shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#378298 - 03/02/08 07:10 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Giants have shocked the world.

17-14, G-Men. No soup for Brady.

Shows what I know..

#378299 - 03/02/08 07:11 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
It's okay, Tom's going home to fuck Gissle. I'd take that over the Super Bowl anyday! :p
Congrats Giants!

#378300 - 03/02/08 07:19 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Congrats Giants fans! I wish it was the Jaguars but it's good to see the underdog pull through!

#378301 - 03/02/08 07:41 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockaholic:

Cheatriots?
they broke a rule about [b]where they could film from
- so everyone who breaks a rule is cheating?

There is a rule against excessive celebration - does that make TO and Chad Johnson cheaters now too, since they've broken that rule many times?
[/b]
You're comparing two different types of rules. Excessive celebrations gets a flag. I don't think they have officials following around personnel with cameras in the stadium to throw a flag.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#378302 - 03/02/08 07:41 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Sorry Madman, but Eli Manning is done, he can't play well consistently and he's used up his "good games in a row" powers and he's going to show us the real Eli Manning again, Giants lose, 35-24[/QB]
THREE LETTERS

MVP
EOE...Opening Soon!

#378303 - 03/02/08 07:43 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
FSRBIKER Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
It's okay, Tom's going home to fuck Gissle. I'd take that over the Super Bowl anyday! :p
Congrats Giants!
If he had won it probably would have been Gisele and some of her Victoria Secret friends.

CONGRATS BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!
EOE...Opening Soon!

#378304 - 03/02/08 08:00 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Man, I'm glad I was wrong. Instead of [Sleep] , I was [drink] . And despite losing, Welker still lead all receivers. laugh

Side note and not the appropriate thread, but one thing you won't be hearing is that the Giants don't deserve it. That is one excuse the pro-BCSers like to say about situations like this. :rolleyes:

#378305 - 03/02/08 08:06 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Man, I'm glad I was wrong. Instead of [Sleep] , I was [drink] . And despite losing, Welker still lead all receivers. laugh

Side note and not the appropriate thread, but one thing you won't be hearing is that the Giants don't deserve it. That is one excuse the pro-BCSers like to say about situations like this. :rolleyes:
Who, aside from the BCS, is pro-BCS? The Giants deserved the win, for sure.

#378306 - 03/02/08 08:08 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by FSRBIKER:
Quote:
Sorry Madman, but Eli Manning is done, he can't play well consistently and he's used up his "good games in a row" powers and he's going to show us the real Eli Manning again, Giants lose, 35-24
THREE LETTERS

MVP
Three words for you...
Biggest
Joke
Ever.

If you think Eli deserved the MVP then you didn't watch the game, and clearly no one else did either.

#378307 - 03/02/08 08:14 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Ruttiger Offline

Loc: NJ
well then who did??!?!?

from the NYG superbowl championshiop team that is?

GO BLUE!!!!!!!

#378308 - 03/02/08 08:16 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Who, aside from the BCS, is pro-BCS? The Giants deserved the win, for sure.
Many coaches and chancellors. Other than that, just visit college team message boards. They're aren't very many since they are in the vast minority, but they're there. Every school has them. frown

#378309 - 03/02/08 08:17 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
If you think Eli deserved the MVP then you didn't watch the game, and clearly no one else did either.
As much as I hate it, you can't give it to Welker since they lost and you can't give it to the whole entire Giants defense, can you? [Freak]

#378310 - 03/02/08 08:28 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
FSRBIKER Offline

The Giants defense deserved it but this is an individual award. While Eli didn't have a huge day he threw for both of the Giants scores...BOTH IN THE 4TH QUARTER. That is why he won the MVP.
EOE...Opening Soon!

#378311 - 03/02/08 09:22 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
The thing that gets me is all these fools on ESPN talking in the comments section about Tom Brady. "Haha, look what happens when the pretty boy has to eat some dirt. Look what happens when he gets smacked around!".

Are you fucking kidding me? This guy is a two time Super Bowl MVP, has 3 rings, and has recently completed the most dominant offensive regular season in history. He's no slouch. He's one of the best to play his position, ever.

Look, the Giants played harder, and they deserved to win. New England deserved what they got. But to sit here, and diss Tom Brady like he's Billy Jo Hobert, come the fuck on. :rolleyes:

As much as I hate to say it, congrats to the Giants. Being a Skins fan all my life, I hate them. But they earned it.

#378312 - 04/02/08 05:45 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida

What a game. [ThumbsUp] What a great defense.

The Giants defense rattled the shit out of Brady. At one point he looked like he had that "thousand yard stare" look in his eyes.

When Eli Manning managed to escape the onslaught of Patriot defenders and pop it off to David Tyree (what an amazing catch), the world knew it was over for the Patriots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5BWzoyzVbc

I thought Bill Belichick's behavior at the end was classless.

It was a great game and a great day in New York sports history.

And.... who called it? smile

#378313 - 04/02/08 06:21 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruttiger:
well then who did??!?!?

from the NYG superbowl championshiop team that is?

GO BLUE!!!!!!!
The entire Giants Defense.

But, as has been said it's an individual award, so figure out which defensive player hit Brady the most and give it to him. I'm sorry but Eli didn't play an MVP-worthy game (that'd be an entire game where he was on, not one quarter).

#378314 - 04/02/08 04:03 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Ya, I agree that was pretty "wah-wah" on Belichik's part. To make a scene like that and try to take away from the Giant's celebration. They earned it, their defense played great, let them have their moment. The Pats have had their's. Bringing all his staff out there then leaving with :01 left, he made himself look like a sore loser. Boo-hoo, you had a great season, can't win them all!

#378315 - 04/02/08 05:52 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Congrats Giants.
They played better than the Pats, and I wish they hadn't, but they did.

Plaxico's head move completely caught Hobbs looking for the slant, leading to the wide open catch for the Touchdown. Tyree had what has to be the greatest non-touchdown catch I've ever seen. However, I thought the commentators "weakest cornerback" comment about Hobbs after the GW TD is funny since Plaxico only managed 2 receptions, and Manning threw against Randal Gay and the Safeties more often than Hobbs.

I wouldn't say the Giants D-line rattled the shit out of Brady, as much as they got into the backfield and never gave him the time to pass to Moss of Stallworth. The 4 D-linemen managed to consistantly beat the 5 O-linemen, especially once Neal went out. Brady would've had the same protection if they used tackling dummies instead of the O-line.

MVP - I'd give it to Tuck. 5 tackles, 1 assist, 2 sacks, and 1 forced fumble. That forced fumble ended the Pats drive in the first half, which barring the fumble would have led to points.
He manhandled the offensive linemen, and was in the backfield every time he was on the field for a snap.

Manning had 3 passes on that last drive that Patriots D-backs (Merriweather, Samuels, Harrison) should have caught to end the drive - but they didn't.

The Patriots had no answers for Tuck.

#378316 - 05/02/08 12:03 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

#378317 - 05/02/08 12:33 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:
The thing that gets me is all these fools on ESPN talking in the comments section about Tom Brady. "Haha, look what happens when the pretty boy has to eat some dirt. Look what happens when he gets smacked around!".

Are you fucking kidding me? This guy is a two time Super Bowl MVP, has 3 rings, and has recently completed the most dominant offensive regular season in history. He's no slouch. He's one of the best to play his position, ever.

They're not denying he's one of the best ever. Any QB becomes very average if you can get consistent pressure. That's not dissing Brady - that's just the truth.

And ndxterra, you're right...that is hilarious. Thanks for posting it.

#378318 - 06/02/08 05:41 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
Sorry Madman, but Eli Manning is done, he can't play well consistently and he's used up his "good games in a row" powers and he's going to show us the real Eli Manning again, Giants lose, 35-24
THREE LETTERS

MVP
Three words for you...
Biggest
Joke
Ever.

If you think Eli deserved the MVP then you didn't watch the game, and clearly no one else did either.[/b]
Most people disagree with you. Some below have more insight. The play with the Tyree catch is going to be covered forever.

Who's your team, Ty? The Broncos?

Quote:
The Giants defense deserved it but this is an individual award. While Eli didn't have a huge day he threw for both of the Giants scores...BOTH IN THE 4TH QUARTER. That is why he one the MVP.
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
.....When Eli Manning managed to escape the onslaught of Patriot defenders and pop it off to David Tyree (what an amazing catch), the world knew it was over for the Patriots.....

#378319 - 06/02/08 06:49 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
THREE LETTERS

MVP
Three words for you...
Biggest
Joke
Ever.

If you think Eli deserved the MVP then you didn't watch the game, and clearly no one else did either.[/b]
Most people disagree with you. Some below have more insight. The play with the Tyree catch is going to be covered forever.

Who's your team, Ty? The Broncos?

Quote:
The Giants defense deserved it but this is an individual award. While Eli didn't have a huge day he threw for both of the Giants scores...BOTH IN THE 4TH QUARTER. That is why he one the MVP.
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
.....When Eli Manning managed to escape the onslaught of Patriot defenders and pop it off to David Tyree (what an amazing catch), the world knew it was over for the Patriots.....
[/b]

The Donkies? Please, Jeff, don't make me throw up. I've been a die hard Chiefs fan since I was a kid, yeah through all the crappy years too.

Once again, for those of you that are slow...Eli had a good, not phenomenal, 4th quarter...the rest of his game was mediocre at best, and pathetic for stretches.

Tyree's catch was awesome no doubt, but again that wasn't Eli's doing (minus the scramble from the Pats' D), that was Tyree.

I'm not a stats whore, so pick out whoever on the defense hit Brady the most and give the award to him, because Eli didn't deserve it no matter how good his 4th quarter was.

#378320 - 06/02/08 10:26 PM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Yes, Eli had a great pass to Tyree and avoided being sacked in one play.

However, JEffW, you seem to overlook a few important plays by Manning in that last drive which is why people who watched the game know that Eli should not have won the MVP...

That last drive - 3rd play of the drive, is an incomplete pass, left side of the field, in and out of the hands of RODNEY HARRISON: If Harrison doesn't drop the interception maybe the Pats win.

that last drive - 7th play of the Drive, the play before the Tyree catch - is an incomplete pass, right side of the field, off of the fingertips of ASANTE SAMUEL: If Samuel comes up with the pick, maybe the Pats win.

That last drive - 10th play of the Drive -is an Incomplete pass, right side of the field, thorugh the outstretched hands of BRANDON MERRIWEATHER: If Merriweather comes up with the pick, maybe the Pats win.

3 plays in which Manning's passes hit the hands of Patriots, not Giants, plays that could have cost the Giants the Superbowl. 2 of which came before Tyrees catch.

Add in the missed Sack opportunity on the Tyree catch, or Tyree making an unbelievable catch one handed and that's 4 times the Patriots failed to stop the Giants drive.

Add in the 4th and 1, and that's 5 times the Patriots could have stopped the Giants drive and didn't.

Also remember the Giants had to convert that 4th and 1 because Eli underthrew Toomer, who had to dive back past the first down marker to save the pass from being incomplete.

If Toomer doesn't save Eli's pass, the Giants have a 4th and 10, not 4th and 1.

Those plays are why Eli doesn't deserve the MVP. Plays the Patriots didn't make, plays which if the Patriots did make we might be talking about a differen outcome.

How many plays like that did Payton, Branch, Brady, Lewis have (the most recent Superbowl MVPs)....

But then, the Giants played better than the Pats. That's why the Giants won. That's why those interceptions were just incompletions.

I still say Tuck deserved it.

#378321 - 07/02/08 07:55 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
FSRBIKER Offline

Has a defensive lineman ever won MVP? I don't remember one winning it, it was hard to pick a true MVP but I would have voted for Tuck myself.
EOE...Opening Soon!

#378322 - 07/02/08 08:43 AM Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread
PA Goldrush Offline

Loc: Southern Central, PA, USA
Super Bowl XII Harvey Martin and Randy White from the Cowboys, the only time there have been co-MVP's and in Super Bowl XX, Richard Dent from the Bears.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal