - 22/08/01 06:09 AM Re: Any climbers heading to GOX?
Chris Mc Offline

I'm still looking. There are plenty of "big climbs", ie mountains and such, but I'm looking for smaller single-pitch routes. I'm sure there's plenty in the area, but I have no solid leads. There is a guidebook for SW Colorado that has a lot in it. I may pick that up before I leave. I will be bringing my gear regardless, even if I just end up doing some bouldering.

#376680 - 22/08/01 11:55 AM Re: Any climbers heading to GOX?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by apwired:
The thing is that if I go, I will be passenging along with Xtoolbox from SCCX down here in Los Angeles....

Are you coming or not ?

If you are, why aren't you listed on the sign up form ?

#376681 - 22/08/01 01:43 PM Re: Any climbers heading to GOX?
apwired Offline

Loc: LA, CA, USA
Hello Ian,
I hadn't filled out the signup form because of two things...
I need to clear the time with my woman and my rent, and if I attend I would be travelling with Brian in his truck and not bringing my own so I thought I better not screw up the total by adding me, without an X. Sorry to confuse if I did. But I should know my final answer this weekend (which IS leaning towards the yes more and more..) when I talk to Brian on this upcoming run... he's been real busy with the baby toolbox!

Aside from that, thanks for the note Caver-x....

-alfonse

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal