shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#388206 - 24/03/04 04:51 AM First Time Out
Anonymous
Unregistered

My buddy is taking me out to Paragon for the first time in a couple weeks. I was wondering if anybody had some advice for someone who's pretty green on the trails. (I got the basics as far as taking off the rails and mudflaps)From what he says we will be taking it easy but I was wondering what easy consits of at Paragon.

Thanks Gang
-J

#388207 - 24/03/04 08:44 AM Re: First Time Out
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I honestly couldn't tell ya about Paragon cause I haven't been yet but a few of us from Nexterra and NJAX are going in June on the weekend of the 12th if ya wanna join then as well...There's a thread about it in the both the New Jersey area nad New England....

But remember no matter which trail your on take it easy and use caution..Also don't be affraid to get out and look at an obstical before attempting it,that'll help on your approachment of that obstical..try to have a spotter for going over that obstical they can see more than you'll be able to...Have a tow strap.your bound to get stuck everyone does..;)most of all have fun with it... [ThumbsUp]

#388208 - 24/03/04 08:53 AM Re: First Time Out
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Paragon is pretty well-rated, and from what I've seen so far in a few trips there, a stock X is up to any "green" trail and with a little common sense and guidance you can handle blue-1 and blue-2 trails.
Just treat any mudhole with great respect, they can be quite deep without looking so. There's one in particular on Outer Spare Tire (just after the stream crossing heading counter-clockwise) that is in the main trail line that will swallow you right up, last time I was there a bypass was just starting to be established.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal