shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#383935 - 22/10/06 02:10 AM what do you pay for a ticket to a game?
Claus Offline

NHL. MLB.NFL.NBA juast wondering

#383936 - 22/10/06 08:24 AM Re: what do you pay for a ticket to a game?
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
It depends of course. Speaking NFL, if I didn't hate the Falcons I could get a decent seat here in the Georgia Dome for $50 or less.

I've paid about $70 to see preseason games but only to get excellent seats that cost hundreds for regular season games. For example, 6 rows from the field at the goal line for the Saints and Packers at Lambeau Field in 2004 (pics here - you'll have to scroll down) or 4 rows from the field at the 10-yard-line in Tennessee for Saints-Titans a couple of months ago.

Paid $100 each for row 35 from the field in the corner to see the Saints mop the Superdome with the hated Falcons a few weeks ago, but only because we got tickets in May, long before all the game hype started. Pics here .

P.S. Check out seats.com , an excellent site that will show you the price range for tickets to all kinds of sports events. For example, tickets for next week's Saints-Ravens game range from $78 to $535.

#383937 - 22/10/06 10:07 AM Re: what do you pay for a ticket to a game?
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Seats.com along with tickettrader.com stubhub, tickets now and most on line broker sites are nothing more than a hub for which every broker who is a paying member of that site is able to upload his tickets and when they are sold the host makes money because they have marked up the tickets a certain percentage.

90% of the time, when you are buying online from a random site, you are paying more than you would have had you just picked up the phone and purchsed the tickets through a local brick and mortar broker. The guy in LA will have the best price on Dodger tickets and the guy in Arizona will have the best price on Suns tickets.

For national events is a little different because certain people have different connections through different sources and organizations.

I've paid $40,000 for 10 Superbowl tickets from a complete stranger. I've paid $15,000 for a 20 person suite to the MLB all star game in Boston. I had a guy buy a pair of courtside Lakers tickets from me for a game 6 Finals for $20,000 a ticket.

Fans will do crazy things.

#383938 - 22/10/06 01:54 PM Re: what do you pay for a ticket to a game?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love going to sporting events, but I refuse to pay ANYTHING but face value. It's not worth it to me when I can sit at home on my couch, have all the free beer/food I want, and have a better view of the action and all the instant replays. Why pay for something when I can get more out of it viewing it from home? Yes, you don't get the atmosphere of being there, but I've been to enough sporting events to have had the "atmosphere" I like the ability to get up and use my own shitter after eating a pot of chili and drinking a case of beer laugh

#383939 - 22/10/06 02:16 PM Re: what do you pay for a ticket to a game?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went to the Penn State game last weekend with two of my friends. Both had tickets and I needed to buy one from a scalper. We ended up paying $100 for the ticket (her first offer was $150), we split paying for it three ways because I drove them up and back. I figure I got a good deal considering some people were selling them for around $200.

#383940 - 22/10/06 06:48 PM Re: what do you pay for a ticket to a game?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
I hardly ever pay for tickets, but when I do... I won't spend more than face value. Even then, I have to really really really want to go to that game. Today, we "got" tickets for the Texans game. The face value was $250. eek Like I'd every spend that much on a ticket.

#383941 - 23/10/06 06:51 AM Re: what do you pay for a ticket to a game?
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Ebay, Ebay, Ebay. There's always people on there dumping tickets because they can't go to the game. I've bought tickets for a third of what I'd pay for them from Ticketmaster. [ThumbsUp]

#383942 - 23/10/06 06:54 AM Re: what do you pay for a ticket to a game?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Game 2 NBA Finals , 2 seats, 1st row of second level in American Airlines arena in Dallas= $700

I remember going to Astros Games in the Astrodome, and paying $4 for bleacher seats.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal