shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#38164 - 27/11/07 03:46 PM Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

So, I know this is a subject that has been beat to death, but I'm looking for some answers... I placed an order October 15 and was told it would be shipped the next day. Well, it hasnt come. I've called for going on a month now and no answer. I've emailed once a week, no answer.

Does anyone know what the deal is? I know its a one man show going on, and i really like their stuff, but its pissin me off (to say the least) that $225 of mine is just sitting in the guys pocket and i don't have my goods!

Like I said, they have great products, but service is lacking or non existant. I dont know if they closed shop and my money is lost or what...

What have you guys heard???
Thanks

#38165 - 27/11/07 07:28 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, just sit back and join the club of unsatisfied customers. I placed my order for the Econ Suspension lift on Oct. 3 and the only thing I have received are the UCAs and shackles about 2 weeks ago. Still waiting on the rest of my $1100 order. Good luck with the wait.

[Freak]

#38166 - 28/11/07 07:56 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

That sucks. I waited 7 mounths for my headers i would call once a week and would never get an answer that guy has no idea how to run a bussiness and satisfy his customers i will never by from that company again thats for sure. But keep calling and stay on his ass or tell him to give you your money back.

#38167 - 28/11/07 08:25 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
Quote:
Originally posted by LouisianaOutbackTrail:
So, I know this is a subject that has been beat to death...

Does anyone know what the deal is? I know its...
Sounds like you answered your own question.

We purchased shocks and oil filter kit from them back in '00. Way back then people were complaining of SLRs customer service. We were not one of them, we got what we ordered in a timely manner, and received prompt technical support. Friends of mine weren't so lucky.

From the very beginning it was well known that SLR racing was a small mom-n-pop style company: few employees, another day job, low volume, and undeveloped business operations. That has yet to change over the years.

You seemed to have known there were issues yet decided to make a purchase anyway. You decided it was worth the chance. Did you make a bad decision? That's for you to decide. The real question is, why are you posting about it? Pick up the phone, call them. Call them again, and again. Send a certified letter. Complain to your credit card provider. You did use a credit card, right?? Exercise the protections and processes available. If it gets real bad use the small claims court system.

You proven that there's always someone else willing to tempt fate, get dissatified, and then try to get comfort or action from the board. It's been tried, to no avail, for seven years.

You are right, this has been beat to death.

#38168 - 28/11/07 08:40 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

The guy is a great fabricator, but it seems he has trouble with the business/customer service side of the equation.

#38169 - 28/11/07 11:49 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great FAB not on my headers when i put them i noticed he could have made them equal lenght headers but did not on my headers and the headers i got look different then on his web site pictures like he changed them but did not change the picture

#38170 - 28/11/07 12:10 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

WTF... Dude, slow down. Enough headers, more punctuation please.

#38171 - 28/11/07 01:40 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for this thread topic- I was just about to pull the trigger and buy the 300s torsion bars from this guy - now I won't deal with him based on what I have heard here. I build and customize choppers and Harleys for a hobby, from experience, I have always check the message boards on a company's rep before I buy - I will go to calmini- Thanks again

#38172 - 28/11/07 02:11 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xtreme-X:
Thank you for this thread topic- I was just about to pull the trigger and buy the 300s torsion bars from this guy - now I won't deal with him based on what I have heard here. I build and customize choppers and Harleys for a hobby, from experience, I have always check the message boards on a company's rep before I buy - I will go to calmini- Thanks again
From what I've read, it's a crap shoot with vendors here. Some people complain about anything and everything, others never complain.

My personal experience with SLR has been great. Order parts and they show up when theyre supposed to.

#38173 - 28/11/07 02:51 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I have ordered 500 bucks worth of suspension stuff from the company on three different occassions. If nothing else, that should show I supported their company and their products. They did take a bit of time to get the stuff to me, but it wasnt this long... maybe 2 weeks and communicated with me. I ordered the shocks for the rear portion of my suspension from AC and got them in 3 days.

The biggest complaint is the dude emailed me saying that the order would go out that day..... on OCTOBER 17!

Crapshoot? After the first two orders I wasnt concerned. But, I know now that I am not going to give him any more money.

AC has much better customer service and gets their stuff out ASAP... they'll be getting my business from now on!

#38174 - 29/11/07 06:30 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

From my experience, it has been nearly three months now, and I have yet to receive my front bilsteins from SLR. It is said to be Bilsteins fault, not theirs. However I have never gotten a response from SLR, I am ignored 23 out of 25 times I have called or emailed. I have emailed them 3 times so far within the last two weeks about refunding my order, nothing. Now I'll have to call my CC company for a refund, because SLR stole my money.

I will never order from SLR again based on my experience, and hopefully you guys won't, based on my experience. No one should deserve this, it is absolutely unethical what SLR is doing.

#38175 - 02/12/07 10:31 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

bought headers in early sept and same thing.....no answers....will let u know if it changes

#38176 - 12/12/07 08:02 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

So, I just tried calling again today.... number has been disconnected. Off to the CC company I go....

Bunch of theives....

#38177 - 12/12/07 10:07 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it took over 5 months to collect various parts of my lift and steering system......

It's worth it however.

#38178 - 12/12/07 10:09 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just called the Number from their website to see if it was true, and it said it was "disconnected or no longer in service"

Just a little distrubing to say the least.

The sad part is that this is not the first time that I have seen something like this happen with small aftermarket companies.

Good luck to anyone trying to get parts or their money back.

Not wanting to jump the gun or anything, but you might want to get in tough with your Credit card companies to see what can be done.

#38179 - 12/12/07 10:16 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yup, 909-421-0255 is disconnected. If they did go out of business that's too bad, they seemed like an asset for Nissan Enthusiasts.

I had a pending shock order with them, and after hearing nothing for two months, canceled it through my card company on Monday.

#38180 - 12/12/07 10:22 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Beware you guys, my card company has a 60 day policy (which I didnt know) and my order was on the 16th of October... so i just barely lucked out.

I just wanted to lift my Xterra! I knew I should have gone with AC!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jayman:
I just called the Number from their website to see if it was true, and it said it was "disconnected or no longer in service"

Just a little distrubing to say the least.

The sad part is that this is not the first time that I have seen something like this happen with small aftermarket companies.

Good luck to anyone trying to get parts or their money back.

Not wanting to jump the gun or anything, but you might want to get in tough with your Credit card companies to see what can be done.

#38181 - 12/12/07 03:52 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've easily spent over $2,000 at SLR and placed an order with them about a month ago.

When I called about a week ago and heard the disconnected message, I pretty much began to think that it was time to write them off. After a couple of months of not answering emails and not picking up the phone, all I can think is that something happened to either pull Spencer away from the business (and his customers) or that he's closed (or is closing) his business. Either way, that he isn't replying to anyone isn't good and it'll be damn hard for me to be a supporter of that company if they do come back to life.

#38182 - 01/01/08 02:46 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
dez Offline

For those of you who may remember me from 5 years ago, I am deeply disturbed by all of this, and I hope that you will take him to task for what he's done.

I have not been involved since I left in '03, but all of these years I have wanted to apologize to many of you that dealt with me. I finally feel like I can freely do that now. I did not take pride in the level of service that I was able to provide you with, but in many instances, my hands were tied. I enjoyed talking with many of you - you brightened my day.

I hope that this all comes to a different end than the way it seems to be headed.

All the best.

#38183 - 01/01/08 10:36 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I remember you - you are the girl that worked for Spencer, no? It talked to you a couple of times when I ordered my Bilsteins.

Things are not good with SLR. Good thing I found out before I was about to order their upper control arms.

S.

#38184 - 01/01/08 11:09 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Anonymous
Unregistered

i'd say don't hold your breath on getting parts/money back. This has to be a bad sign

http://www.spencerlowracing.com/

#38185 - 01/01/08 01:44 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing???
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
I am saddened that many faithful customers have lost a source. I know that the SLR debate has caused plenty of bad feelings on XOC over the last few years.

My experience was that SLR had extremely good knowledge, but the business skills did not exist in any manner. He would not always explain the situation truthfully, in my experience.

I spent a year battling with him regarding early National Spring Packs that Spencer said were custom. He had bought 10 sets all the same and told people that they were set up for there individual load carrying. Not true.

He also sold people a series of UCA's that were too long, thus your could not really get a adequate alignment. Then ne copied someone else's design for his econo-line and shortened the other UCA's. Parts were nearly always late, or you got partial shipments.

I hope that he finds employment where his technical skills can be utilized and someone else could run the business side of things.

Me, I've got a set of SLR UCA's on a shelf in my garage and using a spring pack with leaf's that were not intended to be together - but were sent to me because his "Replacement" started sagging also.

Maybe now I can get the bad taste of doing business with SLR out of my system because his methods of conducting business has put an end to his business.
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal