shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#377796 - 15/08/04 07:34 AM Re: Another accident in Ouray
Anonymous
Unregistered

From the looks of that Jeep, I'd want to have taken my chances being ejected. I'd rather be bashed and broken (possibly dying as well) that have an A-Pillar shoved through my brain pan.

Just my personal opinion.

#377797 - 15/08/04 08:39 AM Re: Another accident in Ouray
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ouch. Ouch, that's all I can say. Those poor people. That's the one that the kids survived though?? Sitting in the back they probably flew out right at the start of the roll....

#377798 - 16/08/04 07:49 AM Re: Another accident in Ouray
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by DesertHB:

The auto manufactures need to do a better job at educating customers how to use their vehicles. Jeep and Land Rover are about the only companies that do anything even resembling off road education. More often than not, the sales rep that hands the keys to the new owner doesn’t even know how to use 4WD.

-Doug
Sorry...gotta disagree. Nissan should not be responsible for my or your actions on or off-road. ANYONE who really wants to learn how to off road can take a course. Look at it this way...if I buy a set of skis and ski off a cliff at Telluride, is Rossignol responsible? Should the salesman at the ski shop have required me to pass a skiing course before selling me the skis?

Anything you participate in could potentially be risky. It is up to you to educate yourself or seek out instruction. It is not the manufacturers responsibility.

#377799 - 16/08/04 09:02 AM Re: Another accident in Ouray
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Well, that is the shelf road section of Imogene, the only "real" shelf road section on the Ouray side. I wonder how a Subaru made it up that far.

#377800 - 16/08/04 11:58 AM Re: Another accident in Ouray
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow...don't think a belt would have helped in that one. What a ride that'd be.

#377801 - 17/09/04 10:08 AM Re: Another accident in Ouray
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Steel_City_X:
I too saw this article and realized that it is too easy for people to take their SUV out into the backcountry.

Based on the driving that we saw on Taylor Pass, both the idiots on the Cherokee and the Toyota and the Exploder that should not have been on the road, I feel that there will be more.

Either a BIG public education is neded, or some trails could be restricted.

Todd
Just a thought::

I think restrictions only promote further accidents, because people loose common sense and ability to make their own decisions.

Take Mexico - for example - there is noone there to enforce strict safety rules, as you would see in So. Cal.... yet how many more accidents do you see happen there? The reason - people are more alert and cautious... as they should be.

Public education - in the form of broadcasting accidednts - is a better remedy. People need to be more alert. :p

#377802 - 17/09/04 01:26 PM Re: Another accident in Ouray
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex-Da-Snowman:
Quote:
Originally posted by Steel_City_X:
[b]I too saw this article and realized that it is too easy for people to take their SUV out into the backcountry.

Based on the driving that we saw on Taylor Pass, both the idiots on the Cherokee and the Toyota and the Exploder that should not have been on the road, I feel that there will be more.

Either a BIG public education is neded, or some trails could be restricted.

Todd
Just a thought::

I think restrictions only promote further accidents, because people loose common sense and ability to make their own decisions.

Take Mexico - for example - there is noone there to enforce strict safety rules, as you would see in So. Cal.... yet how many more accidents do you see happen there? The reason - people are more alert and cautious... as they should be.

Public education - in the form of broadcasting accidednts - is a better remedy. People need to be more alert. :p [/b]
Totally.. why do you think they play Red Asfault when you are in drivers school? I think they should loop that on a public access channel laugh

#377803 - 24/09/04 07:47 PM Re: Another accident in Ouray
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got my x last week and have never been 4x4. First things first, train yourself. If you don't, that's just plain stupid. For those people who think their SUV can do it all, ( the stupid people ), on public trails lets hope there are unpassable obstacles at the trailhead to test their mettle. If you can't do it, don't try.
Years ago I competed in eventing and the cross country phase was a true test. The course designers would put some challenging obstacles at the start of the course. If you and your horse couldn't hack it, you're out. Of course there were your occasional "Roll-overs". We didn't have the luxury of seatbelts. Keep your brain safe man.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal