shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#382822 - 30/08/06 03:22 PM Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, the greatest sport in the land finally kicks off tomorrow. How's the first game looking for your team?

Mine is Oregon, and they open with Stanford. Should be a win, but it is a conference game and they do have an outstanding senior quarterback.

I'm really interested in watching Cal-Tenn, WSU-Auburn, Domers-GT, USC-Arkansas, and Miami-FSU. Not a bad opening weekend. [drink]

#382823 - 30/08/06 04:28 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

My Nebraska Cornhuskers open the season at home against the mighty Louisiana Tech Bulldogs. :rolleyes: Should be another opening day blowout.

pnwbeers...Kinda weird the Oregon starts off with a conference game, eh? Is that something that happens a lot?

Oh yeah, GO BIG RED!

#382824 - 30/08/06 04:39 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Shelf:
My Nebraska Cornhuskers open the season at home against the mighty Louisiana Tech Bulldogs. :rolleyes: Should be another opening day blowout.

pnwbeers...Kinda weird the Oregon starts off with a conference game, eh? Is that something that happens a lot?

Oh yeah, GO BIG RED!
Yeah!

Be the best in what is simply known as the Big XII North! [Freak] [Finger]

See Ya at the Fiesta Bowl! [Wave]
The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You! laugh

#382825 - 30/08/06 04:49 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
It isn't unheard of, but usually we start off with a non-conference game. Frankly this should be the easiest of the first three games, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

#382826 - 30/08/06 05:29 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Well, my Red Raiders are opening against SMU. That could be a good game for the first quarter. [Freak] As far the rest of our non-conference games, I'm worried most about playing TCU on the road. We should beat them pretty easily, but anything can happen... especially on the road with such a young quarterback. Since our stadium is only 1/3 of the way complete, here's our pretty side laugh :

As for my "other" team... Notre Dame is over-rated, but rightfully so since preseason polls are typically based on history. However, nothing on their schedule really makes me think they can lose, so they could easily go undefeated. Either way, football season is here! [ThumbsUp]

Quote:
The Pac-10 actually did something better than the rest of the conferences. Since the NCAA decided to go to 12 games, they made that "extra" game a conference game. [ThumbsUp] I'm sure that had something to do with it.

#382827 - 30/08/06 05:38 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
The Pac-10 actually did something better than the rest of the conferences. Since the NCAA decided to go to 12 games, they made that "extra" game a conference game. [ThumbsUp] I'm sure that had something to do with it.
The nice thing is that we can determine a true champ without a conference championship game and the need to go to 12 members (which I am against and won't happen).

The not nice thing is that we'll beat each other up even more in conference, as we don't have Miss. State, Baylor, Iowa State, etc. type teams to beat up on. Say what you want about the "Pac-1," but there's far more parity in the Pac-10 than any other conference - 8 teams have won or shared the Pac-10 title in the last decade (exceptions are Zona and Cal).

I'm so Goddamn glad it's college football season again. [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#382828 - 31/08/06 06:54 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
The 'Horns are playing North Texas on Saturday. [Laughing] [Laughing] [Laughing]

#382829 - 31/08/06 07:19 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
The 'Horns are playing North Texas on Saturday. [Laughing] [Laughing] [Laughing]
Not a bad way to start breaking in that new QB. Same goes for Tech's game against SMU.

It sucked last year when Clemens went down mid-season, but now it's nice to have two solid quarterbacks with a lot of actual game experience.

#382830 - 31/08/06 07:19 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

War Eagle! Haven't heard too much about WSU. Anybody from that area have any scoop? Good time of year though and good luck to your teams (except WSU and Bama).

#382831 - 31/08/06 08:03 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WilliamK:
War Eagle! Haven't heard too much about WSU. Anybody from that area have any scoop?
They finished 9th in the Pac-10 last year, and lost one of the top-10 running backs in the country to graduation. If Auburn is half what it's cracked up to be this year, it should be a cake walk. WSU does have some pretty good talent at the skill positions, so it is possible that they make a game of it, but I don't see them winning.

#382832 - 31/08/06 08:16 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
[b]The 'Horns are playing North Texas on Saturday. [Laughing] [Laughing] [Laughing]
Not a bad way to start breaking in that new QB. Same goes for Tech's game against SMU.

It sucked last year when Clemens went down mid-season, but now it's nice to have two solid quarterbacks with a lot of actual game experience.[/b]
Hopefully the new QB will be as successful as Major and Vince were their first seasons.

#382833 - 31/08/06 08:21 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Villanova (I-AA, Atlantic 10) opens at Central Florida (Conf. USA). "Nova's going to get killed. Boy, that I-AA national championship game in 2002 seems like ancient history. I expect another long season; maybe 4 or 5 wins. [Too much XOC]

#382834 - 31/08/06 10:33 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Well, one of our NFL prospect receivers might be in trouble with the NCAA. We're thinking grades, but no one knows for sure yet. This could suck. frown

#382835 - 31/08/06 10:58 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
[b]Not a bad way to start breaking in that new QB. Same goes for Tech's game against SMU.
Well, one of our NFL prospect receivers might be in trouble with the NCAA. We're thinking grades, but no one knows for sure yet. This could suck. frown [/b]
I thought you guys were always loaded at WR. Will you actually have a depth problem if you lose this kid?

Another question - how's the o-line? That has a huge impact on how a young QB plays.

#382836 - 31/08/06 11:14 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
I thought you guys were always loaded at WR. Will you actually have a depth problem if you lose this kid?

Another question - how's the o-line? That has a huge impact on how a young QB plays.
Hicks is a considered a Top 10 receiver and will hurt if he can't play. Yes, we have depth, but you don't want to lose your Randy Moss eventhough you still have Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds (you can tell I'm in Houston). The more the better in this system. Our O-line is always good, so no worries there.

#382837 - 31/08/06 12:15 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
My schools of personal interest...

Texas A&M - The Aggie fans are about to give up on Coach Fran if he doesn't turn things around this year... he doesn't really have any excuses not to do decently given the cupcake and mostly home scheduling. I think the Aggies only leave the state twice this year.

Louisville - The Cardinals are sitting pretty in the Big East. Hopefully, they can take care of business and get past West Virginia.

Kentucky - So when does basketball season start? laugh Tubby Smith needs to get the program out of recent mediocrity...

#382838 - 31/08/06 07:02 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
GO GATORS!!!!!

Hopefully I will be going to a few games here this season!

#382839 - 01/09/06 01:53 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by WilliamK:
[b]War Eagle! Haven't heard too much about WSU. Anybody from that area have any scoop?
They finished 9th in the Pac-10 last year, and lost one of the top-10 running backs in the country to graduation. If Auburn is half what it's cracked up to be this year, it should be a cake walk. WSU does have some pretty good talent at the skill positions, so it is possible that they make a game of it, but I don't see them winning.[/b]
Thanks for the scouting report. I've always sorta liked the Ducks. Wild Uniforms! Good Luck.

#382840 - 02/09/06 02:23 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not a bad day so far. Idaho actually played MSU pretty damn tough (huge surprise).

Oregon up 27-10 at half. It should be 31-10, but I can't complain too much. Snoop is living up to his billing so far - 1st half stats: 16 rushes for 123 yards (7.7 Avg) and a kick return for 54 yards.

240 lbs, 4.4-40, 38.5" vert, benches 410 - how sweet it is to have nailed the #1 HS RB in the country two years ago. laugh

Hope those knees hold up. [Uh Oh !]

#382841 - 02/09/06 03:42 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

LMAO at CU... laugh laugh laugh

GO (1AA) BOBCATS!!! [ThumbsUp]

#382842 - 02/09/06 04:31 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cal's gettin' smoked. Tough to win without a QB, I guess. [Too much XOC]

They won't finish in the top 4 in the Pac-10.

#382843 - 02/09/06 04:33 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go Bucks!

#382844 - 02/09/06 06:17 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
LMAO at CU...

GO (1AA) BOBCATS!!! [ThumbsUp]
[Uh Oh !] [Spit] [LOL] [Too much XOC] eek

#382845 - 02/09/06 06:52 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Big 12" indeed. LOL Maybe next year they'll take on a high school team.

#382846 - 02/09/06 08:34 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Domers squeaked out a 4 point win over unranked GT.

Front-butt Charlie may be a good coach, but the domers are barely a top 25 team this year. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal