2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#383744 - 09/05/03 09:06 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
bn300 Offline

Loc: Buffalo, MN
Such a silly, silly man!
I say Wild in 5, but my bet to you is the Wild take the series.
Firth is out of the loop. I will (but I don't know how yet) get you you're Fat Tire. As if you will win. BWAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA! [Finger]

#383745 - 12/05/03 08:01 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Just watched Bob Clarke's press conference. No suprise, they will NOT be bringing Czechmanek back for next season, so look for Philly to be making a trade or signing a goaltender this offseason. Rob Esche may end up being the number one.

#383746 - 12/05/03 08:21 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
Just watched Bob Clarke's press conference. No suprise, they will NOT be bringing Czechmanek back for next season, so look for Philly to be making a trade or signing a goaltender this offseason. Rob Esche may end up being the number one.
Clarke's an idiot.

Chechmanek won the first round for them. Toronto and Philly played similar styles of grinding, pounding hockey, and goaltending helped them win.

Second round, against a fast, quick, hyper-accurate shooting and passing team like Ottawa? The defense was flat-footed and embarassed. No goalie in the world can stand up to a team that can make cross-ice passes in and out of the slot. Goalies just can't move laterally as quickly as a puck can . . . .

The defense crumbled under the speed and accuracy of the Senators.

Go ahead, keep the big, slow, strong defense, but bring in a new goalie. See how far it gets ya, Bobby . . . :rolleyes:

#383747 - 12/05/03 09:58 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Quote:
[b]Just watched Bob Clarke's press conference. No suprise, they will NOT be bringing Czechmanek back for next season, so look for Philly to be making a trade or signing a goaltender this offseason. Rob Esche may end up being the number one.
Clarke's an idiot.

Chechmanek won the first round for them. Toronto and Philly played similar styles of grinding, pounding hockey, and goaltending helped them win.

Second round, against a fast, quick, hyper-accurate shooting and passing team like Ottawa? The defense was flat-footed and embarassed. No goalie in the world can stand up to a team that can make cross-ice passes in and out of the slot. Goalies just can't move laterally as quickly as a puck can . . . .

The defense crumbled under the speed and accuracy of the Senators.

Go ahead, keep the big, slow, strong defense, but bring in a new goalie. See how far it gets ya, Bobby . . . :rolleyes: [/b]
Uuuhhh noooo. Czechmanek stated to the team that he no longer wished to stay in Philly because the fans hate him. So Clarke said he would accomodate and seek a trade. But it is 100% that he will not be back. And it would be more accurate to state that Belfour LOST the series for Toronto. Plus, a cross ice pass will work everytime if your Goalie is ten to fifteen feet to the other side of the net because he overplays everything. Yuskevich will also not be back, look for Therien to be gone as well. Last I looked, Wienrich, Ragnarsson, Johnsson, Desjardins, Vandermeer all hovered around 200 lbs and skate rather well. Yuskevich was playing with a grade three shoulder seperation. Desjardins was out. Therien is the only one you could POSSIBLY be describing. Do you want Czechmanek? You can have him. Regular season stats are fine and dandy. But having watched everygame in the regular season and the playoffs. The Roman that played in the regular season was NOT the Roman we saw in the playoffs.

#383748 - 12/05/03 10:07 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Uuuhhh noooo. Czechmanek stated to the team that he no longer wished to stay in Philly because the fans hate him. So Clarke said he would accomodate and seek a trade. But it is 100% that he will not be back. And it would be more accurate to state that Belfour LOST the series for Toronto. Plus, a cross ice pass will work everytime if your Goalie is ten to fifteen feet to the other side of the net because he overplays everything. Yuskevich will also not be back, look for Therien to be gone as well. Last I looked, Wienrich, Ragnarsson, Johnsson, Desjardins, Vandermeer all hovered around 200 lbs and skate rather well. Yuskevich was playing with a grade three shoulder seperation. Desjardins was out. Therien is the only one you could POSSIBLY be describing. Do you want Czechmanek? You can have him. Regular season stats are fine and dandy. But having watched everygame in the regular season and the playoffs. The Roman that played in the regular season was NOT the Roman we saw in the playoffs.
Sounds like you're describing Dan Cloutier . . . laugh

I don't want Chechmanek. But I don't think he's too bad. You're right, he does overplay everything. Did you watch Barry Melrose's analysis about that, too?

You can claim that the defense is light and quick, but the Senators still skated circles around them . . . okay, blame it on injuries. I still think the flyers need some more defensemen . . .

You're also right about Belfour. Eddie blew game 7 for the Flyers, no question. But I think Chechmanek kept the Flyers in the series long enough for Eddie to Fuck the Leafs!! [Finger]

God, I love saying that . . . laugh

BTW:

I still think Bobby Clarke's an idiot . . . laugh

#383749 - 12/05/03 10:16 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MBFlyerfan Offline

To tell you the truth I dont like Clarke either. Next year the Flyers will Probably dress Desjardins, Wienrich, Johnnson, Siedenberg, Woywitka, Vandermeer, and possibly Janne Pitkanen if they can get him signed.

I didnt see the Melrose thing but it was pretty obvious that Czechmo really tended to be over agressive. In the playoffs, where teams will be seeing you for at least 4 games in a row, that is very easy to capitalize on. Especially when you are faster. Truth is, Ottawa is just better, and that did make it slightly easier to take.

DIE MAPLE LEAFS!! laugh

#383750 - 12/05/03 10:24 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
[b]DIE MAPLE LEAFS!! laugh [/b]
See?

We agree on something . . .

Maple Leafs Suck!!!

#383751 - 12/05/03 02:55 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Why does Clarke still have a job in Philly? He is a total dumb ass. I know he was an awesome player, and brought the Cup to Philly, and all. Who cares now? He isn't on the ice. I so wish they would get rid of his ass!

#383752 - 12/05/03 04:37 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Why does Clarke still have a job in Philly? He is a total dumb ass. I know he was an awesome player, and brought the Cup to Philly, and all. Who cares now? He isn't on the ice. I so wish they would get rid of his ass!
Because in reality he is Ed Sniders son. More so than even his real children. Ed believes, rightly, that the majority of teams that Clarke has built on paper should have a chance to win every year. He is not on the ice. Many want it to happen (Clarke being fired), but it simply will not as long as Ed Snider owns and runs the team.

He drafts well, and has put together teams that have topped or been near 100 points the last 7 years. he put together the Florida team that went to the cup in 96, a Flyers team in 97 and put together the NorthStars team that went to the cup in (91?).Two of those teams that had no business being there. So he has done it with AND WITHOUT a large bankroll.

But that being said, most GM's wouldve been fired for the way he handled the Lindros situation, and for the coaching carousel we have had the last 5 or 6 years, AND for the numerous first round exits.

#383753 - 12/05/03 08:05 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
dano Offline

Loc: Ridgefield Park, NJ
Nothing for nothing, but you get rid of Cechmanek and who are you going to replace him with? I mean yeah oh well they lost in the second round, but look at the guys numbers for the season! 33-15 and 10 with a 1.88 GAA. There is nobody out there who can give Philly those kind of numbers in net that is available in my opinion.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

#383754 - 13/05/03 04:20 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dano:
Nothing for nothing, but you get rid of Cechmanek and who are you going to replace him with? I mean yeah oh well they lost in the second round, but look at the guys numbers for the season! 33-15 and 10 with a 1.88 GAA. There is nobody out there who can give Philly those kind of numbers in net that is available in my opinion.
Getting to the second round is not good enough, they expect to win every year. He doesnt want to be here anymore. Regular season stats mean squat. His teamates dont trust him. Veteran goaltenders whose contracts expire this year include Montreal's Jeff Hackett, Los Angeles' Felix Potvin, St. Louis' Chris Osgood and Fred Brathwaite. Four others still under contract who might be available include Calgary's Roman Turek, Tampa Bay's Nikolai Khabibulin, Buffalo's Martin Biron and Washington's Olaf Kolzig. Marty Turco and JS Giguere are both restricted but I dont see that happening. I think it may end up being Esche, who is not as spectacular, but always seems to make the saves he is supposed to make. Something you cant say about Cechmanek in any playoffs he has been in. Its not the great goals that sap a teams confidence, its the soft goals, and one a game in the playoffs doesnt cut it.

#383755 - 13/05/03 05:33 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MBFlyerfan Offline

Now getting back to the playoffs. The Ducks are going to the finals?!

After watching the first two games of this series, it seems to me that Minnesota has not been willing to pay the physical price to win. They shy away from contact in the corners, and Anahiem seems to win most battles because of this. How many time is Gaborik going to try an end to end rush only to get smacked or otherwise muted by Kieth Carney? Giguere hasnt even been tested. Plus the obvious observation, you cannot win giving up short handed goals, just ask the Flyers.

#383756 - 13/05/03 07:58 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
Quote:
Originally posted by bn300:
[b]Deal Brian!
IF I lose, Ian will send you the beer directly. From Denver. The Mile High City. Where it's tough to get a tee time because the Av's are F'ing [b]DONE!
[Finger] [/b]
Yeah its on now BN laugh

Ducks in 6![/b]
Don't you mean 4, Brian!!! GO DUCKS!!! Heheheh!!! Woo Hoo...

-Air B

#383757 - 14/05/03 10:41 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

3 games without scoring!!!!!!!!!!!!??? that has got to be an all time low. Hopefully they fire that asshole jacques

#383758 - 15/05/03 04:52 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
3 games without scoring!!!!!!!!!!!!??? that has got to be an all time low. Hopefully they fire that asshole jacques
Aw comon Claus, its their third year in the league and they are in the conference finals.

#383759 - 15/05/03 06:43 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
Funny. I seriously doubt they'll do anything other than give Jacque more money! [LOL]

Gosh, how must the Avs and the 'nuks feel knowing they got spanked by team that can't even fucking SCORE on the ducks?

Down by 3 games... we got 'em right where we want 'em! That's what my wife says, anyway.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#383760 - 15/05/03 07:40 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
JSG is the man! I don't know what got into him, but I don't think anyone is going to beat the Ducks. I think they will win the Cup. [Freak]

#383761 - 15/05/03 08:00 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Gosh, how must the Avs and the 'nuks feel knowing they got spanked by team that can't even fucking SCORE on the ducks?
Probably rich and forgetful.

I doubt they're feeling any pain over the early exits. I wonder who had their tee-time set up first, Sakic or Naslund?

Quote:
Down by 3 games... we got 'em right where we want 'em! That's what my wife says, anyway.
Considering what they did in coming from behind to beat Colorado and Vancouver, I'd say she's right!

Ducks are in for a world of hurt . . . laugh

#383762 - 15/05/03 09:37 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

I wonder what happened...3 games without goals!. has not happened since 1947. I say Ducks and Senators....Sens in 6

#383763 - 15/05/03 10:26 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Sloth Offline

Loc: MN
Now, is there any doubt that defense wins championships?

I was a little scared about this series from the start. The Wild haven't had good luck with the Ducks (I know they split this season, but look at the Ducks' scratches for those games). They play a system very much like the Wild do, and are playing it a lot better. Sit back, play defense first and wait for the other team to make a mistake. When you get your chances, you have to take advantage of them. That's when the goaltender is the trump card because you're relying on him to come through when those chances are given up. Not much you can do when you run into a goaltender on a roll and every other shot doesn't even make it to the net.

Very impressed with the Ducks team play and defense. Once again, this series could've been a lot different, but Giguere has been the difference (see shots, scoring chances or any other stat that shows that the Wild have actually out-played them).

It's been a heck of a year and a lot of fun! In my opinion, the Wild have nothing to hang their heads over.

Wild in 7!! wink

#383764 - 15/05/03 12:35 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

If Defence wins games, it does nothing for the game of Hockey. No doubt the Wild has had success with the style of Hockey but it is BORING to watch and not entertaining.

Having said that it would be fun to see them turn it around for a 3rd time.

#383765 - 15/05/03 12:39 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
If Defence wins games, it does nothing for the game of Hockey. No doubt the Wild has had success with the style of Hockey but it is BORING to watch and not entertaining.
Well, shit, why not just take the goalie out of the game, make the goal the size of a coffee can, and just let each team fire tons of shots? You can end up with a score in the triple-digits, just like basketball.

No bodychecks, no hard hits, no miraculous, acrobatic saves . . .

Won't that be kick-you-in-the-balls, gouge-your-eyes-out-with-a-wet-noodle fun?

Fucking A!

#383766 - 15/05/03 02:12 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

your point is?.

I like to watch open, hard hitting, high shot games with a few goon fights thrown in. Hell if I am going to pay $90 for a ticket and $7 for a cup of flat beer at least let me not fall a sleep.

#383767 - 15/05/03 02:41 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Sloth Offline

Loc: MN
I was actually referring to Anaheim. They play the trap even better than the Wild. Even your beloved Canucks went into a shell when they got a lead on us (see game #3 for example).

Well, maybe you're right, that was one boring-ass game. smile

#383768 - 15/05/03 02:47 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

well lemme illustrate what happened in the Canucks/ Wild series :

Wild Defence :

Canucks Goaltending :

Clear?

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal