shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#389474 - 30/07/07 06:36 PM Depressing
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just went back to the NJAX site..my login didn't even exist anymore. I made a new one but I don't know why.. smile

#389475 - 30/07/07 07:02 PM Re: Depressing
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's still there. NJAX

#389476 - 31/07/07 08:04 AM Re: Depressing
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Damn there's alot of spam on there. Looks like they're not keeping on that site.. wink

#389477 - 31/07/07 02:44 PM Re: Depressing
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The site is a ghost town lately...no one is maintaining it, nothing but spam and a few plaintive "Anyone there?" type messeges.

Used to be a decent site/good people.

Most of them have seemingly migrated to other sites, like NIORA and Fat4x4, Xterrafirma, etc.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#389478 - 01/08/07 10:11 AM Re: Depressing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was a great site at one time, the people on it actually took there trucks off-road! eek I think most of them have grown up and moved on. Those of us that haven’t are on the local sites TJ mentioned;
NIORA; http://www.niora4x4club.com/
FAT4X4; http://fat4x4.com/bulletin/index.php
Xterrafirma; http://xterrafirma.com/
Also;
UNYX; http://www.unyxterra.com/
NeXterra; http://nexterra.2.forumer.com/index.php?act=idx
Check them out for future runs and join us! laugh

#389479 - 06/08/07 07:44 PM Re: Depressing
dano Offline

Loc: Ridgefield Park, NJ
Most people have just gotten rid of their X's. None of the founding members of NJAX own an X anymore and as they disappeared, not many people stepped in and replaced them.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

#389480 - 07/08/07 11:29 AM Re: Depressing
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Who is the latest to get rid of their Xterra?

Stone

#389481 - 07/08/07 12:00 PM Re: Depressing
Anonymous
Unregistered

What makes me wonder is...How could you so into your xterra at one point and then get rid of it? I don't have kids on the way just yet but don't see why I wouldn't be able to keep an X w/kids...gas prices maybe?

#389482 - 07/08/07 02:52 PM Re: Depressing
TJ Offline

Well, Steve still wheels his X, if its not rainy, and if there's no Eagles game, and his wife lets him...Steiny has his SAS'd and he wheels it, I have mine, Jorge flipped his at MOAB and bought a Jeep...and he wheels with the X people anyway...and a few others...

From what I can tell, the NJAX attrition was a lot due to the attention Jorge and Steve put into the Nor' Easter, and alot due to the proliferation of OTHER groups...

I see a lot of the same people, just now I see them at Nor' Easter, ECXC, Fat4x4, NIORA, The New X, etc.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

#389483 - 07/08/07 04:56 PM Re: Depressing
dano Offline

Modifying the X isn't as cheap as modifying a jeep, and many people realize that and that's how people walk away. Me for example, I've done everything to my truck short of the SAS. You get to a point where you want more then you realize, crap, I dropped almost 3 grand in this for bigger tires, suspension lift, body lift, armor, and every possible upgrade, now do I want to spend almost 7 grand more to put a SAS in it? That said, I still put way too much into mine to get rid of it.

Add to the fact that the 2 main suppliers of modifications are not so reliable and expensive, 2004 and earlier support is disappearing and never really caught on like the next gen, there is nowhere to legally wheel in the majority of the state with the exception of the pine barrens, driving hours to go wheeling and many people get turned off.

I wouldn't say the Nor'Easter had anything to do with spreading the group thin. There were only 4 Xterra's there this year.

In those aspects, the club is pretty much dead. Nobody has really cared that nothing is going on, and like I mentioned nobody really stepped up to bat or questioned why things got quiet.

For what it's worth I just cleaned up some of the forums over there.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile

#389484 - 07/08/07 05:58 PM Re: Depressing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Even though I joined NJAX after most they were some of the first people that I wheeled my Xterra with. They went out more than once a year, were always welcoming, helpful, and a good time. I miss it.

#389485 - 07/08/07 07:49 PM Re: Depressing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, so lets say we don't have to go rock crawling. I'd have fun just wheeling on some regular trails in the PB or out in PA for the day. The other groups have BBQ's, mod days, etc. I KNOW you'd all be into that. It is more expensive..I had a jeep. My Jeep could probably rip my X apart off road. I still have more fun in the X than the Jeep regaurdless. It's not about money (maybe because I have none) it's just about having fun. I like to learn as much as possible from people like TJ, etc (sorry if I missed anyone) smile ..It's NJ people will understand if were not out at places like MOAB..

#389486 - 08/08/07 04:29 PM Re: Depressing
dano Offline

A handful of us still hang out regularly and do stuff all the time, it just doesn't really include our X's anymore. As far as I know, there really aren't many active owners in this state anymore. Sure there are a bunch of associates, but asides from Keith, TJ, Ken, Mike, both Tom's, Steve on occasion and myself, and a few others, I'm not aware of many other people in this area anymore.

Of course I could be around more if I ever get around to rebuilding my Calmini steering.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile

#389487 - 08/08/07 04:46 PM Re: Depressing
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Well, Steve still wheels his X, if its not rainy, and if there's no Eagles game, and his wife lets him...Steiny has his SAS'd and he wheels it, I have mine, Jorge flipped his at MOAB and bought a Jeep...and he wheels with the X people anyway...and a few others...

From what I can tell, the NJAX attrition was a lot due to the attention Jorge and Steve put into the Nor' Easter, and alot due to the proliferation of OTHER groups...

I see a lot of the same people, just now I see them at Nor' Easter, ECXC, Fat4x4, NIORA, The New X, etc.

laugh
I still have mine. laugh Just no one around to wheel with. No Michael, no Steve, no Lance......

Where is Sean been to? smile

Stone

#389488 - 08/08/07 04:49 PM Re: Depressing
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Dano-

Why don't you ask Jorge to take over the NJAX board? I miss it. I would be there, but there is waaaaay to many spammers there these days.

K.

#389489 - 08/08/07 05:01 PM Re: Depressing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey that's a great idea!

K_enn's still around, wheels at some events and posts over on XF.

#389490 - 08/08/07 05:11 PM Re: Depressing
dano Offline

Sean moved to North Carolina actually.

I'm in the process of cleaning up all the spammers.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile

#389491 - 11/08/07 10:44 AM Re: Depressing
dano Offline

Ok, Jorge fixed up the registration process so the spammers cant get in and deleted all the spam accounts. All threads have had the spam removed now as well.

Let's see where this all goes.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile

#389492 - 11/08/07 05:41 PM Re: Depressing
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Nice! Thanks Dano.

#389493 - 09/09/07 05:15 AM Re: Depressing
CK Offline

Loc: Exton, PA
HOWDY [drink]

#389494 - 09/09/07 02:36 PM Re: Depressing
TJ Offline

Howdy!

laugh

[Wave]

#389495 - 20/09/07 07:06 AM Re: Depressing
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a spammer now! There is no WAY the real CK is still alive. He fell off the earth over a year ago...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal