2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#378198 - 15/11/07 05:12 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

With Ricky Williams being reinstated into the NFL, I really hope Miami decides to play him... I'd love to pick him up as a RB for my fantasy team... with Ronnie Brown getting hurt, and LT sucking nuts this year, I have no one at RB.

#378199 - 18/11/07 07:40 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
I wish the Colts had all their players. Oh well, maybe they'll have them in the postseason when they meet for the real Superbowl. Welker is a stud and Belichick is a classless pussy. Still, I'm all for someone running the table so we don't have to hear about it from those Dolphin losers.
New England might as well start celebrating now. There is no way the Colts are going to be able to get past them.

They've now lost Freeney for the season. Harrison may be done for good (rumors are that his injury is permanent).

Over 10 starters injured. That ain't gonna get them past New England.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#378200 - 18/11/07 10:24 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
I don't think it matters.

New England is a juggernaut that of which I have never seen in the 25 years I've been keeping up with the NFL. With the exception of the Indy game, they have thoroughly dominated in every facet of the game.

And even the Indy game lent only false hopes to other teams in the league. Once the Pats "turned it on" in the last 10 minutes, they steamrolled right down the field and got touchdowns.

Jesus Christ. eek

#378201 - 19/11/07 03:02 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:
I don't think it matters.

New England is a juggernaut that of which I have never seen in the 25 years I've been keeping up with the NFL. With the exception of the Indy game, they have thoroughly dominated in every facet of the game.

And even the Indy game lent only false hopes to other teams in the league. Once the Pats "turned it on" in the last 10 minutes, they steamrolled right down the field and got touchdowns.

Jesus Christ. eek
Except for Indy and Dallas, they have had shit for opponents. Their division is laughable.

The fact that Indy was able to keep up with them, with that many people out with injuries, says a lot.

New England's opponents - .4777 winning record. Take Dallas and Indy out of the mix - .371. THAT is laughable.

Indy's opponents - .561. Take New England out - .511. With the injuries they've incurred? I'd say that's pretty impressive.

I'm not saying New England isn't all that. I'm just saying I don't think they are the second coming everyone else seems to think they are.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#378202 - 19/11/07 06:09 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Agreed, but they're definitely no South Florida.

I think the Indy game did it for me (in terms of actually buying into the Pats actually being able to run the table). They were in the house of the enemy, the arguably (at the time) best team in the league, down 10 to the defending SB champs, with a little less than ten minutes to go. Indy had ALL the momentum at that time. New England scores, almost create a turnover, make them punt, and score again. Then they make Manning cough up the ball, game over.

To me, that will be the defining moment of both teams respective seasons. Granted, Indy has been hugely beset by injuries (especially since that game), but that's the breaks. It seems since then that Indy has had the soul sucked out of their team, while the Patriots continue to play pattycake with the opposition.

Things could always change, of course. But right now, it seems to me that the Pats are Tiger Woods circa 2000, and everybody else is just that. Everybody else.

#378203 - 19/11/07 10:10 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who has Tom Brady faced with a legitimate sacking defense that puts pressure on him every play??
I would say if they blow out Pittsburgh, then yes, no stoppin them.... and after the Steelers dismal play against the Jets... it isn't lookin good. frown

#378204 - 19/11/07 08:24 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Well, it doesn't look like Mario Williams is going to be a bust afterall. Vince Young is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league and Reggie Bush is an average runningback that can catch good. In hindsight, there were a lot better players than those three and thankfully the Texans got one of them in the 2nd round. laugh

For those of you wondering why I'm bringing up a draft from 2 years ago... try listening to Houston Sports Radio. :rolleyes:

#378205 - 20/11/07 08:01 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Vince Young sucks. I watched him last night, OMG he cannot throw. What is it side-armed?

He should ask McNabb where he will be in five years once he can no longer run to escape the pocket. Maybe he will get a $100 million contract like McNabb for winning, what.....oh nothing!!

Bottom line running QB's (other that Steve Young - who could stil THROW the ball), have ever won the Superbowl. It is pocket passers.

That Reggie Bush is working out also. :rolleyes:

S.

#378206 - 20/11/07 02:34 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
That Mario Williams pick is looking better and better by the game... laugh

If only the Texans had a better O-line...

#378207 - 26/11/07 07:32 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
CNN is reporting that Redskins' S Sean Taylor has been critically wounded in a shooting at his home in Miami. Apparently the bullet struck his femoral artery and he's in surgery at a local hospital. Here's a link but this story doesn't contain details just given on the air.

Taylor Shot

#378208 - 26/11/07 02:15 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Hi. Just wanted to chime in to say that the Jaguars are in 5th place overall in the NFL and I still cannot believe it. I hope we beat the Colts on Sunday! We always tend to do better in their stadium anyway. Weird, but true.

#378209 - 26/11/07 02:26 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
Hi. Just wanted to chime in to say that the Jaguars are in 5th place overall in the NFL and I still cannot believe it. I hope we beat the Colts on Sunday! We always tend to do better in their stadium anyway. Weird, but true.
Without most of their key players (and ESPECIALLY Freeney), it won't be hard to beat the Colts at all.

They are done, unfortunately. Will be in the playoffs, yes...but not much else.

#378210 - 27/11/07 05:39 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Wow, and my team (Saints) spanked the Jags a couple of weeks ago. laugh

#378211 - 27/11/07 12:12 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
MidnightX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
Quote:
[b]Hi. Just wanted to chime in to say that the Jaguars are in 5th place overall in the NFL and I still cannot believe it. I hope we beat the Colts on Sunday! We always tend to do better in their stadium anyway. Weird, but true.
Wow, and my team (Saints) spanked the Jags a couple of weeks ago. laugh [/b]
Well we should all get spanked every once in a while. wink

#378212 - 09/12/07 08:23 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Anthony Smith....Shhhhhhhhh! [Finger]

#378213 - 10/12/07 12:34 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Another sack by Mario Williams. [ThumbsUp] Super Mario is developing into a stud. I heard an interesting stat on the radio about Vince Young. If his current pace keeps up, it will take him 4 more years to throw as many touchdown passes as Tom Brady has this year. eek Oh yeah, Reggie Bush hasn't had a 100yd game this year and is now out with an injury.

#378214 - 10/12/07 02:33 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
MidnightX Offline

Fred Taylor had over 100 yards yesterday and I was there to help chant "FREDDIE! FREDDIE!" at the game. He's the bomb. I love him. And he was a Gator. Can life get any better? wink

#378215 - 10/12/07 03:39 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Fred Taylor had over 100 yards yesterday and I was there to help chant "FREDDIE! FREDDIE!" at the game. He's the bomb. I love him. And he was a Gator. Can life get any better? wink
Yes. I could have started Fred on my fantasy team instead of getting Hines Ward's measly 3.9 points.

mad

#378216 - 11/12/07 06:00 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Sorry... no 100yd game this week
laugh

#378217 - 11/12/07 06:27 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Quote:
I heard an interesting stat on the radio about Vince Young. If his current pace keeps up, it will take him 4 more years to throw as many touchdown passes as Tom Brady has this year. eek
Even scarier about Brady, he's thrown 14 more touchdown passes than the rest of the AFC East this year. Combined.

Granted, the rest of the division is borderline or teams that stink to high hell, but cripes, what a run he's having.

He has one more than Brett Favre and Drew Brees put together, and exactly the same amount as the brothers Manning have between the two of them. Combine that with the fact that he balances that to just five picks on his ledger (the same amount that Tony Romo threw in one game against Buffalo), and it's just filthy. 9-1 TD to INT ratio? Incredible.

#378218 - 11/12/07 06:29 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Quote:
Too bad he had all the injuries over his career. I've always liked his style of play, and he would have been a surefire Hall of Famer had he not suffered all those setbacks.

As it stands, he's borderline. Probably will get in when it's all said and done, but not first ballot.

And oh yeah, fuck Florida. [Finger]

#378219 - 11/12/07 08:40 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:
Quote:
[b]I heard an interesting stat on the radio about Vince Young. If his current pace keeps up, it will take him 4 more years to throw as many touchdown passes as Tom Brady has this year. eek
Even scarier about Brady, he's thrown 14 more touchdown passes than the rest of the AFC East this year. Combined.

Granted, the rest of the division is borderline or teams that stink to high hell, but cripes, what a run he's having.

He has one more than Brett Favre and Drew Brees put together, and exactly the same amount as the brothers Manning have between the two of them. Combine that with the fact that he balances that to just five picks on his ledger (the same amount that Tony Romo threw in one game against Buffalo), and it's just filthy. 9-1 TD to INT ratio? Incredible.[/b]
I think I could have close to that many if I had a coach that cheats, and a WR like Moss, with all you have to do is throw the ball up in the air and he comes down with it

#378220 - 11/12/07 09:11 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
I think I could have close to that many if I had a coach that cheats, and a WR like Moss, with all you have to do is throw the ball up in the air and he comes down with it
:rolleyes:

Steelers fan, I assume? Didn't they just cut your ass?

#378221 - 11/12/07 11:01 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steelers fan yes... and yes, they did beat us, just like every other team in the league.

I hated the Patriots and all their hype long before though. I was just saying Brady has so many options of who to go to, of course he's going to dominate at passing.....

#378222 - 11/12/07 11:17 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

This is the first year that he's really had actual options. I couldn't name one receiver off the top of my head that he had before this year. Now, they have my favorite receiver:

laugh

BTW, New England ran the ball 9 times and threw the ball 46 times. Must be a gimicky offense. :rolleyes:

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal