shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 7 of 16 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#381949 - 24/10/05 07:43 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
Originally posted by GoBuX:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by Primary Xtc:
Who's that jumpin' USC in the BCS poll?

TEXAS!
FIGHT!!

laugh
Let me be the first to say that if another Pac-10 team (even if it is the dick-wraps) gets screwed out of a chance to play in the national championship game I will literally set fire to the BCS Offices.[/b]
USC will play if they win out, however, I agree with the BCS poll having UT at #1. There is a potential to have 5 undefeated teams at the end of the regular season. How sweet would that be? It would kind of force a playoff series.[/b]
You're most likely right in this case, but in the past the Pac-10 has shouldered more than its share of the BCS fuckups.
they sure didn't last year. Cal was left out and got slaughtered by Texas Tech, who Texas beat 52-21. [Wave] :p

#381950 - 24/10/05 08:04 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Let me be the first to say that if another Pac-10 team (even if it is the dick-wraps) gets screwed out of a chance to play in the national championship game I will literally set fire to the BCS Offices.
I believe the BsCS contract is up after this year. [ThumbsUp]

#381951 - 24/10/05 08:06 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

#381952 - 24/10/05 08:07 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
[b]Let me be the first to say that if another Pac-10 team (even if it is the dick-wraps) gets screwed out of a chance to play in the national championship game I will literally set fire to the BCS Offices.
I believe the BsCS contract is up after this year. [ThumbsUp] [/b]
I thought it went through '08 or '09?

#381953 - 24/10/05 08:39 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually they did get it wrong. By all rights Cal should have gotten a BCS game, as you no doubt agree. Of course they didn't get the game, they played like shit, and frankly got what they deserved (injuries aside) - but I'd still take last year's healthy Cal for 7 or 8 out of 10 against last year's Tech and comfortably put money on it.

Ok sounds good, you put your money on Cal vs the Big XII south #3 team(last year)...Michigan, a much better team than Tech was last year, would have beat cal even worse than tech did. Cal went into their bowl game talking shit about texas(talking about the cal QB) and got their asses handed to em.

Now, the pac-10 did get their shot last year and the year before, so they got their share of games as well as all of the other BCS conferences.

#381954 - 24/10/05 09:02 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
but I'd still take last year's healthy Cal for 7 or 8 out of 10 against last year's Tech and comfortably put money on it.
:rolleyes:

Face it, it was the Pac-"1" last year.

#381955 - 24/10/05 09:02 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
Quote:
[b]Actually they did get it wrong. By all rights Cal should have gotten a BCS game, as you no doubt agree. Of course they didn't get the game, they played like shit, and frankly got what they deserved (injuries aside) - but I'd still take last year's healthy Cal for 7 or 8 out of 10 against last year's Tech and comfortably put money on it.

Ok sounds good, you put your money on Cal vs the Big XII south #3 team(last year)...Michigan, a much better team than Tech was last year, would have beat cal even worse than tech did. Cal went into their bowl game talking shit about texas(talking about the cal QB) and got their asses handed to em.
[/b]
They did get their asses handed to them, but if you watched them all year, you would realize they played nowhere near their potential (unusual for a Tedford team) and they had some important injuries.

No excuses though, they lost fair and square - the way Tech outplayed them, they deserved to win that game.

Quote:
Now, the pac-10 did get their shot last year and the year before, so they got their share of games as well as all of the other BCS conferences.
USC didn't get their shot the year before, though it was so painfully obvious that they were the best team in the country they got the AP championship even though they didn't even play in the "national championship" game. You'll find few you'll find few outside of LSU fans that can say that USC wasn't the best team by far that year with a straight face.

You can try to disagree if you want, but the reality is that the Pac-10 really has been hosed by the BCS an unfair number of times and you'll find few that have closely followed college FB since the inception of the BCS that would disagree.

We need to go to a playoff system or go back to the old bowl alignments. I know you're a big-12 guy, so no offense, but it made me sick to see Texas in the Rose Bowl - if we stick with the bowl system the Rose Bowl should be a Big-10 versus Pac-10 matchup every year. Seeing another conference in there is like selling your sister as a prostitute.

#381956 - 24/10/05 09:03 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
Ok sounds good, you put your money on Cal vs the Big XII south #3 team(last year)
Actually, they got their asses handed to them by the #4 team in the Big XII last year. [LOL]

#381957 - 24/10/05 09:05 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
[b]but I'd still take last year's healthy Cal for 7 or 8 out of 10 against last year's Tech and comfortably put money on it.

Face it, it was the Pac-"1" last year.

:rolleyes: [/b]
The Pac-10 last year was far better than the Big-12 this year.

I'll be a gentleman and not compare the "Big-12" this year to the Pac-10 this year. wink

#381958 - 24/10/05 09:05 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
I thought it went through '08 or '09?
Damn, I hope not. I was hearing all through last year that this year was the last year on the contract. Anyone know for sure? confused

#381959 - 24/10/05 09:07 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
The Pac-10 last year was far better than the Big-12 this year.
...and? (That's still debateable) I thought the point was the Big XII last year was waayy better than the Pac 10 last year. [Uh Oh !]

#381960 - 25/10/05 08:16 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

We need to go to a playoff system or go back to the old bowl alignments. I know you're a big-12 guy, so no offense, but it made me sick to see Texas in the Rose Bowl - if we stick with the bowl system the Rose Bowl should be a Big-10 versus Pac-10 matchup every year. Seeing another conference in there is like selling your sister as a prostitute.
I agree with a playoff, just one extra game. as far as texas in the rose bowl, well how can you argue against two of the most winningest teams(top 4) that have never played before? Its a match up that any college football fan would have wanted to see. Not to mention how good of a game it actually was laugh

#381961 - 25/10/05 08:24 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
off2cjb Offline

You are all still counting out Virginia Tech. I do think USC and/or Texas will lose a game this year. Other than Virginia Tech going undefeated, the team with the best chance is Texas. I look for Texas and Virginia Tech playing for the prize.

#381962 - 25/10/05 11:09 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
I do think USC will lose a game this year.
To whom would you be anticipating them losing to?

Other than Cal , who UCLA has allready beaten and UCLA , SC is going to cruise into the national championship game. The Dec. 3rd game in L.A. is going to go a long ways in determining who is going to be still standing.

#381963 - 25/10/05 11:26 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Oh and just a quick reminder in case anyone agrees with the BCS rankings that dropped USC to #2 possibly due to some sort of Big 12 bias.

USC 55 , Oklahoma 19. laugh

#381964 - 25/10/05 11:42 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
Quote:
[b]I do think USC will lose a game this year.

Other than Cal , who UCLA has allready beaten and UCLA , SC is going to cruise into the national championship game. The Dec. 3rd game in L.A. is going to go a long ways in determining who is going to be still standing.[/b]
USC is more likely to lose than Texas, because there are some dangerous teams on the schedule. Texas has a cupcake schedule the rest of the way (and thus far it's no tougher than USC's schedule).

On the radio this morning on my way to work one of the ESPN guys was openly wondering whether Texas would be #3 this year if VT, USC, and Texas all won out because Texas had the easiest schedule of the three.

I want to see Texas v. SC, because those are clearly the two best teams, but I wouldn't mind seeing be Big-12 screwed if all 3 were undefeated at the end.

#381965 - 25/10/05 01:20 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Don't count on it. The media has a boner for Texas A&M and it shows as they consistantly over-rank them every year. They'll count UT's victory over A&M as big as USC's victory over Notre Dame. :rolleyes:

It'll be UT vs. USC. I bet they'll be the only 2 undefeated teams left.

#381966 - 25/10/05 01:29 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Quote:

Other than Cal , who UCLA has allready beaten and UCLA , SC is going to cruise into the national championship game. The Dec. 3rd game in L.A. is going to go a long ways in determining who is going to be still standing.[/b]
I think UCLA has a better chance beating USC than any team facing Texas or Virginia Tech.

#381967 - 25/10/05 02:00 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

I think UCLA has a better chance beating USC than any team facing Texas or Virginia Tech.[/b]
UCLA can't stop the run and USC has Reggie Bush and LenDale White. Cal probably has a better shot at them, but odds are they'll go into their bowl game with no losses.

VT still has to play Miami (and BC, but I'm not sold on them).

#381968 - 25/10/05 04:37 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
....Oregon in '01 particularly pisses me off (loyal Duck that I am)....
...I don't know if Oregon would have beat Miami or not, but I know without a doubt that they were the only team in the country that had a shot. Nebraska had absolutely no business being there.
AAAAMEN!

All Oregon needs is a couple USC losses and a little help. laugh Hey, the Ducks have only lost one game this year - to the team who's been ranked number 1 for the past 387 weeks. Too bad they lost starting QB Kellen Clemens for the year... :rolleyes:

Anywho... GO DUCKS!!

#381969 - 26/10/05 05:19 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

ooooh look its the red raiders: ... [Wave] laugh

#381970 - 27/10/05 04:01 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please Florida/Auburn shut the Georgia fans up!

#381971 - 27/10/05 09:01 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
I don't know if Oregon would have beat Miami or not, but I know without a doubt that they were the only team in the country that had a shot. Nebraska had absolutely no business being there.
I absolutely agree with you. I thought the same thing then, I was pissed. Being a big fan of the "U", I wanted them to play the best challenge, which was Oregon. Miami would have still wiped the field with them, but that's beside the point. Nebraska did have no business being there whatsoever. 34-0 at halftime showed that.

That being said, I think it's laughable that so many said USC was the greatest team of all time last year? Uh, what about that 2001 Miami championship team? FSU, 1999? Nebraska in the mid '90's? The U in the 80's? Notre Dame back in the day? Uh, hello? They would have all given USC a run for their money. The 2001 Miami team would have kicked Oklahoma's ass in 2000 if they had been invited to the NC game instead of Florida State. That squad was just as dominant as USC has been the last 2 years.

Got to love the media!

#381972 - 27/10/05 09:52 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
Miami would have still wiped the field with them, but that's beside the point.
Miami probably would have won, but it's college ball and you never know what happen - Jeff Tedford would have had a month to get an explosive Oregon offense ready. In any event, the point is that they deserved the chance.

Last year's USC may not have been the best ever, but they certainly deserve to be in the conversation. I'd take 'em over Miami in '01. wink

#381973 - 31/10/05 11:33 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

New rankings are out. USC is back on top. Viginia Tech is closing in.

1 USC .9767
2 Texas .9729
3 Virginia Tech .9294
4 Alabama .8695
5 UCLA .7874
6 Miami .7566
7 Penn State .6905
8 LSU .6875
9 Florida State .6275
10 Ohio State .5967
11 Georgia .5864
12 Wisconsin .5630