2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#378273 - 20/01/08 03:10 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Pats win 21 - 12.. [Wave]

#378274 - 20/01/08 06:38 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
This weekend....

New England over San Diego

Packers over Giants

Both teams cover the spread.
So far...New England failed to cover the spread. Looks like Green Bay might fail to cover their spread, too.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#378275 - 20/01/08 07:08 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Pretty good game to see who's going to get pummelled in the Super Bowl.

#378276 - 20/01/08 07:26 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good game? Neither team wanted to win...oh and Lawrence Tynes is shit, so glad the Chiefs got rid of him laugh

#378277 - 21/01/08 12:25 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

it' quite fitting that NY has a second chance to end the perfect season...Good luck NYG fans.

#378278 - 21/01/08 04:38 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Brett's a gunslinger. He's just having fun out there, playing the game the way it's meant to be played.

(Just thought I'd supply the usual announcer drivel delivered after a critical Favre interception.)

#378279 - 21/01/08 01:13 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Quote:
[b]This weekend....

New England over San Diego

Packers over Giants

Both teams cover the spread.
So far...New England failed to cover the spread. Looks like Green Bay might fail to cover their spread, too.[/b]
Yes... more proof that sports gambling is dangerous. eek

The Patriots have been 1-6 against the spread in their last seven games. I thought they would easily cover it against the Chargers. New England's offense wasn't at their best yesterday.

The Giants game was a surprise. They definitely have heart. After the two missed field goal attempts and the Packers winning the coin toss in overtime, I thought they were finished.

It's going to be a really good Superbowl this year.

#378280 - 21/01/08 08:51 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
My prediction? New England is going to blow their ass out, 41-17.

Can't accuse me of getting on this train late. I've been saying they're going to run the table since the Indy game. laugh

Speaking of Indy, good to see Tony Dungy stick around. One of the truly class acts of the game.

#378281 - 21/01/08 09:02 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't be so easy to estimate a blowout like that. Something tells me that this perfect season is finally gonna hit a stress peak at the Super Bowl. I hate the Giants, but I hate the Pats more. Go GIANTS!!

JordanC

#378282 - 22/01/08 06:38 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

The Super Bowl just happened... it was the AFC Championship game. The "other" Super Bowl is going to blow. Green Bay was the only team that I could see giving the Pats trouble. As it is, I see Pats winning 35-10. (unless Brady is really more hurt than we know)

#378283 - 22/01/08 05:05 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:
My prediction? New England is going to blow their ass out, 41-17....
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
...I see Pats winning 35-10...
I guess we'll see. How much did the Pats beat the Giants by last game? The 14 point spread (Patriot advantage) is going to be hard to come up with against the Giants. I think the Patriots have a clear advantage, but not an overwhelming one.

Go Giants!

#378284 - 24/01/08 07:53 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
RI Xterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:
[b]My prediction? New England is going to blow their ass out, 41-17....
Quote:
...I see Pats winning 35-10...
I guess we'll see. How much did the Pats beat the Giants by last game? The 14 point spread (Patriot advantage) is going to be hard to come up with against the Giants. I think the Patriots have a clear advantage, but not an overwhelming one.

Go Giants!

[/b]
Best of luck to ya.. wink

#378285 - 24/01/08 09:00 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Wow, who knew Eddie Murphy could tell the future of professional football contests?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IP-f7XbCtRY

laugh

#378286 - 24/01/08 02:20 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
RI Xterra Offline

[Spit]

#378287 - 01/02/08 03:33 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NY Madman Offline

I'm shocked that no one has posted any Superbowl predictions.

The Patriots beat the Giants by only 3 points in their last game (It was also the most watched regular season game in 12 years).

I hope Plaxico Burress is in good shape on Sunday.

I also hope the Giants defense does something to hurt Brady early on. Sorry Pats fans... but, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. smile

I'm calling it..........

Giants win by at least 3.

#378288 - 01/02/08 04:03 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Patriots 31
Giants 14

#378289 - 01/02/08 05:41 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Patriots 42
Giants 10

[Sleep]

#378290 - 01/02/08 08:50 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Patriots 42
Giants 10

[Sleep]
What??? eek [Freak]

32 points over the Giants. [Huh?]

You're killing me Nismo.

I can understand the New England guys like BigE being very optimistic... but 32 points? [Freak]

It's not going to happen. If you haven't bet yet, take the Giants. The Pats aren't going to cover the spread. That's even if they win.

Which I'm calling... they won't.

#378291 - 01/02/08 09:36 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

This isn't the regular season. Time for the Patriots to kick it into another gear that no one else has while the Giants play scared. BTW, Welker scores 2 touchdowns. laugh

#378292 - 01/02/08 09:48 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Giants 28
Patriots 24

#378293 - 02/02/08 07:47 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Patriots 42
Giants 10

[Sleep]
What??? eek [Freak]

32 points over the Giants. [Huh?]

You're killing me Nismo.

I can understand the New England guys like BigE being very optimistic... but 32 points? [Freak]

It's not going to happen. If you haven't bet yet, take the Giants. The Pats aren't going to cover the spread. That's even if they win.

Which I'm calling... they won't.[/b]
Sorry Madman, but Eli Manning is done, he can't play well consistently and he's used up his "good games in a row" powers and he's going to show us the real Eli Manning again, Giants lose, 35-24

#378294 - 02/02/08 01:09 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

lessee.... the 6 games they played against the east were... Jets, Miami and Buffalo - three true football powerhouses with a combined record of 12 and 36... tough to win that div.

Pittsburgh hasn't been the same since Rothlessburger gave blacktop body surfing a try. NE beat Washington early in the year but they in a tailspin until Taylor's death prompted a strong finish. Cleveland and Cincy are mediocre teams. 3 picks in the last game against SD...

Giants playing scared? Might want to review the Tampa, Dallas and Green Bay games on NFL's Replay... they've played better each game and our D plays its best in the 4th quarter.

Final score:

NY football GIANTS 35 - NE Cheatriots 28 ... winning TD comes on an INT late in the 4th quarter by Ross who takes it to the house on a 76 yard run back.

GO BIG BLUE!

#378295 - 02/02/08 04:57 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by gfd_2:
lessee.... the 6 games they played against the east were... Jets, Miami and Buffalo - three true football powerhouses with a combined record of 12 and 36... tough to win that div.

You can't blame the Patriots for their Division they don't tell those teams who and how to play. Plus the Giants didn't even win their Division.

Oh, and the Giants played those 3 teams this year as well. So lets compare how the 2 teams did against those weak, pathetic teams.
The Giants beat those teams by an average of 10.3 points per game. The largest margin of voctory was 17.
Patriots won by 25.7 points per game. They won 5 by 21 or more points...

Quote:
Pittsburgh hasn't been the same since Rothlessburger gave blacktop body surfing a try. NE beat Washington early in the year but they in a tailspin until Taylor's death prompted a strong finish. Cleveland and Cincy are mediocre teams. 3 picks in the last game against SD...

they've played better each game and our D plays its best in the 4th quarter.

Really? You want to compare teams the Pats and Giants Played?
The Giants played 8 games against teams that were at or under 500:
Atlanta, Philly (twice, and barely won the second time), San Fran, the Jets, lowly Miami (whom they barely beat by a field goal), Buffalo (yep, those same 3 teams in the AFC East)Minnesota (who creamed the Giants), Chicago (who the Giants barely beat).

Oh, the Patriots blew out Washington early in the Year? I didn't realize week 8 was early in the season, I thought that was is Mid-season, not early, but the Giants beat Washington in week 3 by only 7 points. Much less than the 45 point victory the Pats had.

Oh, and the Giants D plays it's best in the 4th quarter?

That's why the Pats scored 15 in the 4th off of them in week 17.

And that's why the Giants had to go for an Onside kick in order to have a hope of kicking for the tie. :rolleyes:

And let's not forget the Pats were trying to let Moss tie and break Rice's old mark - and everyone knew it. Yet, the Giants still couldn't stop Moss, even though they knew the ball was going to him.

Cleveland just missed the Playoffs and the Steelers won the AFC North, so they aren't as bad as you claim (10-6 for Both). Cincy had a much better record than Miami, and Miami never had a chance against the Pats and barely lost to the Giants.
Quote:

Final score:

NY football GIANTS 35 - NE Cheatriots 28 ... winning TD comes on an INT late in the 4th quarter by Ross who takes it to the house on a 76 yard run back.
Ok, Nostradamus, if you are so good at predictions, why haven't you put Vegas out of Buisiness yet?
Cheatriots?
they broke a rule about where they could film from - so everyone who breaks a rule is cheating?

There is a rule against excessive celebration - does that make TO and Chad Johnson cheaters now too, since they've broken that rule many times?

Cheatriots? I guess you missed Goodell's press conference concerning Specter's inquiries:
Quote:
Goodell said that the evidence - tapes and notes - he had collected from the Patriots backed up what the team had told him about their activities in attempting to decipher the play-calling signals of their opponents.

He also noted that such attempts are common in the NFL, as they are in baseball.

"I'm not sure there isn't a coach in the league who doesn't expect their signals are being intercepted in some way by other teams," Goodell said.

"I think it was coach (Bill) Parcells who said any coach who doesn't expect his signals to be stolen is stupid."
Cheatriots vs. Gi-cheat-ants

Why Gi-Cheat-ants?
Well, it's safe to assume that Belicheck didn't start taping this year, and Belicheck probably did this with his former teams, and since he was the D-coordinator for Parcells when the Giants beat Buffalo...
And why would Parcells say that "any coach who doesn't expect his signals to be stolen is stupid," if he wasn't trying to steal signals himself?
So Belichek must have learned from the Master...
Do you want to keep it up and continue to go there, cause you might not like people tossing the "tainted" word around the Giants SB win over Buffalo, now would you?

Patriots win, Giants cover the spread.

#378296 - 03/02/08 06:14 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
I'm disappointed, I figured I'd check in here to see how much shit talking is going on now that it is 10-7, haha. Good luck!

#378297 - 03/02/08 06:44 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hell, I've been right so far.

Eli has thrown an INT, fumbled, dropped a hand off, and thrown a stupid pass that should have been intercepted.

And the Giants' D is putting TONS of pressure on Tommy boy and it's showing.

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal