shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#377476 - 28/02/05 08:07 PM Re: No more GOX?
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Quote:
I don't know if you can tell, but the Vacuum is stuffed full with just hatir from between 3:30 and 7:30 today. One shedding season (which they do twice a year ) I stuffed nine (9) brown paper bags with hair from that dog.
That sux!! eek
You can always shave him. laugh He'd probably lose like 20lbs easily too just from the fur. laugh

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#377477 - 28/02/05 08:13 PM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

They say 2 of 5 "double-coated" dogs coats won't grow back in properly if you shave them [Uh Oh !] . I looked into it as, well, as having an Akita in Arizona could be misconstrued as some type of animal cruelty [Too much XOC] I just keep him happy by getting into the mountains as often as possible. To stay on topic, there are mountains upwards of 12k here, and with all the rain as of late, the terrain is constantly changing. See my pics in AZXC from last weekend smile . Headed to Sedona this weekend for some more of that slick rock too laugh

Get lots of Video of that Spring Rally too! Wanna' see that for sure! smile

#377478 - 06/03/05 07:29 PM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
......JeffW's a dork [Geek] .
Is that so wrong? [Crybaby]

[Finger]

#377479 - 07/03/05 11:55 AM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
AZ-IV was described to me by someone who went as "The best experience of my life". I'd say that's a pretty strong endorsement!
that was ME!!! [Wave] although that comment did come from a pathfinder owner :p

I have always been curious about GOX and really admired it's last style which was similar to the AZ runs. I have no words to describe the way the AZ run had effected me other than I literaly plan my year around it. (ONLY 5 days and we are GONE!) The mexico donation trip was a very very very close second.

#377480 - 07/03/05 01:18 PM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Administrator:
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
[b][QUOTE]I don't think Ian wants to keep the trademark for himself; it's pretty useless without the club, anyway. We can ask him.

I guess I don't understand why you are trying to "protect" the GOX name. You're not, you're killing it. As far as I'm concerned, Ian invented the event as a long-term club event, not some proprietary trademark he would hold onto long after he left. If that were his intention, why didn't he just delete the GOX forum before he left? While we're on the subject of trademarks, Ian has the trademark for XOC, too. Should we change it's name, too?

Ian gave me ownership of all the XOC GOX etc stuff, trademarks artwork bla bla bla.

Since I can not (at this time) set aside the time to try to put on GOX I do not want it to be directly associated with XOC. Thus I do not want the name used. Nissan has direct referances to it on their website and if I can not set the time to do it as Ian and myself would like it, it aint happening.

If the RMXC wants to have some event in Colorado then have at it. Nothing is stopping you from hosting one.[/b]
Just to throw some kinling into a burned down fire...

a quick search of the US Patent & Trademark Office shows no references to "GOX", "Gathering of Xterras". It's not trademarked...

Ok. Discuss:

#377481 - 07/03/05 01:37 PM Re: No more GOX?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
You don't own an Xterra yet you spend alot of time here on the Xterra board..

OK. Discuss.

It does not have to be registered with the trademark office to be protected.

#377482 - 08/03/05 05:11 AM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think porsche's posts are just more controversial...he only has 450 posts.. heck I have more posts and I don't own an Xterra laugh

#377483 - 08/03/05 05:58 AM Re: No more GOX?
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Get lots of Video of that Spring Rally too! Wanna' see that for sure! smile
Ken's already left for Rally. I'm leaving today. If there is one thing we always end up with, it is tons of video.

Myself, I'm looking forward to my first real 4x4 trip. laugh

Plenty of pics to follow, I'm sure.

Re: the dog. I thought we were busy chasing fur around the house with one dog and three cats. I think our central vacuum system would have been toast by now if we had your dog. laugh

#377484 - 08/03/05 06:25 AM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
It does not have to be registered with the trademark office to be protected.
Yes, and no. It would be protected in Colorado, since that's where it's been used before, if it's an unregistered trademark. However, technically, it could be used in all other 49 states, by anyone that wants to use it, without any permission from the XOC, or you.

http://profs.lp.findlaw.com/patents/patents_2.html

I'm just suggesting you register the trademark, before some joker comes along in a few years, realizes it's not registered, and nabs it up. Hell, I'll even donate to help pay for the registration, if you'd like.

Really, I'm not a completely bad person...

(BTW, I hang out on this site, because I have a Frontier, and the D22 Chasis frontier and WD22 chasis Xterra are virtually the same, except for the body parts. I also would like to buy a WD22 Xterra in the future, when I can convince the woman to drive one... She won't right now; she wants a 350z. If it's a problem for you, to have me around, then just say so, ban me, and get it over with. Otherwise, just quit your bitching...)

#377485 - 15/10/06 08:12 PM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
I think something will rise.
Like what?

#377486 - 16/10/06 03:40 AM Re: No more GOX?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
[b]I think something will rise.
Like what?[/b]
[LOL] [Spit] [LOL] .... [drink]

#377487 - 22/10/06 03:02 PM Re: No more GOX?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Since we're bringing up dead topics...

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
[qb]It does not have to be registered with the trademark office to be protected.
Yes, and no. It would be protected in Colorado, since that's where it's been used before, if it's an unregistered trademark. However, technically, it could be used in all other 49 states, by anyone that wants to use it, without any permission from the XOC, or you.

http://profs.lp.findlaw.com/patents/patents_2.html
That article is not correct. A registered trademark is protected nationwide, not just geographically. The Lanham Act provides nationwide protection. Unregistered marks are protected, too. The only difference is that Ian/Carlton could not bring a lawsuit up without registration. (So in effect, yes someone *could* use it without permission.) The fact that it has been used for the actual event would preclude someone else from trying to snag it on their own.

*however* - with GOX not happening, one could argue abandonment of the trademark.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#377488 - 08/11/06 07:35 PM Re: No more GOX?
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
OK, I'll run GOOX.

Great Outing Of Xterras.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal