shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#377359 - 14/08/01 06:47 PM What to call the new attendees at GOX?
bn300 Offline

Loc: Buffalo, MN
Just wondering what we should refer to the new folks as at GOX. Not as silly as it sounds really. Everyone will have the 2 ways/CB's(right?). Say you are in front of me and are in a Solar Yellow with Montana plates. You weren't here last year and I need to get your attention. Should I say "Hey, FNG from Montana, you ever leave Miles City what with the way you drive up here?" or should I say "Move over Flatlander(I'm one), follow a veteren"?
Just wondering.
I lean towards FNG and no one takes offense.
smile

#377360 - 14/08/01 06:54 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
Fletch Offline

Loc: Kearney, MO
Bill, Even though you were at GOX last year, you will always be a FNG in my book. It would be diffrent if you were bringing your wife wink

See you out there buddy!

#377361 - 14/08/01 07:03 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
There are only about 5 people coming who weren't there last year, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

#377362 - 14/08/01 07:37 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
Well dang so it is just me and like 4 other guys that havent been there before. No hazing you old timers even a fng can kick your canes away.

#377363 - 14/08/01 07:53 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
hotairX Offline

Loc: Kansas City, MO
Well this FNG is bringing your a$$ some good beer from the heartland, so you better play nice! laugh

#377364 - 14/08/01 07:53 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
rob in Austin Offline

Loc: the womb of an angry jackal
okay, who's the other three?
wink

#377365 - 14/08/01 08:01 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
livinx Offline

Loc: Derry,NH
I'm a FNG and you had better watch it. I'm coming to GOX fresh off a 200+ mile mt bike ride through the San Juans (from Telluride to Moab). Well maybe not that fresh, depends if I get a shower in first. laugh See you all Mon nite at the KOA.

#377366 - 14/08/01 08:13 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
bn300 Offline

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are only about 5 people coming who weren't there last year, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

You've got to be f'ing kidding.
5 people?
Perhaps those other asswipes with the big talk had better step up and explain their way out of the last 6 months of talk?
Ian, can you please forward me the list as of March 2001?
mad

#377367 - 14/08/01 08:44 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
XOC Offline
Admin

We're down to about 45 Xterras from 90.
Actually, that's cool, less work and hassles.

Of course I do expect a dozen slackers to show up who just "couldn't find the time" in the last 6 months to fill out a few polls.

#377368 - 14/08/01 09:06 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
rob in Austin Offline

Loc: the womb of an angry jackal
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:

Of course I do expect a dozen slackers to show up who just "couldn't find the time" in the last 6 months to fill out a few polls.

Well then...

They'll be the Lame-O's buying us diligent poll-filler-outers a round or two or three...
smile

#377369 - 14/08/01 09:18 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:

You've got to be kidding Ian, no wonder the XOC is starting to get quiet, people that said they're going are now keeping a low profile as to not get dogged about it?

5 seems a bit low, that would mean I only don't know 2 of the other new people that are going because the ones I know are Yellowjacket (Shanna & Accasbel), imacsae (Ivan) and myself, how can that be? It's the biggest event in the Xterra community, I figured this year for at least 75 vehicles, what a shame. Oh well, their loss. I guess that means more beer for the rest of us laugh

#377370 - 14/08/01 09:19 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
bn300 Offline

Fargin corksuckers!
I damn well meet at least 10 new people or... well, I don't know what I will do. It'll probably have something to do with food and beer. You better watch out!

#377371 - 14/08/01 10:25 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
XOC Offline
Admin

I'm not worried about the turnout, I'm worried about people who insisted they're coming, but can't fill out the polls.

Calmini needs to know how many burgers to cook, xterraparts.com needs to know how much chili to cook, the Outlaw needs to know how many steaks to order, I need to know how many stickers to print and manuals to print.

We're all going to be short, or over, and people will get upset.

There's nothing else I can do, I have asked for 6 months, and the list is now final.

If someone is not on it, then they get last pickings at everything.

#377372 - 14/08/01 10:49 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by XterrAZ:
It's the biggest event in the Xterra community, I figured this year for at least 75 vehicles, what a shame.

Why only 2 Xterras from Arizona ?

You guys are closer to Ouray than I am.

#377373 - 14/08/01 11:20 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:

Why only 2 Xterras from Arizona ?

You guys are closer to Ouray than I am.

It's not like I haven't tried. Every meeting, every X'cursion, and 75% of club emails GOX is brought up, talked about, or announced. People just don't have the time I guess. Actually we do have another member that is heading up there for the last weekend, not that it will do him any good since everything will be over with. At least our members didn't say they were going and then back out when it came right down to it. I realize things come up and people have to change their plans (I've had to myself once or twice) but c'mon, half the people that said they were going? I think most people really WANTED to go but when reality of it set in and it got close, things didn't work out as they had hoped, too bad because it's gonna be great!

Check your addition Ian, Aurora to Ouray is 345 miles, Phoenix to Ouray is 565 miles smile

Mike

#377374 - 14/08/01 11:43 PM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by XterrAZ:
Check your addition Ian, Aurora to Ouray is 345 miles, Phoenix to Ouray is 565 miles

Wow, they moved Phoenix laugh

I haven't looked at a map of AZ in quite a while...

#377375 - 15/08/01 12:09 AM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
I think you're right about slackers showing up at the last second.

" :(I didn't get the E-Mail's... or check Yahoo... or visit the Message Board... or pull my head out :("

I wouldn't mind except for the gatherings that the sponsors are throwing.

Oh and I'm the 5th beatle-I mean newbie.

BTW: BN300 I'd like it if you called me an FNG, that way you'd be more humble when I yank your broken a$$ out of a ditch!
wink laugh

19 more days!
I can't wait, the step rails and sway bars come off tomorow in preparation!
19 more days!

-Dustin

Xterra101.com

#377376 - 15/08/01 02:36 AM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
I know I am one of the first timers! I think we should ALL have to wear name tags with our Email names on them! It doesn't matter who is new or old, just about having fun, fourwheeling, beer, and making new friends!

-Rick

#377377 - 15/08/01 06:36 AM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
Shanna Offline

Loc: Chandler, AZ
No offense, Ian, but a lot of people in our club have kids. They may not think it's the best idea to take the kids off-roading for a week, even if the adults would love it. Also, to read some of the threads, it looks like it's going to be more of a party than they may want to expose their kids to!

Only 5 new trucks? If I'm not mistaken, 3 of those are from the AZ club (XterraAZ, Yellowjacket, and imacsae from El Paso)? Oh well, more room for us!?

And as for newbies, all you old farts - I mean repeat attenders - I'm a convert! Last GOX, I was still pouting over the loss of my two-seater, convertible that I'd had for 9 years and trying to get used to driving a truck. I have now seen the light! Although I do plan to eventually get another two-seater for a commute vehicle, now it's not because I don't like driving the truck - it's because the mods are going to force the issue!

Former Member: AZXC

#377378 - 15/08/01 07:41 AM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
Quote:

They better be bringing some good beer...and lot's of it!
EOE...Opening Soon!

#377379 - 15/08/01 07:53 AM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Loc: Carrollton, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Shanna:
No offense, Ian, but a lot of people in our club have kids. They may not think it's the best idea to take the kids off-roading for a week, even if the adults would love it. Also, to read some of the threads, it looks like it's going to be more of a party than they may want to expose their kids to!

Yah, I can't wait to see how many of the people that said they would pull their kids out of school, and other activities to attend GOX, so they didn't care when it was scheduled. Hopefully next year a more family friendly time can be arranged.
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07

#377380 - 15/08/01 08:33 AM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
Fletch Offline

Loc: Kearney, MO
Last year there were two families there with kids. Only one is returning with the family. I am using it as a goal for next year to keep the grades up. The boys had a great time!!! It is a great opportunity to show the kids nature, the mountains, and a family atmosphere that everyone maintained when the kids were near (except Joe). My son and I will have lasting memories of GOX together and more in the coming years.

Can you think of a better education?

[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: Fletch ]

#377381 - 15/08/01 09:17 AM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
blue Offline

Loc: Erie, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
Oh and I'm the 5th beatle-I mean newbie.

Then I suppose that would make me the *Super-Secret* SIXTH beatle....errrr Newbie. eek

#377382 - 15/08/01 09:59 AM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
LizECL Offline

Loc: Lakeville, MN
I suppose you can call me a FNGirl since this will be my first time to GOX! laugh

#377383 - 15/08/01 10:34 AM Re: What to call the new attendees at GOX?
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fletch:
Last year there were two families there with kids. Only one is returning with the family....... It is a great opportunity to show the kids nature, the mountains, and a family atmosphere that everyone maintained when the kids were near (except Joe). My son and I will have lasting memories of GOX together and more in the coming years.

Can you think of a better education?

Amen!!! Our daughter is a 4 year-old Xterra fanatic!!!! Every time I am driving an she spots a X she yells "Xterra! Xterra! Xterra daddy!'. This morning on the way to school she spontaneously said, "I like camping daddy...when are we going camping again!" I told her 8 days after her birthday we are going to be leaving for GOX2. Now she is in a hurry for her birthday to be OVER because... then it will be only 8 more days to GOX2 !! smile laugh smile laugh smile laugh

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal