2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 14 of 18 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#383147 - 03/12/06 09:57 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
[b]Shame we have to play the weakest BCS team (Wake Forest), but hey, I'll take a win!
Said the fan from the "Big East." [LOL]
[/b]
Yep. The "weak" Big East that has 3 teams ranked higher than the best ACC school...

And if you like percentages... 37.5% of Big East schools are ranked higher than ALL the ACC schools...

I'd much rather get into the Sugar Bowl, to beat up on LSU. That'd be just as easy a win as over Wake, but it'd give us more "credit" in the eyes of the football gods.

#383148 - 03/12/06 01:43 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay Porsche, you convinced me - the Big East is better than the ACC this year. Congrats on the big achievement. [Freak]

It'll be interesting to see how the BCS bowls shake out this year. Florida or Michigan? Personally I think it should be Florida, though I think Michigan is the better team.

#383149 - 03/12/06 02:51 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Looks like the CARDS are going to the Orange Bowl. Shame we have to play the weakest BCS team (Wake Forest), but hey, I'll take a win!
[Spit] [Spit]

Louisville will not beat Wake.

#383150 - 03/12/06 04:07 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
[b]if UF goes to Glendale, then it appears the Rose Bowl is a traditional Pac10-BigTen matchup of USC-Michigan...
If nothing else, at least we'd get the right matchup back in the Rose Bowl. Seeing anything but Big-10 v. Pac-10 in the biggest bowl of them all is what it must be liked to watch your sister get raped. It still makes me sick that Texas crapped all over it the last couple of years by just being there.[/b]
[Freak]

Jealous that Texas provided two of the better games in Rose Bowl History? [Finger]

One against the Big 10 and one against the Pac 10 wink

or perhaps you are jealous that cal got shut out of the rose bowl two years ago and then promptly got slaughtered by OU?

#383151 - 03/12/06 04:11 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
Louisville will not beat Wake.
Right...

So you're saying Louisville won't beat a team that beat Duke by 1 point, NC State by 2 points, and North Carolina by 7 points?

Right...

Wake will be lucky if they get beat by less than 30 points.

#383152 - 03/12/06 04:13 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Okay Porsche, you convinced me - the Big East is better than the ACC this year. Congrats on the big achievement.
If it makes you feel any better, the Big East is 3rd behind the Pac-10 and the SEC. 3rd best conference out of 5 ain't too bad. And a huge step up from where we were two years ago before we joined the conference.

#383153 - 03/12/06 05:18 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
or perhaps you are jealous that cal got shut out of the rose bowl two years ago and then promptly got slaughtered by OU?
and Texas Tech. [Smoking]

#383154 - 03/12/06 05:25 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Well it's official...

Gators and Buckeyes for the title...

#383155 - 03/12/06 05:29 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Well it's official...

Gators and Buckeyes for the title...
As it should be. No reason seeing a rematch. Florida will probably get killed, but they deserve the chance.

This system sucks. A championship game and like 50 meaningless bowls. I wish everyone would only watch their teams and that's it. That will bring the ratings waaay down.

#383156 - 03/12/06 06:13 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]if UF goes to Glendale, then it appears the Rose Bowl is a traditional Pac10-BigTen matchup of USC-Michigan...
If nothing else, at least we'd get the right matchup back in the Rose Bowl. Seeing anything but Big-10 v. Pac-10 in the biggest bowl of them all is what it must be liked to watch your sister get raped. It still makes me sick that Texas crapped all over it the last couple of years by just being there.[/b]
[Freak]

Jealous that Texas provided two of the better games in Rose Bowl History? [Finger]

One against the Big 10 and one against the Pac 10 wink

or perhaps you are jealous that cal got shut out of the rose bowl two years ago and then promptly got slaughtered by OU?[/b]
I'm jealous of nothing, I just don't like seeing the grand prize for the Pac-10 and Big-10 given to a team from any other conference.

#383157 - 03/12/06 06:22 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

The old days of the Pac10 vs the Big10 are over for now. If anything gets changed it will probably be for a playoff system which would further dilute the chances of a traditional Pac10 champs vs Big10 champs game.

Go Bucks!

#383158 - 04/12/06 09:30 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
The old days of the Pac10 vs the Big10 are over for now. If anything gets changed it will probably be for a playoff system which would further dilute the chances of a traditional Pac10 champs vs Big10 champs game.

Go Bucks!
Not necessarily... see UM vs. USC

#383159 - 04/12/06 09:47 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some early lines I found:

BYU -5.5 vs Oregon
tOSU -8 vs Florida
USC PK vs Mich
LSU -8 vs ND
Okla -7 vs BSU
Louisville -10.5 vs Wake
Hawaii -8 vs ASU

#383160 - 04/12/06 10:11 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Tonka Ross Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC

#383161 - 04/12/06 02:08 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by GoBuX:
Quote:
[b]The old days of the Pac10 vs the Big10 are over for now. If anything gets changed it will probably be for a playoff system which would further dilute the chances of a traditional Pac10 champs vs Big10 champs game.

Go Bucks!
Not necessarily... see UM vs. USC[/b]
Is michigan the Big10 Champ? No. Refer back to my original statement.

#383162 - 04/12/06 02:40 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]The old days of the Pac10 vs the Big10 are over for now. If anything gets changed it will probably be for a playoff system which would further dilute the chances of a traditional Pac10 champs vs Big10 champs game.

Go Bucks!
Is michigan the Big10 Champ? No. Refer back to my original statement.[/b]
OK---> "The old days of the Pac10 vs the Big10 are over for now."

I wasn't aware that your original statement had "champ" in it. I believe the Rose will pick Big10 vs Pac10 if possible as is the case this year.

Since inception of BCS:
1999(*) Wisconsin-UCLA
2000(*) Wisconsin-Stanford
2001(*) Washington-Purdue
2002(X) Miami-Nebraska
2003(P10) Oklahoma-Washington State
2004(*) USC-Michigan
2005(B10) Texas-Michigan
2006(P10) Texas-USC
2007(*) USC-Michigan

#383163 - 04/12/06 02:52 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I believe the Rose will pick Big10 vs Pac10 if possible as is the case this year.
The Rose Bowl is Required to pick up any available Big 10 or Pac 10 team.

#383164 - 04/12/06 03:10 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

At least ya'll have a coach that's going to stay at your school. Apparently Leach might take a step sideways and go to ASU or take over the Maimi job. [Freak]

#383165 - 04/12/06 03:26 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I heard Norm Chow may go to ASU, but Leach wouldn't surprise me either. ASU isn't a sideways step - it has a lot of advantages over Tech (not least of all, it's one hell of a lot easier to recruit there). Miami has even more advantages, but the pressure would be higher there.

#383166 - 04/12/06 04:39 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
I hope not. No disrespect to Leach, but I want Jeff Fisher (with Chow as coordinator) if he gets the ax in Tennessee. But the way the Titans have been playing the last few weeks, I'm not sure either will get sent packing.

Man, I'm pretty torn on this BCS title game. On the one hand, I can see why Florida got the call. Michigan lost their last game of the season. Tradition dictates that if you lose that late in the season, you're out. Of course, that didn't stop Nebraska from being picked in 2001 despite losing their last 2 games, and they promptly got their ass handed to them (should have picked Oregon).

But, let's face it, Michigan is the better team. Their defense is stacked (disappeared against OSU, but that wasn't all that surprising), and the offense is a lot better then people give it credit for. Obviously, Hart is a stud. Henne makes plays when he needs to and doesn't make too many mistakes. Mario Manningham and Steve Breaston are one of the most potent receiving duos in the country, and the special teams are solid as well.

Florida on the other hand, just hasn't impressed me at all this year. The one game Michigan lost was to OSU, and that was a neck and neck race. Florida got pummeled by Auburn. Any Florida fan, Lizz included, knows Auburn pwned their ass. And let's face it, Auburn ain't Ohio State.

Mark my words. Florida is going to get their ass handed to them, shades of Miami v. Nebraska '01. Which can only be a good thing for the rest of us, and that will only continue the push to a playoff. Hopefully it will be sometime in my lifetime.

#383167 - 04/12/06 05:21 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
it's one hell of a lot easier to recruit there
ASU IS a lateral step. They haven't mattered in how long and even then... how much? Leach would be starting over again? They play in a weaker conference. If it's easier to recruit there, why has Tech out recruited them every year since at least 2002? West Texas football is like the high school football capital of the nation. With the facilities we're getting at Tech, recruiting will be even more easier. Besides, people who say that never been to Lubbock and have this preconceived idea. Sorry, I just don't buy into the whole recruiting b.s. If that was true, CU would have the number one recruiting class all the time and Notre Dame would be screwed.

As for Miami, it would obviously be a step up. But like you said, they have their problems and he'd always be in the spot light. He's got a great situation at Tech and he'd be stupid to leave. That's why we'll have Bobby Knight for at least 10 years.

#383168 - 04/12/06 05:43 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
They play in a weaker conference.
[LOL]

#383169 - 04/12/06 09:38 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

Go Bucks!
Is michigan the Big10 Champ? No. Refer back to my original statement.[/b]
OK---> "The old days of the Pac10 vs the Big10 are over for now."

I wasn't aware that your original statement had "champ" in it. I believe the Rose will pick Big10 vs Pac10 if possible as is the case this year.

Since inception of BCS:
1999(*) Wisconsin-UCLA
2000(*) Wisconsin-Stanford
2001(*) Washington-Purdue
2002(X) Miami-Nebraska
2003(P10) Oklahoma-Washington State
2004(*) USC-Michigan
2005(B10) Texas-Michigan
2006(P10) Texas-USC
2007(*) USC-Michigan

You are dense.

"...If anything gets changed it will probably be for a playoff system which would further dilute the chances of a traditional Pac10 champs vs Big10 champs game."

I mentioned champs.

Now back to the subject...

I think michigan beats USC easily this year.

Knight has been at Tech because no one else would have taken him at the time.

#383170 - 04/12/06 09:44 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Knight has been at Tech because no one else would have taken him at the time.
[Spit] Apparently you have forgotten all the schools interested in him then and now, but whatever makes you feel better. :rolleyes:

#383171 - 04/12/06 09:47 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

apparently you forgot what cost him his job at Indiana in the first place.

Page 14 of 18 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal