2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 13 of 16 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#382099 - 03/12/05 10:43 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
I'm sorry...but Congress has no business getting into this.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#382100 - 04/12/05 07:01 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
I'm sorry...but Congress has no business getting into this.
No kidding. I guess its better than those worthless sacks of shit finding new ways to steal and spend.

#382101 - 04/12/05 07:35 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

No need to wait until this afternoon, Oregon's fucked - ND is top 6 and OSU is top 4, so both get auto bids.

3 2-loss teams and 1 8-4 team in the BCS, 10-1 Oregon, who's only loss is to the #1 team in the country that hasn't lost in 2 years, out. Seems fair to me. frown

Rose Bowl: USC (BCS #1) v Texas (BCS #2)
Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State (BCS #4) v Notre Dame (BCS #6)
Sugar Bowl: Georgia (SEC Champ) v West Virginia (Big East Champ)
Orange Metamucil Bowl: Penn State (Big Ten Champ) v Florida State (ACC Champ)

Now because of the Pac-10's horrible bowl alignments (DIE TOM HANSEN) the reward for a 10-1 season is the Holiday Bowl. I hope to God the kids don't go in there so dejected and disappointed that they lay an egg against a crappy Big-12 school.

Yeah, I knew it was coming, but I'm still beyond pissed. mad

PS - at least I'm not the only one pissed. From a national standpoint, nobody will watch the Orange or Sugar bowl. Georgia gets stuck playing a patsy. PSU's reward for 10-1 and a Big-10 title (outright, imo) is an unranked 8-4 team. The only interesting story line in the Orange is that there are two old farts for coaches. Whippie. :rolleyes:

The only plus side to this whole mess will be watching ND get waxed. I hope Tressel won't be opposed to RUTS.

#382102 - 04/12/05 09:25 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
nobody will watch the Orange or Sugar bowl. Georgia gets stuck playing a patsy.
Man, I wish this were true. The only way we're going to get a playoff system is to not watch or go to this crap.
Quote:
to this whole mess will be watching ND get waxed. I hope Tressel won't be opposed to RUTS.
Keep dreaming. :rolleyes:

#382103 - 04/12/05 12:55 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
to this whole mess will be watching ND get waxed. I hope Tressel won't be opposed to RUTS.
Keep dreaming. :rolleyes:
ND beat 3 teams with winning records (7-4 Michigan, BYU, Navy), lost to 5-6 MSU at home, and needed a last second TD to beat 'furd. Their best win was a loss to USC, but that game was played at home following a bye, and USC was on it's third straight tough road game. Plus it was played in a wheat field. :rolleyes:

Much like every other ND bowl opponent in the last decade-plus, I don't think OSU will have any trouble kicking their asses.

#382104 - 04/12/05 01:11 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Mobycat Offline

Oregon only beat 4 teams with winning records.

Cal, Arizona State, Fresno St, Montana and Houston.

And I wouldn't call Montana and Houston powerhouses.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#382105 - 04/12/05 02:41 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
And I wouldn't call Montana and Houston powerhouses.
Both were last minute replacements.

We got fucked (again), and there is no colorable argument to the contrary.

#382106 - 04/12/05 04:47 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

WooHoo!!! I'm going to the Gator Bowl!! Just got my tickets. Less than $50 apeice on Ticketmaster; 2nd level, corner of the endzone. Sweetness!!!

Go Cards!

#382107 - 04/12/05 06:05 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Quote:
[b]And I wouldn't call Montana and Houston powerhouses.
Both were last minute replacements.

We got fucked (again), and there is no colorable argument to the contrary.[/b]
Agreed.

WTF??? Oklahoma? No offense, but give us a GOOD team to play. Like you said, we're buttfucked yet again. [ThumbsDown] mad [Huh?]

#382108 - 04/12/05 09:27 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Oklahoma will beat Oregon. This is a different Sooner team that played UCLA.
Quote:
ND beat 3 teams with winning records (7-4 Michigan, BYU, Navy), lost to 5-6 MSU at home, and needed a last second TD to beat 'furd. Their best win was a loss to USC, but that game was played at home following a bye, and USC was on it's third straight tough road game. Plus it was played in a wheat field. :rolleyes:

Much like every other ND bowl opponent in the last decade-plus, I don't think OSU will have any trouble kicking their asses.
Yeah, but if you've watched this team all year, you'd see that there is just something there. The talent is much better, their clicking on both sides of the ball, and that coaching... damn that man can coach. Look at the Patriots now. [Freak] Anyway, not to take anything away from tOSU, but I think Notre Dame will win. Should be a good game though.

#382109 - 05/12/05 06:49 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Oklahoma will beat Oregon. This is a different Sooner team that played UCLA.
If Oregon brings their A-game and Dixon plays well, the Ducks win. If they play like they want to be in another bowl, they lose. Oklahoma right now is more dangerous than their record suggests, so a half-assed effort won't cut it.

#382110 - 05/12/05 06:40 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Oklahoma will beat Oregon. This is a different Sooner team that played UCLA.
If Oregon brings their A-game and Dixon plays well, the Ducks win. If they play like they want to be in another bowl, they lose. Oklahoma right now is more dangerous than their record suggests, so a half-assed effort won't cut it.[/b]
Yeah, this may be another Cal all over again. I was happy to see Cal get run over by TT, though. Their stupid QB went off running his mouth like a jackass. I couldn't care less about it this year though, We've got Bigger fish to fry [Smoking] laugh

Reggie, You go ahead and take that Heisman, We'll take the National Championship.

The Heisman this year is gonna be sad either way, its hard to say one deserves it over the other but we all know what's going to happen. [Freak]

#382111 - 05/12/05 06:57 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[qb]Oklahoma will beat Oregon. This is a different Sooner team that played UCLA.
If Oregon brings their A-game and Dixon plays well, the Ducks win. If they play like they want to be in another bowl, they lose. Oklahoma right now is more dangerous than their record suggests, so a half-assed effort won't cut it.[/b]
Yeah, this may be another Cal all over again.
We're better than Cal '04 (even when they were healthy, which they decidedly were not in the HB), but it could happen. OU is talented and has nothing to lose, and it is possible that Oregon could come out flat given the hose-job. Still, if they come to win, they roll.

Quote:
I was happy to see Cal get run over by TT, though. Their stupid QB went off running his mouth like a jackass.
In response to your stupid coach running his mouth like a jackass and whining like a little bitch. :rolleyes:

What little respect I had for Mack Brown disappeared entirely after last year.

Quote:
Reggie, You go ahead and take that Heisman, We'll take the National Championship.
You're half right. wink

Quote:
The Heisman this year is gonna be sad either way, its hard to say one deserves it over the other but we all know what's going to happen.
Bush should win this by a landslide - it's easy (and accurate) to say he deserves it more than Young.

In all seriousness, I expect Texas-USC to be an epic bowl game. I'll give the edge to SC because I think their accomplishments to date warrant respect, but I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Texas take it.

#382112 - 05/12/05 07:22 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Hustler Offline

Loc: ogden,ut
The Ducks always get fucked over.

#382113 - 05/12/05 08:43 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Mobycat Offline

Quote:

The Heisman this year is gonna be sad either way, its hard to say one deserves it over the other but we all know what's going to happen. [Freak]
Roethlisberger should have won it last year. But that's what you get for going to a low-level Division 1 school.

#382114 - 06/12/05 10:54 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
3 2-loss teams and 1 8-4 team in the BCS, 10-1 Oregon, who's only loss is to the #1 team in the country that hasn't lost in 2 years, out. Seems fair to me. frown
The thing that kills Oregon is that they only played one top 25 team and lost it at home. They also played a 1-AA in the beginning of the season. If they schedule tougher OOC games, they would get respect. It's that simple.

As far as who wins it:

As much as it pains me to say... Hook 'em

#382115 - 06/12/05 11:09 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bowl pickoff time?

Schedule http://sports.yahoo.com/s/ncaafbowls05;_ylt=AvcUI99IS8xCtH7xRgph9QIcvrYF

My Picks, in order presented on schedule:

Fiesta - Ohio State (over ND)

Sugar - Georgia (over WVU)

Orange - Penn State (over FSU)

Rose - USC (over Texas)

New Orleans - S. Miss (over Arkansas State)

GMAC - UTEP (over Toledo)

Las Vegas - Cal (over BYU)

Poinsetta - Colorado State (over Navy)

Ft. Worth - Houston (over Kansas)

Hawaii - Nevada (over UCF)

Motor City - Akron (over Memphis)

Champs - Clemson (over Colorado)

Insight - Arizona State (over Rutgers)

MPC - BC (over BSU)

Alamo - Michigan (over Nebraska)

Emerald - GT (over Utah)

Holiday - Oregon [Smoking] (over OU)

Music City - Minnesota (over Virginia)

Sun - NW (over FUCLA)

Independence - SC (over Missouri)

Peach - Miami (over LSU)

Meineke - South Florida (over NC State)

Liberty - FSU (over Tulsa)

Houston - TCU (over Iowa State)

Cotton - Tech (over Bama)

Outback - Florida (over Iowa)

Gator - Virginia Tech (over Louisville)

Capital - Auburn (over Whisky)

That took awhile. laugh It'll be easier for you guys, cause you can just build off what I started.

#382116 - 06/12/05 11:23 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Fletcher Beck Offline

Loc: Eugene, Oregon
This is going to be the last time that i comment on the whole Oregon thing unless they beat UO. A lot of people are coming in here and saying that Oregon did not beat anyone and there is a lot of stats out there indicating otherwise. If you go back and look at Oregons schedule and the ranking of the teams they played at that time, it looks like this.

VS #23 Fresno State (W 37-34)
@ #17 Arizone State (W 31-17)
VS #23 California (W 27-20)

So to all of you that keep saying that Oregon did not beat anyone need to know your facts before you come in here and start posting and make yourselves look like an ass.

And for all you Goldenhomers.

@ #23 Pittsburg (W 42-21)
@ #3 Michigan (W 17-10)
@ #22 Purdue (W 49-28)

And we all know the outcomes when Oregon and ND faced USC. So to come in here and say that ND schedule was so much tougher are full of shit. When you look at ND opponents records at the end of the season, your arguement carries no merrit. Look at the "three big wins" that ND had and where their opponents finished, Pittsburg (5-6), Michigan (7-4), Pudue (5-6). At least every ranked oppentent that Oregon beat finished with a winning record. Fresno State (8-4), Arizona State (6-5) and California (7-4).

#382117 - 06/12/05 11:49 AM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Bowl pickoff time?

Schedule http://sports.yahoo.com/s/ncaafbowls05;_ylt=AvcUI99IS8xCtH7xRgph9QIcvrYF

My Picks, in order presented on schedule:

Fiesta ....
...Capital
Do we really want to acknowlege interest in the shit that this system is? My only pick:
USC 35
UT 51

That's such a great game, it wouldn't surprise me if USC blows out UT.

#382118 - 06/12/05 02:21 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Peach - Miami (over LSU)
You, my friend, are fucking brilliant! [ThumbsUp]

#382119 - 06/12/05 02:22 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Leinart to Jarrett, seven seconds left.

USC - 4,509,361
UT - 4,509,359

Ok, okay...

USC - 54
UT - 51

#382120 - 06/12/05 03:12 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Looks like I'm rose bowl bound....see ya in cali! laugh [Wave]
Who needs two?

This thing is the monster of monsters. I'm talking Superbowl huge. With two undefeateds, the top three Heisman candidates, countless future NFL players and the local Pro team playing for t a third straight champoinship, it's showing all the makings for the biggest Rose Bowl ever.

It's the King Kong of bowl games.

Any of you out of staters that are planning on coming out for the game, make sure you have your tickets IN HAND before you get on a plane. Don't leave things to chance or a tour operator that is telling you that the tickets need to be picked up on arrival in Pasadena. Some of these tour companies are going to be in for a rude awakening.

(Oh and any of you who have access to Tix but aren't making the trip feel free to PM me. laugh )

#382121 - 06/12/05 03:38 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher Beck:
If you go back and look at Oregons schedule and the ranking of the teams they played at that time, it looks like this.

Doesn't matter what their ranking WAS when you played them. The only thing that matters is how good they actually are.

#382122 - 06/12/05 04:05 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Fletcher Beck Offline

Loc: Eugene, Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by GoBuX:
Quote:
[b]If you go back and look at Oregons schedule and the ranking of the teams they played at that time, it looks like this.

Doesn't matter what their ranking WAS when you played them. The only thing that matters is how good they actually are.[/b]
Then i guess ND beat no one either, thanks for making my point

#382123 - 06/12/05 04:26 PM Re: who is gonna win the BCS Championship?
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
So to come in here and say that ND schedule was so much tougher are full of shit. When you look at ND opponents records at the end of the season, your arguement carries no merrit. Look at the "three big wins" that ND had and where their opponents finished, Pittsburg (5-6), Michigan (7-4), Pudue (5-6). At least every ranked oppentent that Oregon beat finished with a winning record. Fresno State (8-4), Arizona State (6-5) and California (7-4).
The computer would say differently.

Schedule strength...

ND - #19 (76.39)
Oregon - #34 (74.30)

Page 13 of 16 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal