2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#388436 - 03/09/07 07:31 AM NJAX Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys. I went over to sign up at NJAX and the page was all jacked up once I hit 'submit' after entering everything. I'm a member of UNYX and NEXTERRA, but am moving to Toms River in 3 weeks and thought I'd drop in and say Hi. I already know several of the members and have heard stories about some of the others laugh .....

I'd like to join you if you do the Pines. [ThumbsUp]
Hope to run into you guys soon.
Pepper

#388437 - 03/09/07 08:04 AM Re: NJAX Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

Theres a run to the pines in Oct (13th?) If you need help navigating around Toms River lemme know I work in Lakewood which is about 5 mins from you!

#388438 - 03/09/07 08:43 AM Re: NJAX Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very cool. Thanks!!! I'll be in Toms River on September 25th to settle in. The thing is, I don't have the exact address yet (I work thru a travel nursing company and they're renting me a 2 bedroom cottage a couple blocks from a beach). The commute from my place to Community Hospital is about 20 mintes, she said.....so I am not sure what town I'll be in. I lived out in Cherry Hill for 9 years before moving to Alaska for 4. I love NJ. I spent a LOT of time in Avon and Neptune on the beaches (they were more quiet than the others) I hope I'm close to Avon. I'll know for sure this week.

I look forward to the Pine run. Keep me posted!!!! smile

#388439 - 03/09/07 10:24 AM Re: NJAX Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know I don't belong here....so flame away if you must.

But do Xterra's come equipped with left turn signals in your area?

Yes, that was one of the really crazy things I learned in the Toms River area when I was up there for business last year.

What's up with the no left turns? I have to admit its ingenious, but definitely makes you think differently...

#388440 - 03/09/07 03:04 PM Re: NJAX Site
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
AhahahaA!!!! We call them "jug handles" in these parts.

Stone

#388441 - 03/09/07 04:03 PM Re: NJAX Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

Along rt. 70 / 88 area it sucks. Some are jughandles and some are left turns. Theres even a few near my work that say "u and left turn only" and then you get there and it says no u turn. Go figure. I've never been down south so I can't bash you's yet but I hear its ve r r r y y y s l o w down there. And I have some customers down there and they always want to talk..who's got time for that? haha

#388442 - 04/09/07 04:49 AM Re: NJAX Site
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
We do not make left turns in deference to NASCAR.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#388443 - 04/09/07 10:08 AM Re: NJAX Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

I still think that NASCAR should be like this:

Everyone practices, time trials, etc, then about 1/2 hour before race time the officials hold a coin toss to see whether that race will be CW, or CCW.

Yes, I realize the cars are set up for CCW, but that would make the race a whole lot more interesting if the engineers didn't know which way the car was going to have to turn throughout the race.

#388444 - 04/09/07 09:10 PM Re: NJAX Site
TJ Offline

That WOULD spice things up a bit.

laugh

Maybe some days also dump sand all over the track too...you know, to see how well they can drift, etc.

Jersey barriers, randomly placed, like bumpers for pool....make them work to build speed a bit more...

A few water traps, maybe some rocky sections....hmmm...each driver can carry a can of mace?

I bet the ratings would reflect the changes.

[Smoking]

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

#388445 - 06/09/07 03:56 PM Re: NJAX Site
ripcurl2151 Offline

Loc: NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
We do not make left turns in deference to NASCAR.
good one TJ

the site seems to be back up and running again. jorge was switching servers, which is probably why it was down. what's this i hear about a run to the pines on the 13th? i'll be heading out to rausch in PA the weekend before with my brother and maybe a couple other guys. got any mods yet?

btw...i work in toms river so maybe i'll see you around. a cottage by the beach could mean something on the lagoon in toms river or something in seaside.

#388446 - 06/09/07 05:25 PM Re: NJAX Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually, I found out I'll in fact be living in Avon. The commute was said to not be too bad, as I travel against traffic and will be working at Community from 11a-7p, so I'll be driving in the off hours. I don't have to take call, sooo......that rocks.

I was wondering about beach wheelin' in NJ...is there any allowed?

And if you were asking me about the mods, yes, I do. I have some small ones (diff breather, etc) and I have 33" Cooper Discoverer STTs and a 3" Calmini lift (shackles and AAL and spacers in the front)

Of course, I never pass up an opportunity to post pics of my X, cuz I am so in love with it....sooooo, here it is. Sorry. I can't help myself. Mine's the one on the right. :p

Thanks to the two of you that live nearby for offering info and stuff. I hope to get up and running on the website and look forward to that run to the Pines.

~Pepper

#388447 - 06/09/07 05:31 PM Re: NJAX Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can wheel on the beach in places like Lavalette, Ortley, Chadwick, etc. Theres a STRICT speed limit of like 10 MPH and the beaches are somewhat small. You also have to obtain a beach buggy permit for 35 bucks or so PER BEACH so your limited to one area per permit. The permits allow you to drive on the beach but it's mainly sold for surf fishing during the off season. I used to do it but got a boat since and didn't care anymore. I don't have a boat anymore but still thinking about surf fishing again. Theres a TON of little spots to go wheeling down there and Avon is a nice area so your lucky. I know ripcurl lives down there also..if your all interested lemme know we'll meet up somewhere and go wheeling somewhere..

Edit..I just saw that he already told ya he lives down there..oops.

The run to the pines is one of those "perserve the land" runs..TJ knows more about it than I do. I THINK it's the 13th but not positive. We'll def. go though if your all down.

#388448 - 06/09/07 07:12 PM Re: NJAX Site
ripcurl2151 Offline

avon is a nice, small town. my boss lives there. it's right on the beach.

the pine barrens run must be their annual cleanup. your X looks sweet. let me know if you're interested in going out to Rausch Creek at all. It's pretty much the best wheeling you'll get around here. it's about 2.5 hr drive...usually camp or stay at a hotel.

i'd be up for a local run too. i really don't know all the "little spots" around. i use to know one, but from what i've heard the cops have gotten serious after a couple ATVers died

#388449 - 06/09/07 07:30 PM Re: NJAX Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks! Yeah, when I lived in Cherry Hill, I drove to Avon By The Sea ALL the time. I'm actually living in the neighborhood we drove thru to get to the boardwalk!

I love Rausch! I have been there 4 times since january. I was at ECXC, too. I have a run there on October 20 and 21....feel free to join us. We're all still arguing about camping vs Days Inn. I've done equal amounts of both. I just don't know what the weather will be like. I saw you said you were going with some people the beginning of October??? My boyfriend and I may want to join you. He drives a Jeep....though it's broken right now. (go figure...it's a heap)

I'm up for any run within a few hours' drive.

Thanks for the compliment on the X. smile

#388450 - 07/09/07 09:05 AM Re: NJAX Site
k_enn Offline

Loc: Northern New Jersey
Hey Pattey, I think I had heard several years ago that it was possible to go on the beach at Sandy Hook National Seashore. You may need a permit to do that if it is still allowed. Mikkaa over at NJAX used know about that area.

Avon -- you're be only about an hour down the parkway from me. If/when you come up to the NYC area let me know, and I'll let you know when I am heading down your way.

Hey, with the new Xterra owners on the boards (NJAX, here, etc.), maybe we can schedule a meet and greet dinner some time. We used to have them every month or so several years ago.

k_enn

#388451 - 07/09/07 01:41 PM Re: NJAX Site
TJ Offline

Kenn - Great idea...no one knows who half the members are anymore, etc.

(Hi Pattey!)

So - with everyone on 27 forums...its a PITA to gather the flock for a get-together.

Maybe a mod day too.

laugh

#388452 - 07/09/07 03:41 PM Re: NJAX Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ken, great idea on the meet and greet. I'm missing one tonight with the LINXC guys cuz I'm heading to MA wicked early in the morning and I'm about 2 hours north of LI right now. You are more than welcome to come down and I'll probably be coming up to NYC sometime around Xmas.

And if the October 13th Pines clean up is really happening, maybe I'll run into you there. I plan on going. And you'll be at Rausch on the CC weekend, right??? I can't WAIT! You guys haven't seen Pete all modded in person yet!

TJ...hey! I have seen you a couple times at UNYX. Are you going to the B2SIII at Scott's? Seems like there's going to be a ton of people.

Hope to get squared away at NJAX...but if not, I really want to go to the Pines in October...so you guys keep me posted ok? [ThumbsUp]

#388453 - 07/09/07 05:11 PM Re: NJAX Site
ripcurl2151 Offline

i live about 5 mins from sandy hook. as far as i know, you can't drive on the beaches there. another spot where i'm pretty sure you can though is island beach state park. it's in seaside...not too far from avon.

i know we're all too spread out as it is, but if you ever get bored a bunch of us are on FAT4x4.com too

#388454 - 07/09/07 05:28 PM Re: NJAX Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool. I know Mike Wolfhope from another club I belong to. I knw he's there. I met a few others at Rausch once when our clubs crossed paths and we watched Mike coming UP Yellow Jacket Ridge. Our guys went down it once he passed. We even had a crazy guy in a stock Jeep do it. With a little tiny bit if damage to his fender.

Kenn did it too....I have pictures! :p

#388455 - 08/09/07 07:10 PM Re: NJAX Site
TJ Offline

I'm out of rotation for a bit...the wife's taken a turn for the worse...so my time's been shot to hell.

frown

I'm trying to get free though, so I haven't counted my self out yet.

There's also a NIORA run set for the weekend of Oct 22 I'm down for.

laugh

#388456 - 08/09/07 08:11 PM Re: NJAX Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

I may actually have my sliders sooner than thought!! Someone posted in the for sale forum and I made an offer..just waiting on a shipping quote so I can paypal him the money..In that case if we have a mod day maybe I'll put them on them along w/ some other little crap I been meaning to do here and there. Then I'm down for RC..still like to stick to the stock trails. As some of you know I just bought a house and I can't afford to break anything right now.

#388457 - 09/09/07 05:14 AM Re: NJAX Site
CK Offline

Loc: Exton, PA
[drink] Howdy

#388458 - 09/09/07 07:12 PM Re: NJAX Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave] Hey CK.

TJ...hope your wife's ok. I work in the operating room as a surgical assistant, so when I hear someone's sick, it makes me sad....as making people better is pretty much why I get up every day. I'll pray she gets better.

NOIRA run.....October 22nd? Hmmmmmmmm..... smile

#388459 - 09/09/07 08:59 PM Re: NJAX Site
TJ Offline

Thanks Man!

laugh

#388460 - 10/09/07 01:34 PM Re: NJAX Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

:p not a man, TJ!

[LOL] I get that a lot. One time I made plans to meet someone from one of my clubs at Rausch the night before a run (to camp)...and it was all through PMs...and then the day we left, I called him and he was SOOOOOO confused to hear my voice!!! It was hysterical!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal