shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#377181 - 14/09/03 07:47 PM More GOX Pictures
R&R LOPEZ Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs (Security)
Here is my link to my picture that My wife and I took at GOX this year I was able to do Yankee Boy Basin at night, Ophir Pass and Imogene Pass as well as so other one from the mountain I well post some more when I get some time meanwhile enjoy GOX pictures [Wave] laugh

FEAR NO ONE
RESPECT ALL

Life is but a Dream, Live it to its fullest!!!

#377182 - 14/09/03 09:44 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Nice, the first picture is Ivan stealing a hubcap !

#377183 - 14/09/03 10:51 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Nice pics.

Why did that green X have to be strapped out?

#377184 - 14/09/03 10:55 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
What's the story with this pic?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/84011119/87096081hppJJp

It looks like another example of the dredded brush guard.

#377185 - 15/09/03 07:54 AM Re: More GOX Pictures
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
What's the story with this pic?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/84011119/87096081hppJJp

It looks like another example of the dredded brush guard.
eek

#377186 - 15/09/03 08:40 AM Re: More GOX Pictures
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Why did that green X have to be strapped out?
2WD. The strap was just there if it was needed.

You can spot the 2WD Xterra in several pictures, it's the one with dust behind it from spinning wheels.

#377187 - 15/09/03 11:56 AM Re: More GOX Pictures
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Quote:
[b]Why did that green X have to be strapped out?

You can spot the 2WD Xterra in several pictures, it's the one with dust behind it from spinning wheels.[/b]
I thought 2WD's weren\'t allowed. confused

Quote:

Do I need a 4X4 Xterra for trail runs ?
Yes. 2WD Xterras will not be allowed on trail runs due to damage done to the trails, dust created and holding up groups while being assisted over obstacles.
Does this mean that GOX5 will be 2WD-friendly?

#377188 - 15/09/03 02:17 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
XOC Offline
Admin

They aren't.

#377189 - 15/09/03 04:45 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
R&R LOPEZ Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs (Security)
Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Why did that green X have to be strapped out?

You can spot the 2WD Xterra in several pictures, it's the one with dust behind it from spinning wheels.[/b]
I thought 2WD's weren\'t allowed. confused

Quote:

Do I need a 4X4 Xterra for trail runs ?
Yes. 2WD Xterras will not be allowed on trail runs due to damage done to the trails, dust created and holding up groups while being assisted over obstacles.
Does this mean that GOX5 will be 2WD-friendly?[/b]
Well I didn't create dust and was in no way helped over any obstacle as a matter of fact it was the a couple of time that I had to wait for 4wds to get over obtacles I just picked the better lines and used momentum I nearly of almost didn't spin my tires in any way to cause any trail damage and if I did begin to spin I just let off the gas to regain traction of just picked another line. Maybe to the novice 2WD offroading yes they are going to cause trail damage or spin their tires excessly and create dust but you have to remember my other truck is a HUMVEE [Finger] so I think I know a thing or two on off roading laugh

FEAR NO ONE
RESPECT ALL

Life is but a Dream, Live it to its fullest!!!

#377190 - 15/09/03 09:10 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
XOC Offline
Admin

Images 14 and 15 show a lot of dust behind your Xterra climbing Ophir.

#377191 - 15/09/03 09:40 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it that 2WD are not allowed or just not allowed in "GOX"?

#377192 - 15/09/03 10:45 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
twitch Offline

Loc: Brea, CA
Quote:
you have to remember my other truck is a HUMVEE so I think I know a thing or two on off roading
Since when does that mean anyone knows how to offroad? That just tells me you can buy an expensive rig to compensate for your lack of driving ability.

I have a solid axle Pathfinder that can get me just about anywhere (except up the 5 freeway [Crybaby] )and I learned this weekend I didn't know shit...

Yatta! forever...
http://www.refriedchicken.com

#377193 - 15/09/03 11:28 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by twitch:
...I learned this weekend I didn't know shit...
That should be a bumper sticker.

#377194 - 16/09/03 09:21 AM Re: More GOX Pictures
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
He has a hummer as in he is in the army. At least he got through gox without busting both ball joints twitch. [Finger] Funny but brian also calls that pathfinder his.

Don't mind the 2wd in the pictures I knew he wasn't allowed on the trails at gox so I just snuck him in in my pocket.

#377195 - 16/09/03 05:41 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
everyone needs to jump off his back. he was willing to drive a hell of a long way to be there and have some fun and now some pretentous snobs are giving him flak, what a bunch of fuc*ing kids. ive seen him drive and have wheeled with him many a times and he can do more with that 4x2 that most posers driving 4x4's could ever dream of. and what the fu*k is up with an xterra gathering and excluding 4x2's last time i checked their tailgates said "xterra" just like yours. since when did you people put a ban on people doing trails just because you happened to be there that week. for the love... come on grow up a little bit and lets just have fun with the trucks that we love. by the way nice work on the side door, im sure that rock was a killer!!!!

Thomas Jefferson

#377196 - 16/09/03 05:46 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
LOL...

some things never change

[Laughing]

#377197 - 16/09/03 06:24 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra312002:
everyone needs to jump off his back. he was willing to drive a hell of a long way to be there and have some fun and now some pretentous snobs are giving him flak, what a bunch of fuc*ing kids. ive seen him drive and have wheeled with him many a times and he can do more with that 4x2 that most posers driving 4x4's could ever dream of. and what the fu*k is up with an xterra gathering and excluding 4x2's last time i checked their tailgates said "xterra" just like yours. since when did you people put a ban on people doing trails just because you happened to be there that week. for the love... come on grow up a little bit and lets just have fun with the trucks that we love. by the way nice work on the side door, im sure that rock was a killer!!!!
Yeah!

#377198 - 16/09/03 06:46 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
and what the fu*k is up with an xterra gathering and excluding 4x2's last time i checked their tailgates said "xterra" just like yours. since when did you people put a ban on people doing trails just because you happened to be there that week.
GOX has always been a 4 wheeling event. A few trails can be managed in a 2WD, but most are 4WD only.

I can't police it though, since it's a free country.

#377199 - 16/09/03 08:46 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
finally something smart. your damn right its a free country and he can do whatever the hell he wants especially since he went to war to defend it. GOX should be an event where EVERYONE who owns an xterra is welcome instead of some having to be smuggled in. you said it yourself that "GOX has always been a 4 wheeling event," so why the huge deal with no 4x2's. don't give me that environmental bullshit because we all drive SUV's to begin with, what about the mods we put on, the mud tires that dig up the dirt. how do you know that a trail is 2wd till you try it. jimminy christmas im wasting my life having an argument with a person who i have never met and would more than likely get along with, what have we all become????

Thomas Jefferson

#377200 - 16/09/03 10:07 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
im wasting my life having an argument with a person who i have never met and would more than likely get along with, what have we all become????
thats about the conclusion it took me two years to come to... at least your a quick learner

#377201 - 17/09/03 07:01 AM Re: More GOX Pictures
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Quote:
finally something smart. your damn right its a free country and he can do whatever the hell he wants especially since he went to war to defend it. GOX should be an event where EVERYONE who owns an xterra is welcome instead of some having to be smuggled in. you said it yourself that "GOX has always been a 4 wheeling event," so why the huge deal with no 4x2's. don't give me that environmental bullshit because we all drive SUV's to begin with, what about the mods we put on, the mud tires that dig up the dirt. how do you know that a trail is 2wd till you try it. jimminy christmas im wasting my life having an argument with a person who i have never met and would more than likely get along with, what have we all become????
Lighten up dick weed. What he means is without low range most drivers have to resort to speed and rough driving which tears up the trails. Then activists petition government to close these trails claiming we are tearing up the earth. He admitted he had trouble at high elevation since he didn't have low range. I am glad he can wheel and enjoy his Xterra. All Ian is saying is it takes a 4wd to do a lot of the trails in Ouray due to elevation. Ian has never tried to kick anyone out of Ouray as it is free country. He just suggests you have a 4wd and if not your on your own as he will not take you with him. So find someone else to go with like this guy did. You seem to be the only one up in arms about this.

Oh and the maps and guides from years of offroaders rating the trails is probably where he gets his information of them being 4wd only. Geez if only the people testing and rating these trails were as smart as you :rolleyes:

#377202 - 17/09/03 08:03 AM Re: More GOX Pictures
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Quote:
[QB] GOX should be an event where EVERYONE who owns an xterra is welcome instead of some having to be smuggled in. you said it yourself that "GOX has always been a 4 wheeling event,"QB]
First let me ask.. Have you ever driven a 2wd vehicle without a transfer case at or above 10k ft elevation? On pavement or rough terrain? I will wait for your answer before I continue.

I would hate to waste my time argueing with someone who does not know what he/she is talking about. What would be the point?

#377203 - 17/09/03 09:19 AM Re: More GOX Pictures
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Have you ever driven a 2wd vehicle without a transfer case at or above 10k ft elevation? On pavement or rough terrain?
I can say I actually tried this by keeping it in 2HI for part of one day at GOX. Even with the smallest incline you have to put the pedal to the floor and you barely move.

Now spending 5 hours on a trail (times 5 days) like this would make me go insane.

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#377204 - 17/09/03 11:04 AM Re: More GOX Pictures
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Xorand:
I know that at higher elevations you lose engine power, but is it really that bad? I'm asking just out of curiousity, didn't realize that there was that much power loss at that altitude.
Yes there is that much power loss.

#377205 - 17/09/03 11:40 AM Re: More GOX Pictures
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Yes there is that much power loss.
I found this formula after a brief google search .

power loss (in HP) = ([elevation in feet] x 0.03 x [HP at sea level]) / 1000

So, at 10,000 feet on a normally-aspirated Xterra (~170HP) you're looking at a 51HP (30%) power loss.

The effect is amplified with an automatic transmission, since the torque converter will stay unlocked in 1st gear, generating lots of heat, and if you apply more throttle, all you will succeed in doing is slipping the TC more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal