shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#388769 - 26/08/01 09:49 AM more driving impressions
njxterra Offline

Loc: Rutherford NJ
i got to spend some time alone with the X yesterday and i am even more happy with our choice in getting it. i just drove around town and on the highway and really liked how it handled.
with the interior, i really, really like how it's no bs. i've never been one for bells and whistles and luxury items in a vehicle.
i find myself looking at it everytime i take the dog for a walk. it just looks bad a$$ in black and is gonna look even badder with the 31's and brush grill. first thing i'm getting for it are the seat covers from nissan because of dog hair and i dont want my son spilling anything on the seats.
time to go drive the x again!
later

#388770 - 26/08/01 07:36 PM Re: more driving impressions
SurfX Offline

Loc: Jackson,N.J.
Just washed and vacuumed mine yesterday.. Went surf fishin today,full of sand. It's a truck, a toy,clean it when it gets dirty,enjoy. Dog hair? vacuum!!!! or do you wanna get rid of the dog. Enjoy the new rig. Cleanin is easy when you got the best lookin SUV around.

#388771 - 26/08/01 07:56 PM Re: more driving impressions
njxterra Offline

dog hair aint a problem when i can keep up with it. no cant get rid of the dog. put her in the x for the first time today and she was all xcited. she did have a hard time jmping into the back as it is higher then the jeep we had. but once she got in there it was "take me for a ride" ya know , tounge hanging out and stuff. but dammit i love my dog but hate when she slobbers on the windows

#388772 - 27/08/01 06:48 AM Re: more driving impressions
njxterra Offline

we have a yellow lab so i know what youre talking about. i have to use a roller every morning b4 i go to work

#388773 - 27/08/01 08:10 AM Re: more driving impressions
Tony Napolitano Offline

Loc: Franklin Square, NY
Hey NJ...same truck and same dog. My X is 3 weeks old (2001 SE Super Black), my yellow lab (Brando - 110 lbs.) is 2 years old. Only thing is...I don't have the balls to put him in the truck yet! I've seen what he does to my wifes car!

All the best,
Tony

#388774 - 27/08/01 08:57 AM Re: more driving impressions
njxterra Offline

molly is 80 pounds and 5 years old. had to help her in a little bit. guess you know about the hair problem with a yellow lab!

#388775 - 27/08/01 11:27 AM Re: more driving impressions
Tony Napolitano Offline

We should try and hook up one weekend. Bring the family...including dogs. Some place where the dogs can get some exercise. It would also be a great photo shoot...2 Black X's w/ yellow labs side by side! That would be a great shot for the photo section.

#388776 - 27/08/01 06:14 PM Re: more driving impressions
njxterra Offline

that would be fun. i just dont think i could get molly to stand still enough to take a pic!
where is franklin square anyways?

#388777 - 27/08/01 06:30 PM Re: more driving impressions
Tony Napolitano Offline

Franklin Square is located in Long Island, NY. It's not to far inland so NYC / NJ is not a far ride. Traveling towards your way would be great if you know of any places to meet. This weekend I'm driving the X to Ocean City MD for a Labor Day weekend softball tornament. Maybe some weekend in September I'll head your way if your available. Maybe some others can make it also. Down here there is nothing but beaches...no 4 wheeling!

As for taking a picture with the dogs...I know I'll have to attach the leash to the bumper to make Brando stay!

Also...picked up one of those 3M lint rollers today for the dogs hair...yes, I finally took him for a ride...works great!

#388778 - 27/08/01 06:48 PM Re: more driving impressions
njxterra Offline

hey tony,
thats funny you r heading to ocean city this weekend. we are heading to delaware. did you get a dog gate for the X? the one i was gonna get from overlander.com we found at petco for 20 bucks less. we know some places to let the dogs run. heres my email so we dont flood the board with this stuff
nj0814@yahoo.com
take care man
don

#388779 - 27/08/01 09:04 PM Re: more driving impressions
MeWantSnow! Offline

Loc: Sparta, NJ
Ken has the Petco Dog Gate...it stays VERY secure...even though I don't have a dog, I was thinking of getting it just incase something decides to come loose in the rear compartment of my X while offroading.

Have fun in MD and DE!!!

Rich

#388780 - 28/08/01 01:29 PM Re: more driving impressions
Tony Napolitano Offline

Thanks Rich...it should be nice in MD. Just hope the weather is nice!

I was thinking about the gate myself. Waiting to hear if Don installed it and his comments overall.

All the best,
Tony

#388781 - 28/08/01 04:10 PM Re: more driving impressions
njxterra Offline

I installed it. Not quite sure if some thumb screws were missing though. all in all wnet in easy. didnt have to use the longer bars and i think we should have got the extensions so if we plan on putting the seat down, molly cant get out of it.
i guess the real test is this weekend when we have her in there for 2 hours. chaun (the g/f) spoiled molly and got her a dogbed for the back of the X. so she should be quite happy back there........i hope

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal