2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 11 of 16 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#380010 - 15/11/07 08:45 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Dennis Dixon out, probably done for the year. I feel terrible for him - great kid, and he was crying on the sideline after the reality of what happened sunk in. Then of course the team imploded, and there's almost no chance they can come back from this halftime deficit.

This sucks. frown
x2.... *&^%*&^%*&%*!!!!!!!!!!!!! This hurts.

#380011 - 15/11/07 09:02 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyx:
Quote:
[b]FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Dennis Dixon out, probably done for the year. I feel terrible for him - great kid, and he was crying on the sideline after the reality of what happened sunk in. Then of course the team imploded, and there's almost no chance they can come back from this halftime deficit.

This sucks. frown
x2.... *&^%*&^%*&%*!!!!!!!!!!!!! This hurts.[/b]
x3...damn....

#380012 - 15/11/07 10:50 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
[b]

GO BUCKS!
[Wave] [/b]
Serves you right bitches. laugh [Finger]

#380013 - 16/11/07 03:56 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:

(CENSORED!)

This sucks. frown
It does suck. OK, I wanted Oregon to lose, but not like that. It was a shame to see Dixon go down, especially on a non-contact play. I mean that; I felt bad for him when they showed him on the sideline. But I have to jab you just once, man...you're not going to suggest Stoops put the turf up to injuring him, are you? wink

The guy's a dynamic player and Oregon looked unstoppable on those first couple of drives. But should one player make that much of a difference? They totally folded. I've seen it before, living in the Atlanta area as I do; it's the Mike Vick effect. The Falcons lived or died by Vick as Oregon apparently does with Dixon. You could see the team deflate when he was injured.

Is there a debate up there about whether he should have been playing on that knee?

#380014 - 16/11/07 05:25 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
Quote:
[b]

(CENSORED!)

This sucks. frown
It does suck. OK, I wanted Oregon to lose, but not like that. It was a shame to see Dixon go down, especially on a non-contact play. I mean that; I felt bad for him when they showed him on the sideline. But I have to jab you just once, man...you're not going to suggest Stoops put the turf up to injuring him, are you? wink

The guy's a dynamic player and Oregon looked unstoppable on those first couple of drives. But should one player make that much of a difference? They totally folded. I've seen it before, living in the Atlanta area as I do; it's the Mike Vick effect. The Falcons lived or died by Vick as Oregon apparently does with Dixon. You could see the team deflate when he was injured.

Is there a debate up there about whether he should have been playing on that knee?[/b]
Dixon ran the entire offense, and the really was the leader of the entire team. So yeah, one player is that important in this instance.

Regarding the defense comment above, they didn't actually give up all those points (UA's defense scored on some turnovers). They held UA down enough that the offense should have won the game had it not totally folded. The thing that sucks is the QB that'll take over next year, who's ran the spread option since high school, blew his knee out in practice about a month ago. So we're stuck with Leaf the rest of the way.

#380015 - 16/11/07 08:35 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
As much as I was cheering for Arizona... we all hate to see a great kid like Dixon to go down like that... the injury not only cost them the game, it more than likely gave Tebow the Heisman lead at this point...

Here's to hoping Dixon gets back to a fast and full recovery. [drink]

#380016 - 16/11/07 09:00 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Quote:

All that being said, I have a very uneasy feeling about Oregon's game next Thursday night.
BTW, can you lend me some help with the winning numbers for the next Mega Millions drawing?

#380017 - 16/11/07 09:43 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
As much as I was cheering for Arizona...
And exactly how many teams do you cheer for again, Long? laugh

Yeah, tough break for Dixon and Oregon though. I still maintain that Oregon should have played Miami for the title back in 2002.

#380018 - 16/11/07 09:58 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:
Quote:
[b]As much as I was cheering for Arizona...
And exactly how many teams do you cheer for again, Long? laugh
[/b]
I was cheering for them in the sense of an underdog... [Finger]

#380019 - 16/11/07 03:20 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
mineralblue Offline

Courtesy of SI.com

West Virginia, which declined to go in the tank following its Sept. 28 loss to South Florida, now stands to reap some serious dividends. The Ducks dispatched, the Mountaineers will bump up to No. 5 -- behind a trio of Big 12 teams who will soon be taking whacks at each other.

Dream scenario for Pat White, Steve Slaton, et al.: Missouri loses to Kansas State on Saturday. (Not likely, but not completely farfetched: Remember, the Tigers haven't won in Manhattan since 1989.) Mizzou rallies to knock off bitter rival Kansas in Arrowhead Stadium on Nov. 24 and Oklahoma a week later in the Big 12 title game, clearing a path to the No. 2 spot for the Mountaineers ... who won't be able to seize it, of course, unless they take care of business on Saturday in suddenly imposing (though still faintly ridiculous sounding) Nippert Stadium, lair of the Cincinnati Bearcats.

The fevered musings of the preceding passage are based on the presumption that LSU will win out, a shaky presumption this season.

#380020 - 16/11/07 03:26 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
mineralblue Offline

Oh well... cheer up Oregon fans...

at least you guys still have some of the hottest cheerleaders in the country...

Oregon Cheerleader Photo Gallery

#380021 - 16/11/07 05:17 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

By far.

Some additional thoughts after some reflection.

Oregon's defense stepped up in a huge way. Yes UA scored 21 points in the third, but only 7 were scored on the defense. They were on the field a ton, made plays that gave the offense opportunities to come back, and showed a lot of heart. I'm proud of those guys.

Offense...gotta pull your heads out, guys. Leaf looked like crap, WR's were dropping balls all over the place, offensive line wasn't protecting or blocking well. Stewart played out of his mind and looked absolutely exhausted (and hurt) by the end of the game. I hope he's okay, because if he goes down we're absolutely fucked. I'd not trade him for any RB in the country, no offense intended to any Arkansas fans.

EVERY break went against us in this one, from the stupid pick, the punt return for TD that wasn't called back after a blatant illegal block, the fake put on 4th that went for 40 and was then fumbled, etc. BRUTAL game to watch. I woke up about 12 times last night because I couldn't get it out of my mind. Maybe my love for CFB runs a little too deep. laugh

If USC or UA beats ASU (and I think USC will do so handily) and Oregon finds a way to win out, we'll still win the Pac 10 and play in the Rose Bowl. Not sure how we'd do in it without a QB, but I'd love to find out.

It's still great to be a Duck, and hat's off to Dennis Dixon. Tebow's got better stats, but Dixon was the better player all year. Good luck in the NFL or MLB. [ThumbsUp]

#380022 - 16/11/07 05:57 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I think I saw that chick on the right end in the "Grudge"!

The rest are smokin' hot!

#380023 - 17/11/07 02:17 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Let's Go Mountaineers!

Well as much as I love my team, anybody that knows WVU knows that they tend to trip over themselves with numerous little mistakes when the pressure is on. I remember games in the past with Miami and Virginia Tech that could have been a big "W" if it weren't for the last 30 seconds of the game. Teh last time WVU made it to the title game was in 1989. But maybe some luck is on our side this year...

I am loving this season becuase the chamionship is wide open and we are seeing new teams all over the Top 5 and Top 25.

#380024 - 17/11/07 03:33 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Quote:

EVERY break went against us in this one, from the stupid pick, the punt return for TD that wasn't called back after a blatant illegal block, the fake put on 4th that went for 40 and was then fumbled, etc. BRUTAL game to watch. I woke up about 12 times last night because I couldn't get it out of my mind. Maybe my love for CFB runs a little too deep. laugh
OK, gotta call you out here. You've got some basketball-sized brass ones whining about all those terrible breaks Oregon supposedly got after you called the Sooners "pOUters" for protesting that travesty that happened last year. For those unfamiliar with it:

"An onside kick by Oregon after its first late touchdown was touched by a Ducks player before it traveled the required 10 yards, and the Pac-10 ruled that the ball should have been awarded to Oklahoma. The league also said that video revealed that an Oklahoma player actually recovered the ball.

Officials on the field gave the ball to Oregon, and replay officials did not overturn that decision."

Oregon then scored again and won by a point. The PAC-10 suspended the officials involved and said:

"Errors clearly were made and not corrected, and for that we apologize to the University of Oklahoma, coach Bob Stoops and his players. They played an outstanding college football game, as did Oregon, and it is regrettable that the outcome of the contest was affected by the officiating."

BFD, it was still an L for OU.

Full Story

We both know where we stand on that one so let's not revisit it. I bring it up only to illustrate a point. You said one thing at the time that I was forced to agree with: if Oklahoma had taken care of its business in the first 59 minutes, the refs wouldn't have been in a position to hand Oregon the game. Thus you obviously know that had the Ducks taken care of business vs. Arizona, those "breaks" would've taken care of themselves.

So yeah, Arizona got a few breaks, but in the immortal words of Rod Tidwell in Jerry Maguire, "Well, boo f**kin' hoo."

Some say I'm still bitter. laugh

ETA: Good to know at least one person up there had the integrity to call it what it was...

"The Truth Shall Set You Free" - The Oregonian

#380025 - 17/11/07 05:19 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

GO BUCKS BEAT michigan!

#380026 - 17/11/07 07:19 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
OK, gotta call you out here. You've got some basketball-sized brass ones whining about all those terrible breaks Oregon supposedly got after you called the Sooners "pOUters" for protesting that travesty that happened last year. For those unfamiliar with it:[/URL][/b]
You're "calling me out"??? Notice I just said that every break went against us. I'm not whining about supposedly biased refs, that the game was stolen from us, that my pussy hurts really bad, etc. We lost. I'm pissed, but I'm moving on. Basically I'm not acting at all like you pOUters did. You poor bastards stuck living in Oklahoma need more things to occupy yourselves with, because obsessiveness and ignorance is a bad combination.

Go Tech and every other soft-ass team on your schedule. wink

#380027 - 17/11/07 07:52 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
OK, gotta call you out here. You've got some basketball-sized brass ones whining about all those terrible breaks Oregon supposedly got after you called the Sooners "pOUters" for protesting that travesty that happened last year. For those unfamiliar with it:[/URL][/b]
You're "calling me out"??? Notice I just said that every break went against us. I'm not whining about supposedly biased refs, that the game was stolen from us, that my pussy hurts really bad, etc. We lost. I'm pissed, but I'm moving on. Basically I'm not acting at all like you pOUters did. You poor bastards stuck living in Oklahoma need more things to occupy yourselves with, because obsessiveness and ignorance is a bad combination.

Go Tech and every other soft-ass team on your schedule. wink [/b]
You're not whining about biased refs...but you ARE whining.

And you must not read so well because as you would otherwise see, I live in Georgia. In fact, I've never lived in Oklahoma. Didn't go to OU either, my wife did.

But you don't have to be a grad to recognize crooked officiating when you see it. :p

#380028 - 17/11/07 08:11 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
In fact, I've never lived in Oklahoma.
Where is your degree(s) from? If you don't have one, why not just be an NFL fan? I guess an OU fan without an OU degree that lives in Georgia (condolences) is pretty much an NFL fan. [Wave]

#380029 - 17/11/07 08:30 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]In fact, I've never lived in Oklahoma.
Where is your degree(s) from? If you don't have one, why not just be an NFL fan? I guess an OU fan without an OU degree that lives in Georgia (condolences) is pretty much an NFL fan. [Wave] [/b]
Hey, I don't need your sympathy, but thanks anyway. And did I miss something? Is a degree from a certain school a prerequisite for being a fan of that team, or of college football in general? Come on, I've never lived in Arizona either but that didn't stop me from being an enthusiastic Wildcat fan for a few hours Thursday night. laugh

I'm a proud Sooner-in-law, that's close enough for me.

Your responses today are disappointing. Do I have a degree (no if it's any of your business), you're sorry I live in Georgia blah blah blah...don't pull a Madman here and make this personal.

#380030 - 17/11/07 02:44 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
BlueSky Offline

Alabama just lost at home to Louisiana-Monroe...holy moly!

#380031 - 17/11/07 03:39 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Your responses today are disappointing. Do I have a degree (no if it's any of your business), you're sorry I live in Georgia blah blah blah...don't pull a Madman here and make this personal.
Point taken.

#380032 - 17/11/07 08:32 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn - Tech is kicking OU's ass (4th Q now).

Congrats Nismo - they look good. [ThumbsUp]

BOOHOOMER SOONER!!!

#380033 - 17/11/07 09:52 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX

#380034 - 18/11/07 12:29 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh