shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#388142 - 11/02/02 10:11 AM EOE Mod Party 2/10/02
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well,
I brought the beer, Todd brought the parts, Nick, Carlos, and Damian brought tools. Oh, i brought Minervini, and Carlos brought Oleg, and Rich B. brought Matchbox Xterra's!!! way to go rich!! wink

We started off the day by pulling my truck in the bay. Todd, Rich M. and myself took off my pushbar and bumper to mount the ARB. At the same time, Nick and Oleg were helping Damian do his AAL's.

My ARB fit pretty well, one of the holes didn't line up, so Todd had to grind it. No biggie.

While Nick and Damian were finishing up Damian's truck, Oleg and I started on my AAL install. Went in with no problem.

While doing that, Nick ran to McDonald's and brought back lunch. Man, that was the BEST $8.00 chicken nugget value meal ever!!! YUMMY!!!

All the while, Carlos had backed his truck into the bay, and was working on his AAL's. While Oleg and Carlos were doing Carlos' AAL, He-Man Nick and I were doing my passenger side with ratchets. (no wonder i'm sore today!!) While finishing that, we hear the dremel tool and see sparks FLYING!!
Oleg is under Carlos' truck cutting off the lower shock bolt. Seems that the bolt had stripped.

Nick and I finished my passenger side AAL, and now onto the T-Bars. We start on the driver's side. The top two nuts were NOT loosening, so we just decided to crank the bolt. Turned it 10 times. Then on to the passenger side. The top nut came off with ease, but the bold was NOT moving! WD40 to the rescue!!! After letting that sit for about 10 minutes, it moved with ease. Another 10 turns.

Oleg and Carlos are trying to get a nut to fit the plate. Nick ends up running to Sears with Damian, but to no avail, Sears has NOTHING. At 6:10, Oleg wants to go to the auto parts store, which is not open that late, especially on a Sunday.

So Carlos' X was sitting there on the jack stands. Damian left, Todd's long gone, and we're sitting there almost dead in the water.

Admittedly so, I was getting a little ansy, and needed to get home. I had plans w/ the wife, and I was running late. We assessed the situation, and we came to a decision that it was safe for Carlos to move his truck without the one shock on (about 20') so I could get my truck out and go home.

After this, I don't know what happened, so someone fill in the rest.

#388143 - 11/02/02 12:19 PM Re: EOE Mod Party 2/10/02
Dayspring Offline

Loc: Greenwood IN
Well, after Ari left, we backed Carlos's truck into the bay. Oleg and Rich went on a hour ride to/from Home Depot in an effort to get Carlos's passenger rear shock bolted on. While they were gone, Carlos and myself cranked MORE torsion bars, and waited the daring duo's return. Rich get's back, and oleg attempts to blast our one remaining good shock nut on. Stripping that, and the bolt, Rich gets underneath, cuts off the now-smooth threads and we attempt something. Taking a lug from each rear tire, we bolt the shocks to their mounts. (Who'd a thunk) Carlos drove home, and all he has to do is grab 2 nuts from the hardware store to replace the ones we kinda killed. All in all, a good day. I'm itching for a mod now, but I want to finish the mastercard mod first...

#388144 - 11/02/02 01:19 PM Re: EOE Mod Party 2/10/02
Xterra Rick Offline

Loc: Malta NY
Quote:
Originally posted by njX:

Admittedly so, I was getting a little ansy, and needed to get home. I had plans w/ the wife, and I was running late.

Did you at least make it home to the Mrs. on time?? Or did she yell at you and send you to your room? I know I would have definately been in the pentalty box if I was late.

#388145 - 11/02/02 01:48 PM Re: EOE Mod Party 2/10/02
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterra Rick:

Did you at least make it home to the Mrs. on time?? Or did she yell at you and send you to your room? I know I would have definately been in the pentalty box if I was late.

yes and no...i made it home in time to not eat alone...but too late for her to make dinner...SO, i MADE her climb into my truck so we could go pick up chinese food...

BTW, i saw your sig, and almost passed out!!!! wink

#388146 - 12/02/02 10:35 AM Re: EOE Mod Party 2/10/02
Xterra Rick Offline

Loc: Malta NY
Quote:
Originally posted by njX:

BTW, i saw your sig, and almost passed out!!!! wink

You like that.........I find myself saying that way too often!
:p

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal