shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 13 of 18 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#383122 - 28/11/06 07:13 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
It was nice to see UT taken down another peg. So much for Vince not being the team last year I guess. Same team - Vince = top 20 team.
Exactly. Mack Brown (Coach February) goes back to being the average coach he is. It was pretty clear last year from the outside looking in that VY took over the games and Mack really didn't have much to do about anything except the fact that he recruited him.

#383123 - 28/11/06 11:52 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

i guess when it's the first time you've beat UT in six years and only the second time in 32 tries in austin, you can be really proud.

#383124 - 28/11/06 01:34 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX

#383125 - 28/11/06 02:49 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea, I've never heard the same sort of things from A&M fans the last 6 years. derrrrrr. no one was complaining, we realized all the stuff that went wrong. you played a better game. Next time we will...I predict 5 years before you beat us again.

I just find it amusing that A&M has to try to rub it in our faces so bad every time they win. T.U...wow really creative. Inferiority complex anyone?

#383126 - 28/11/06 04:10 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by eli:
Inferiority complex anyone?
Superiority complex anyone? :rolleyes:

I don't recall when or if this has come up before, but when did you attend UT and what degrees did you earn there? Seems like USC, Texas, etc. have a lot of bandwagon fans, so I'm wondering if you're one of those.

#383127 - 28/11/06 04:45 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
I don't recall when or if this has come up before, but when did you attend UT and what degrees did you earn there?
4th post from the bottom.

#383128 - 28/11/06 08:58 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not a fan of either aTm or UT. I'm an Ohio State fan. Just calling it like I see it.

#383129 - 29/11/06 06:57 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Quote:

I just find it amusing that A&M has to try to rub it in our faces so bad every time they win. T.U...wow really creative. Inferiority complex anyone?
Haha... "Texas University" wouldn't bother them if they didn't think they were "The University of Texas".
It is all in good fun.

As for this year's game, A&M has every right to rub it in... it's called bragging rights... the 'horns just aren't used to being on the receiving end in awhile...

[Finger] laugh smile

#383130 - 29/11/06 10:48 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Loc: Carrollton, TX
Quote:

I just find it amusing that A&M has to try to rub it in our faces so bad every time they win. T.U...wow really creative.
If your going to whine, you should at least get it right. It's not T.U. it's tu (little t, little u, no periods since it's not an abbrevation for anything).

Quote:
i guess when it's the first time you've beat UT in six years and only the second time in 32 tries in austin, you can be really proud.
Not sure where you got your stats but you should check them. 32 tries in austin would put it that all the way back to 1942 (64 years) since they alternate the game location every year and I don't think we played multiple times against each other for a long time, and A&M beat tu in Austin in 1956, 1976, 1980, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1994. So unless your only 11 years old you should remember many losses to A&M at Austin while you were growing up there.

TAMU Class of '83, wife's class of '85.
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07

#383131 - 30/11/06 01:50 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do remember a couple of those now, I was just repeating what ESPN had said about an hour before i posted that...I guess they need to check their shit, they must have been talking about when a team was ranked or something. you are right, A&M was the first state school in Texas. That automatically makes it a better school... [Freak] . The academics, sports, and the shittiness of the town it is in has no effect whatsoever [Finger] . (yes, I have been there multiple times...the people are nice, the place sucks..and don't get too upset, I'm not saying you're stupid, its all in good fun)

And just so you know, texas and A&M have played EVERY year since 1915 (from the official ncaa record books), and started the series in 1894 with the 3rd longest rivalry in college football. the record is 73-34-5 in favor of texas.

#383132 - 01/12/06 09:18 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
The only thing good to ever come out of College Stations is Freebirds and Wings and MOre.

#383133 - 02/12/06 05:20 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
The only thing good to ever come out of College Stations is Freebirds and Wings and MOre.
Mmmmnn... Freebirds burrito...

#383134 - 02/12/06 05:21 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Well so much for OSU v. USC...

If Florida wins tonight, it should be interesting who gets the #2 vote from the coaches... the Gators or the Wolverines?

As much of a mess the BCS is now... can you imagine what kind of POS the BCS would be if Ohio State had lost a game this year?

#383135 - 02/12/06 05:35 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:

If Florida wins tonight, it should be interesting who gets the #2 vote from the coaches... the Gators or the Wolverines?

As much of a mess the BCS is now... can you imagine what kind of POS the BCS would be if Ohio State had lost a game this year?
As it is right now, Michigan should have it hands down. Florida is behind - they better blow out Arkansas the rest of the game to hope to have #2.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#383136 - 02/12/06 06:22 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

If Florida wins, they better get the chance. Blow out or not. They deserve it. Michigan had their chance. Florida loss at the right time and Michigan didn't. That is supposed to be important criteria for this crappy system.

#383137 - 02/12/06 06:52 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well it looks like Florida just made things interesting. I'm torn between wanting an OSU michigan rematch and wanting to see someone else play OSU for the National Championship. michigan had their shot at OSU and if not for some poor play by other teams we wouldn't be having this conversation. An all Big-10 NC Game would be cool but I think I'd vote for Florida to go to the game.

Go Bucks!

#383138 - 02/12/06 07:08 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

GO BLUE!!! Michigan has one loss, to OSU by 3 points...other then that they have been great and because of that they should get their second shot at OSU. GO BLUE!

#383139 - 02/12/06 07:43 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Debating the merits of two worthy one-loss teams is exactly why the BCS is a big fat piece of

#383140 - 02/12/06 07:48 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
My prediction:

FLORIDA WILL BE NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOO GATORS!!!!!!

#383141 - 02/12/06 08:26 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Lizztastic:
My prediction:

GOOOOOOOO GATORS!!!!!!
Should they get to play OSU....not a chance.

If Florida gets to play OSU, does that make the Rose Bowl a Michigan/USC game? Or will LSU overtake USC to get to the Rose Bowl?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#383142 - 02/12/06 09:09 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

THANK YOU MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!

Y'all were scaring me for a while, but you pulled it out.

Looks like the CARDS are going to the Orange Bowl. Shame we have to play the weakest BCS team (Wake Forest), but hey, I'll take a win!

#383143 - 02/12/06 10:31 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lizztastic:
[b]My prediction:

GOOOOOOOO GATORS!!!!!!
Should they get to play OSU....not a chance.

if Florida gets to play OSU, does that make the Rose Bowl a Michigan/USC game? Or will LSU overtake USC to get to the Rose Bowl?[/b]
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/stewart_mandel/1 2/03/bowl.projections/index.html

According to SI.com's projections, if UF goes to Glendale, then it appears the Rose Bowl is a traditional Pac10-BigTen matchup of USC-Michigan... and a bunch of LSU fans bought tickets for the wrong bowl... :p

#383144 - 02/12/06 10:48 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Shame we have to play the weakest BCS team (Wake Forest), but hey, I'll take a win!
Said the fan from the "Big East." [LOL]

It'll be intersting to see how things shake out tomorrow.

#383145 - 02/12/06 10:52 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
if UF goes to Glendale, then it appears the Rose Bowl is a traditional Pac10-BigTen matchup of USC-Michigan...
If nothing else, at least we'd get the right matchup back in the Rose Bowl. Seeing anything but Big-10 v. Pac-10 in the biggest bowl of them all is what it must be liked to watch your sister get raped. It still makes me sick that Texas crapped all over it the last couple of years by just being there.

#383146 - 03/12/06 09:17 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

If anybody was able to stay up last night, Hawaii-Oregon State was actually a really good game. I only made it 'till about midway through the third quarter, however. Games on the rock suck for mainlanders. [ThumbsDown]

Page 13 of 18 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal