shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#377451 - 24/01/05 09:55 AM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

AZ Runs are overland. No cushy motels, etc. to stay in...just what you bring - much like the last year's GOX. We're in our 5th year and average about 20 trucks per year, which is fine with me.

This year nearly every truck on the run has at least one end locked up, so we can step it up a notch. Many are geared and many are SAS'd. There are a couple easy days out of the 6, along with some gnarly ones.

To DBAX's point, no one here has shown any interest in a true hardcore run.

GONEMoab is fun. Carlton will do well with this as long as he doesn't get lost laugh It should be better this year when there aren't thousands of other people out there to share the trails with. My only gripe with moab is that theres only limited places you can camp along the trails...otherwise you're stuck staying back in town. I like roughing it a bit more than that.

#377452 - 24/01/05 10:22 AM Re: No more GOX?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Anyone interested in putting their trucks abilities, as well as their own behind the wheel, to the test should sign on for AZRUN-V.
AZ-IV was described to me by someone who went as "The best experience of my life". I'd say that's a pretty strong endorsement!

#377453 - 25/01/05 12:12 PM Re: No more GOX?
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
maybe i have been under a rock for some time but what happened to Ian???

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#377454 - 25/01/05 12:15 PM Re: No more GOX?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by xterra312002:
maybe i have been under a rock for some time but what happened to Ian???

Tim
Ian got tired of running the site and is busy with other things..

I (Carlton) took it over.
That is the short version.

#377455 - 25/01/05 02:46 PM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That really blows.. this was one event I REALLY wanted to attend. sonofa

#377456 - 26/01/05 01:13 AM Re: No more GOX?
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by Administrator:
Ian got tired of running the site and is busy with other things..

I (Carlton) took it over.
That is the short version.
really short version smile

#377457 - 26/01/05 06:10 AM Re: No more GOX?
dhsundance Offline

Loc: San Diego
Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
That really blows.. this was one event I REALLY wanted to attend. sonofa
Well- the waypoints that Ian collected are still on the site. I'm sure that you could find an Xterra owner (or a Jeep owner) who'd like to hit these incredible trails again.

Mile-Hi Jeep Club has a large offroading event in Gunnison, CO from July 23-30 this year that looks like a lot of fun. It appears as though they allow any kind of 4wd vehicle. It ain't cheap though and they limit the number of vehicles attending (pre-registered only).

http://www.mhjc.org/calendar.htm

Dave

#377458 - 26/01/05 09:30 PM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know, I know.. I think what some people don't seem to understand is the fact that it was an Xterra event.

I know I'm the minority with my views, especially in SCCX, but part of my attraction twards the X was the X clubs and events, where proud Xterra owners could relate with other proud Xterra owners.

I guess I'm just saying it wouldn't be quite the same.

Nothing against you at all Dave, you are a kick ass person, and I would gladly go wheeling with you anywhere. I'm just pointing out what some people seem to be missing.

#377459 - 27/02/05 06:52 AM Re: No more GOX?
swampwrecker Offline

Loc: Brunswick, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
I'm sure that gone will be an awesome event, but GOX was the only national Xterra event out there.
Uh, what? The largest national Xterra event is ECXC, has been for a while now. ECXC 2k4 had 53 trucks in the woods last year. This year over 60 people have already signed up and the event was just announced last week. It's called East Coast because that is where it is located, but it is still open to any Xterra owner.

I am sad to see GOX go, and would be willing to do what I can to see it continue on. I know within MAXC there has always been a negative attitude towards GOX, but if I recall properly, our Vice President was there last year, he even left ECXC early to attend! Unfortunately I can't really do much more than give advice in forming events like this, but I'm willing to help the brave sole that steps up and take control.

I've heard lots of people complain about the lack of events out there, but there are very few people out there actually doing anything about it. Instead of complaining about losing GOX, get out there and start a new one. Even if the name has to change, there is no reason GOX's spirit can't live on.

-Michael

#377460 - 27/02/05 07:46 AM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Holy Dead Thread Batman!

As a member of the local club that Ian had, and as a friend of Ian personally, this is a dead subject.

A new thread should be started, and let this sleeping dog lie. Getting these feathers ruffled isn't a pretty sight (and any other applicable metaphores).

#377461 - 28/02/05 08:30 AM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by swampwrecker:
The largest national Xterra event is ECXC, has been for a while now. ECXC 2k4 had 53 trucks in the woods last year. This year over 60 people have already signed up and the event was just announced last week. It's called East Coast because that is where it is located, but it is still open to any Xterra owner.-Michael
This is definately the event to be at! I've been twice now and I'm registered for the third!

Michael does a heck of a job! I can't wait!

As an added bonus, you'll get to meet alot of SOXC members! laugh

#377462 - 28/02/05 02:46 PM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Uh, what? The largest national Xterra event is ECXC, has been for a while now. ECXC 2k4 had 53 trucks in the woods last year.
While I'm sure driving between trees and through mud puddles is fun for you 60-odd people, there's no camparison to driving the slick-rock of MOAB or crossing the Continental Divide at 12k feet+. Your participatory turnouts are obviously due to the fact that there is a higher X ownership population in that area. If wheeling through Jersey was so great, people would refer to it as the "mecca" for 4 wheeling, like MOAB, or the Rockies. Real wheelers I know, have driven from the coast (as you've stated) out to the western events because they know, there is no comparison. smile Sorry, nice try.

#377463 - 28/02/05 04:30 PM Re: No more GOX?
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
while usually I agree with you, this time I must say you are just following what others state about comparing west to east coast trails. what are we supposed to do? not buy an Xterra or Frontier or Jeep or whatever just because we don't live near Moab or many other locations over there? this is a bs topic and you know it. come over here and try Tellico or Uhwarrie or Paragon, or many other places. yes the mountains are vertically challenged but a 10' hill can still roll an X. Florida we have swamps, mud and sand. nothing I can do about it. sign up for ECXC next year or this one. or attend one of the two big SXFC events like next week and i'll invite you as my guest. don't forget the snorkel though laugh

#377464 - 28/02/05 05:15 PM Re: No more GOX?
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Quote:
Originally posted by southernx7:
don't forget the snorkel though laugh
And the bilge pump. Can't forget that! laugh

#377465 - 28/02/05 05:32 PM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
while usually I agree with you
Please consider some type of therapy or psycho-evaluation for your own good wink
Quote:
what are we supposed to do? not buy an Xterra or Frontier or Jeep or whatever just because we don't live near Moab or many other locations over there?
Not at all. To me, it's all about the lifestyle. My truck enables me to enjoy the activities I do, go the places I go [ThumbsUp]
Quote:
this is a bs topic and you know it.
Agreed. smile
Quote:
yes the mountains are vertically challenged but a 10' hill can still roll an X.

Soo true laugh
Quote:
Florida we have swamps, mud and sand.
True, done that too...
Quote:
sign up for ECXC next year or this one. or attend one of the two big SXFC events like next week and i'll invite you as my guest. don't forget the snorkel though
I will be going to GONE, and there's plenty to do here locally. With AZXC alone, I'm out at least once a week.. I will look into the ECXC further (no real disrespect intended (Swampwrecker smile )) and take your offer into consideration smile . I'll have at the gears at least by then, and I've gotten smart enough to generally avoid snorkel necessity eek .

#377466 - 28/02/05 05:35 PM Re: No more GOX?
Southernx7 Offline

i knew you we're just ribbin us Rednecks. wink

#377467 - 28/02/05 06:45 PM Re: No more GOX?
swampwrecker Offline

Loc: Brunswick, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Sorry, nice try.
I think you missed my point. JeffW commented that there were no other National Xterra events. I was pointing out that he was missing the largest one, ECXC.

I'm not trying to compare any events against each other. Re-read my post. I made no comparison between the two events or any other events. That's pointless, since we all have the same objective, they are just in different locales.

I put together an event that people enjoy and attend year after year. Many people have attended all 4 and are signed up for the 5th. I live on the east coast so that is where the event is. PA offers the best 4wheeling that our trucks can handle on the East Coast. 4wheeling comes in all flavors. We wheel the terrain available to us. It's not my fault that Moab isn't in PA.

To insult an event because it isn't held at Moab or in the Rockies is pretty immature. So are you saying the Jeep Jamboree held in the New Jersey Pine Barrens or at Paragon AP in PA aren't true Jeep Jamborees because they aren't in Moab? I think there are a lot of Jeepers that would disagree. There are a lot more Jeep Jamborees outside of Moab than in Moab.

Besides, you've never attended ECXC, so you have no basis for comparison. If you are up for the challenge, sign-up and come out.

-Michael

#377468 - 28/02/05 06:50 PM Re: No more GOX?
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Quote:
I will be going to GONE, and there's plenty to do here locally. With AZXC alone, I'm out at least once a week.. I will look into the ECXC further (no real disrespect intended (Swampwrecker )) and take your offer into consideration . I'll have at the gears at least by then, and I've gotten smart enough to generally avoid snorkel necessity .
Dbax,
You should try some east coast trails (if you havent already) ECXC offers some of the best wheeling on the east coast. Totally different from the Slick rock of Moab. GoneMoab last year was great and I wish my clutch would have permitted me to run more trails.
It was weird offroading and actually having traction. laugh
We're not used to traction while rock crawling on the east coast.

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#377469 - 28/02/05 06:59 PM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I made no comparison between the two events or any other events. That's pointless, since we all have the same objective, they are just in different locales.
[ThumbsUp]
Quote:
4wheeling comes in all flavors. We wheel the terrain available to us.
It's what we've got to do smile
Quote:
It's not my fault that Moab isn't in PA.
Meh :rolleyes: don't sweat it..

Quote:
To insult an event because it isn't held at Moab or in the Rockies is pretty immature.
Quote:
I will look into the ECXC further (no real disrespect intended (Swampwrecker smile ))
Said it and I meant it smile .

For me it's easy, Arizona has a neverending array of offroad recreational challenges. Just like you said, all the flavors you like laugh The bitch is, there're Utah and Colorado due north, and the California coast just hours away. While I agree the Eastern United States are beautiful country, and something to be proud of, there's nothing like wheeling in the great West. Hoo-Ah!

[Smoking]

Edit to add-
Quote:
I think you missed my point. JeffW commented
JeffW's a dork [Geek] .

#377470 - 28/02/05 07:00 PM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Ken [Wave]
I will, I will.
smile

#377471 - 28/02/05 07:19 PM Re: No more GOX?
01SalsaXterra Offline

Hey Dan. [Wave]
How's Shoki?

I got "IT" from ebay.

#377472 - 28/02/05 07:28 PM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Doing great, he's "blowing his coat" right now. It's a ceaseless fight against the evil of hairballs..

#377473 - 28/02/05 07:52 PM Re: No more GOX?
01SalsaXterra Offline

Haha kool. He's such an awesome dog. [ThumbsUp] I hope you have black carpets at your place. Thats gotta suck to clean up. My little terrors are doing well, (Soco and Jack Daniels).

I think we're a wee bit off-topic.. LOL

I got "IT" from ebay.

#377474 - 28/02/05 08:01 PM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Black Carpet? [LOL]
[Huh?] No.
I don't know if you can tell, but the Vacuum is stuffed full with just hatir from between 3:30 and 7:30 today. One shedding season (which they do twice a year eek ) I stuffed nine (9) brown paper bags with hair from that dog.

#377475 - 28/02/05 08:02 PM Re: No more GOX?
Southernx7 Offline

Dan. give us about 2 weeks so you can see us u-boat commanders in action as our 7 day Spring Rally kicks off next monday at Osceola National Forest here in Florida. Myself, i don't do to well on off-camber situations, i'm getting better though. to use to the flat lands down here. hope to see some of you guys out here someday, really look into Paragon, Tellico or Uhwarrie and read up on the trails there.
[Wave]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal