shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#377206 - 17/09/03 12:41 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
So there you have it..

Also of some interest.. Many of the passes are at or about 12k. So remind me again why someone would want to take a 2wd up there?

Why inconvinence the group you are with because you are not willing to ride with someone who has a 4wd.

Having to worry if the 2wd with your group is going to make it over the bumps on the trails or risk them injuring themselves or the trail due to them needing to go faster just to make it up a trail is not worth it. End of story.

If someone feels the need to do that, do it on your own time. Don't drag a group down with you. And if you are that experiance of a 4wd'er then why in the hell would you not want to have a 4wd with you?? The challenge of 2wd?

Is this world getting so PC that we have to invite EVERYONE to an event even if they are not properly prepaired? (4wd)

[Huh?]

#377207 - 17/09/03 01:32 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
R&R LOPEZ Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs (Security)
OK Let stop all the figthing can't we just get along. 1st thing first "I did not have sexually relations with that woman" NO I'm just kidding I went to GOX for the Fun and excitement and to meet all you I know I wasn't allowed ON THE GROUP RIDE because I only had a 2WD so we decide to do our own trail rides I was able to do three of the trail that were rated Moderate anyway I didn't hold up any group because it was just the three of us (Ivan in the front as my guide man, Me and Jeff as my spotter from the rear) anyway I went to GOX to have fun and meet new people [Wave] and that what I did have fun If it wasn't was my crew [Smoking] (WTXC) I would have not even attempted to go up any of those trails alone. I did park my X when the group went up Pokquessie trail I got alot of pictures of the group that day I know my limitations and know when to park my X [Crybaby] and when I both my X I didn't know about the club or know just how much fun you can have with your X I wasn't into 4 wheeling untill I join WTXC and XOC thank you all for a great time at GOX see you all next year [Wave]

P.S. I'll post the rest of my pics later tonight laugh

FEAR NO ONE
RESPECT ALL

Life is but a Dream, Live it to its fullest!!!

#377208 - 17/09/03 03:55 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

1.-Carlos, It was nice to meet you, glad you made it.
2.-
Quote:
Lighten up dick weed
He called you dick weed... [Laughing]
3.-
Quote:
power loss (in HP) = ([elevation in feet] x 0.03 x [HP at sea level]) / 1000

So, at 10,000 feet on a normally-aspirated Xterra (~170HP) you're looking at a 51HP (30%) power loss.

Thats great XPLORx4, That is Exactly what this board should be aboot, getting information to assist each other,well done.
4.- [Finger] strictly a GP flipping.

#377209 - 17/09/03 09:27 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
R&R LOPEZ Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs (Security)
Here is more fuel for the fire I just added more pictures enjoy

click here
laugh

FEAR NO ONE
RESPECT ALL

Life is but a Dream, Live it to its fullest!!!

#377210 - 18/09/03 12:42 AM Re: More GOX Pictures
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
I just want to add that I think we all sort of blew this thing out of proportion. It was I who originally questioned the presence of a 2WD on a GOX-trail. I mistakenly thought the 2WD was on a "sponsored" GOX run, so I merely asked whether GOX policies were "bent" in this case. Well, it appears that just a small group of buddies, who were there to experience all that GOX is, decided they wanted to check out the beautiful Colorado scenery. Since one guy's truck is paraplegic, he opted for the emergency standby crutch (tow strap).

It appears no harm was done, nobody was inconvenienced, and prior to this discussion, nobody really even cared!

So... again, to all- Sorry I stirred up the pot a little. Those alpine passes in the San Juans are spectacular. I was there last summer. I'm glad you had a great time and had the chance to see them with your own 2 eyes.

However, in the future please do consider riding shotgun in a 4WD. It would have been sucky if your 2WD X couldn't have been strapped (for whatever reason) and you'd have had to turn around.

#377211 - 18/09/03 07:30 AM Re: More GOX Pictures
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.

This one should be called roger not making it up the wall.

#377212 - 18/09/03 07:34 AM Re: More GOX Pictures
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Red X

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#377213 - 18/09/03 07:58 AM Re: More GOX Pictures
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Ivan you know I was not going to let you get bragging rights after you made it... Noticed you followed me down :)Where in that pic does it show I did not make it [Finger]

Still waiting to hear from you ... You want that rotor?

#377214 - 18/09/03 03:34 PM Re: More GOX Pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ivan, I recvd. my hub cap today in the mail, See ya' in MOAB. [Smoking]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal