2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#383594 - 18/04/03 05:10 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Elroy Offline

Loc: St Louis, MO
St Louis' checking line is manhandling the Canucks main line. Barret Jackman has been all over Bertuzzi, not allowing him to do anything.

Anyway, I'm off to watch the game. Hopefully I'll see the outcome that I want.

GO BLUES!!!

Heartland Xterra Owners Club

#383595 - 18/04/03 07:03 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MOLTAR Offline

Loc: richmond, va
can't believe the Caps are down 3-2. penalties have turned this series right around. game 3 - Jagr gets a penalty for roughing (hardly) after he takes a cheap shot to the chin in OT...

game 5 - Kolzig gets a penalty for a high stick, 4 mins, Tampa scores. down 2-1, the Caps try to clear the offensive zone, and just before Nylander gets to the blue line, he gets flipped over by a Tampa player. puck gets dumped in by the Caps. whistle blows. OFFSIDES? WTF? BULLSHIT.

Caps finally get a power play with all of 34 seconds left to play. thanks, ref. hella lotta good.

i'm getting sick of these "let 'em play" no-calls late in the game when the first part of the game is called tight.

#383596 - 18/04/03 11:15 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
The Stars have enjoyed Edmonton's lack of discipline, especially in the last game. That call on Kolzig was BS.

#383597 - 18/04/03 11:35 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

Well again, Canucks Blues goes to game 6. IT has NOTHING to do with goaltending and all to do with the teams ability to read them game. Canucks found the groove,although late it looks like the mixing and shooting more is paying off.

Sunday should be sun.

Graham, I'll tape it for yer and throw in a 6 pack of Granville Island Lager.....

#383598 - 19/04/03 06:21 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
The Stars should win tonite and move on to the next round which will be to feather the ducks. Lets hope the rest takes the team out of their grove. laugh

TB took a game from Washington it looks like this series will go down to 7 games.
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#383599 - 19/04/03 07:23 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MOLTAR Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
That call on Kolzig was BS.
Lecavalier skated into it. stupid MF...

#383600 - 19/04/03 07:30 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Originally posted by sean yeager:
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
[b]That call on Kolzig was BS.
Lecavalier skated into it. stupid MF...[/b]
Absolutely. The ref completely blew that call and I wont be suprised if we do not see hat guy in the next round. A follow through is a follow through, allowed by the rules. lecavalier was in the wrong place at the wrong time and the ref should be skinned for making that call. Go Tampa! I want the Flyers to play Ottawa in the next round. (if they win against Toronto of course wink )

#383601 - 19/04/03 08:59 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

I as well would like to see Tampa win. I have always hated the Caps for some reason. I don't know why, but I do. I can not hardly wait for the Stars game tonight. Go Stars!

#383602 - 19/04/03 11:00 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
XtremeFlyer Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA

#383603 - 19/04/03 09:14 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Bloodshot Offline

Loc: Dallas
Dallas is goin Duck huntin.
[LOL]

#383604 - 20/04/03 04:40 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
hattrik21 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloodshot:
Dallas is goin Duck huntin.
[LOL]
I want a thigh!!!!

Go Stars!!
www.TheNewX.org

#383605 - 20/04/03 01:11 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
dano Offline

Loc: Ridgefield Park, NJ
Ducks in 6 smile
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

#383606 - 20/04/03 04:31 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
dano Offline

Tampa Wins!!!

Devils-Tampa now. Bring 'em on smile
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile

#383607 - 20/04/03 04:44 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
hattrik21 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dano:
Ducks in 6 smile
Yeah right!!
www.TheNewX.org

#383608 - 20/04/03 05:04 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
dano Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by hattrik21:
Quote:
[b]Ducks in 6 smile
Yeah right!![/b]
In my opinion, Dallas is evenly rated with Detroit which should make this series no different than the Detroit-Ducks series. Truly going to come down to whose defense can prevail through the series. Detroit and Dallas both had a comparable Goals-For numbers through the season, but Detroits Goals Against average was horrible compared to Dallas (proving the Defensive breakdown, Legace anyone?). We'll see where Giguere's 1.24 GAA average can get the team this round.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile

#383609 - 20/04/03 05:05 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MOLTAR Offline

Quote:
Tampa Wins!!!

Devils-Tampa now. Bring 'em on smile
at least the Caps would have made a series out of Ottawa. Tampa's going out in 4.

either way, a BS call won games 3 and 4 for Tampa, and an lucky bounce to the stick of Andreychuk gave them the tying goal tonight. the interference call on Kono was total BS, too. he ties his guy up and takes a cross-check to the chin- refs "even things up" - and give a 4 on 4 instead of a Caps PP. the refs really helped Tampa steal that series. no way 3 Tampa forwards will beat a great defensive team.

#383610 - 20/04/03 05:10 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
dano Offline

I was only going for Tampa because I'm a Devil fan smile
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile

#383611 - 20/04/03 07:01 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

The Stars defense will be a little more tough on the Ducks, than Detroits was. It all comes down to JS though? Does he have another series like that in him? I sure hope not. laugh

How about those Canucks? Pushed it to a Game 7. That ought to be a great game.

#383612 - 21/04/03 06:38 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Bloodshot Offline

Loc: Dallas
The Stars are a better defensive team then the Red Wings and they are getting back 2 key players from injuries, Bill Guerin and Pierre Turgeon. Also no othere NHL players has scored more on the Ducks then Mike Madano. This should be a fun series. laugh

#383613 - 21/04/03 06:41 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
hattrik21 Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by hattrik21:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Ducks in 6 smile
Yeah right!![/b]
In my opinion, Dallas is evenly rated with Detroit which should make this series no different than the Detroit-Ducks series. Truly going to come down to whose defense can prevail through the series. Detroit and Dallas both had a comparable Goals-For numbers through the season, but Detroits Goals Against average was horrible compared to Dallas (proving the Defensive breakdown, Legace anyone?). We'll see where Giguere's 1.24 GAA average can get the team this round.[/b]
If Dallas is smart, they will learn from Detroits mistakes and use that to their advantage. The only thing the ducks can learn from the Dallas Edomonton series is that Dallas can play just as physical as the rest of the teams. Hopefully Dallas will get some key players back as well.

So anyone else think that NJ will have a 4 game sweep this next series??
www.TheNewX.org

#383614 - 21/04/03 08:15 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
Well again, Canucks Blues goes to game 6. IT has NOTHING to do with goaltending and all to do with the teams ability to read them game. Canucks found the groove,although late it looks like the mixing and shooting more is paying off.

Sunday should be sun.

Graham, I'll tape it for yer and throw in a 6 pack of Granville Island Lager.....
Yeah, the 'Nucks got lucky. I watched that game last night (on my future-father-in-law's 60-inch TV . . . very nice . . . considering he is from St Louis, he was very fun to watch the game with!).

The Blues manhandled the Canucks, again. Bertuzzi was ineffective, and so was Jovanovski. Too many of the goals were Osgood mistakes, he had a bad night (Naslund--bad bounce on soft rebound from Osgood. Sedin, another shitty rebound. And Jovanovski, shitty rebound). Only Ohlund's goal was a real good shot. The Canucks were able to capitalize on Osgood's mistakes, that's about it . . .

Cloutier made some nice stops, but that Weight PP goal in the third? Man, what a shitty defensive fuck-up.

I love the Canucks. But does anyone see any heart from these guys? They're technically sound, they're good, and they're winning. But where's the heart? The grinding? Fuck's sake, they ran Cloutier all night! They even let someone tackle Cloutier, after a whistle, and nothing was done!! For Christ's sake, guys, when someone fucks with your starting goalie, you make them pay! Someone should have been bleeding after that play. I love my Canucks, but damnit, they need to show a little heart and want to win . . . not wanting to lose is not the same thing . . .

I'm glad the Canucks won. And I will celebrate the win, and future wins. But I think the Blues let a golden opportunity pass. They stole defeat from the jaws of victory.

#383615 - 21/04/03 09:23 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

If you compare the effort from game 1 to now there is a world of difference. It has been proven that the style of hockey played by both teams makes it messy. I have to disagree with you on the lucky part. the 2 first periods were dominated by Canucks and should have yielded 2 more goals. 3rd period I can not even start to describe...let the beverage stains on my carpet do the talking.

Game 7 will be a killer. I think honestly that Canucks can pull this one off as it seems there is more momentum as the games progress. We will see

I will be watching the game from the Brew Pub at the Monte Carlo in Vegas Tuesday if anyone wants to join me.....

#383616 - 21/04/03 02:07 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Bassque Offline

Loc: St. Louis
The Blues have WAY more tallent and WAY more heart in those games to loose tomorrow night. The Blues will come away with a victory and I also predict that it will be 35 cent taco's in St. Louis on Wed. Those from STL know what I'm talking about smile Bertuzzzzi has been shut down pretty much. Nasland has had better games but honestly, they are all getting man handled by a rookie Jackman. Especially the B-Man.

The Blues have been having some consistancy issues in the 1st period this whole series. If they tighten that up, its all over for everyone else. If they continue to also let their PK slide, its all over for them. I guess we'll see tomorrow. Go BLUES!!!

#383617 - 21/04/03 02:23 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bassque:
The Blues have WAY more tallent and WAY more heart in those games to loose tomorrow night. The Blues will come away with a victory and I also predict that it will be 35 cent taco's in St. Louis on Wed. Those from STL know what I'm talking about smile Bertuzzzzi has been shut down pretty much. Nasland has had better games but honestly, they are all getting man handled by a rookie Jackman. Especially the B-Man.

The Blues have been having some consistancy issues in the 1st period this whole series. If they tighten that up, its all over for everyone else. If they continue to also let their PK slide, its all over for them. I guess we'll see tomorrow. Go BLUES!!!
I am afraid you will be paying the regular price for those Taco's after tomorrow. Canucks has not played it's best hockey during the playoff's BUT if you look at the pattern as the series has progressed you must be with out finger nails by now. I predict a 3-2 game for the Canucks tomorrow....

#383618 - 21/04/03 02:51 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MOLTAR Offline

anyone else notice that altima (and the other Red Wings fans) are staying out of sight???

Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal