shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#385291 - 15/11/07 02:41 PM Barry Bonds indicted
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Link to article...

Quote:
Barry Bonds was indicted Thursday on perjury and obstruction of justice charges, culminating a four-year federal investigation into whether he lied under oath to a grand jury looking into steroid use by elite athletes.

The indictment is here .

JeffW isn't going to be very happy about this.

#385292 - 15/11/07 03:23 PM Re: Barry Bonds indicted
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ya'll just hate him 'cause he's a brother...

#385293 - 15/11/07 03:49 PM Re: Barry Bonds indicted
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hope the cheater goes to jail.

#385294 - 15/11/07 04:11 PM Re: Barry Bonds indicted
Anonymous
Unregistered

This steroids witch hunt is all BS. If you want to poison your body, have at it. If it gives you an advantage, so what, you will pay for it later. Just don't ask us, the taxpayers to pay to fix your sorry ass.

#385295 - 15/11/07 05:16 PM Re: Barry Bonds indicted
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by WineGuyX:
Ya'll just hate him 'cause he's a brother...
[Spit] [ThumbsUp]

#385296 - 15/11/07 06:49 PM Re: Barry Bonds indicted
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA

:rolleyes:

#385297 - 15/11/07 07:38 PM Re: Barry Bonds indicted
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I hope Bonds and the Juice share the same cell together.

WineGuyX -

How about b/c Bonds is a pompous, arrogant ass?

Eric P.-

Problem with 'roids is it ruins all legitimate records. Yeah, you still gotta hit the ball, but to be able to play at full strength, day in and day out, is not natural. Especially at Bonds' age.

S.

#385298 - 15/11/07 08:48 PM Re: Barry Bonds indicted
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonecoldchavez:
Problem with 'roids is it ruins all legitimate records. Yeah, you still gotta hit the ball, but to be able to play at full strength, day in and day out, is not natural. Especially at Bonds' age.
It is perfectly natural that humans evolved to develope drugs to enhance performance. What unnatural is denying this evolutionary step in human history. We have developed drugs of all sorts to enhance our life. Roids just happen enhance an athelete's life with quicker recovery. I see no problem with them.

Is this any different from engineering enhancing sports equipment? I don't hear many people talk about how that ruins records. The rules of the game have changed over time. Maybe after each change when a record is broken, you have an * to denote the record was broken, but with different rules.

He will not go to jail for drugs. They will try to send him to jail for purjury. As long as he insists he didn't know what was in the injections, he will be found not guilty.

#385299 - 16/11/07 05:28 AM Re: Barry Bonds indicted
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uhhh...'roids are illegal, period (whether they should be or not it doesn't matter), and baseball has rules against them. Therefore the asshole cheated, then lied about cheating, and should rot in jail for a long time for thinking he's above the law.

#385300 - 16/11/07 05:34 AM Re: Barry Bonds indicted
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Uhhh...'roids are illegal, period (whether they should be or not it doesn't matter), and baseball has rules against them. Therefore the asshole cheated, then lied about cheating, and should rot in jail for a long time for thinking he's above the law.
Bingo!! Well said...and in the inditement (sic?) it even shows he tested positive for steroids and then lied about it...

#385301 - 16/11/07 09:56 AM Re: Barry Bonds indicted
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Bonds indictment is not about whether or not he used riods - but whether or not he lied to a grand jury while the feds were trying to nail BALCO.

The REAL case here is BALCO and the feds were trying to get evidence against a distributor.

How common is it that the fed go after a CUSTOMER after they already nailed the distributor?

This case is a career maker for some lawyer and its high profile, otherwise it wouldn't have gotten this far.

with that said, I really hope he retires from baseball and goes to jail for lieing He's really an a** and someone has to put him in his place.

#385302 - 16/11/07 06:04 PM Re: Barry Bonds indicted
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't piss on barry if he was on fire for fear of putting him out.

#385303 - 16/11/07 10:51 PM Re: Barry Bonds indicted
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Damn Californians!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal