shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#389834 - 29/04/08 09:35 AM "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
ripcurl2151 Offline

Loc: NJ
just wanted to let everyone know I am attempting to put together an "Unofficial" Nor'Easter for Saturday, June 7 at RC and Echo Valley. Check out NJAX.net or the Nor'Easter forum on here for more info

#389835 - 08/05/08 09:30 AM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
ripcurl2151 Offline

nobody?? TJ and Kenn said they might be in

#389836 - 08/05/08 05:11 PM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm about 1 hour south and my guy and I are thinking about coming up. We're waiting to make sure there's nothing going that weekend. As far as the entire group, how many people are coming?

#389837 - 09/05/08 10:22 AM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
ripcurl2151 Offline

you guys should come up. I still haven't seen a new X on the trails.

Here is the list of people wheeling so far:

me - ripcurl2151
my brother jim
my friend joe
joe's brother
joe's friend
eric - ctpathy
TJ
LibTimothy (NIORA)
XterraXtian
XterraXtian's BF
SquibleeArmorX
Squible's friend w/ rubi
fubar1217

maybes:
hany - brockhampson
Kenn
silversuper (NIORA)
XVTer
Muzikman

i was hoping to run blues, but there's a few guys who would come if there is a green stock group. so i might end up leading them around since they are new

#389838 - 09/05/08 04:36 PM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I know you don't know me....but I can lead a green, easy blue group for you. I know the trails really well and know what I can take people on....and I know some that are challenging enough (but safe for newbies/stock) that will make them think, "HOLY SHIT, I can't believe I did that!!!"

We're 95% sure on being there. I'll try to know by next week so the "definintely if there's a stock run" people can make a final decision.

I have wheeled with XVTer before and Kenn several times. Kenn can vouch for me. I can definitely lead a easy group for you. I have been trying to get Squiblee out there since meeting him anyway!!! hehehe

#389839 - 09/05/08 09:55 PM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
ripcurl2151 Offline

that would be awesome if you can make it and would be willing to do that. i've seen your posts for a while now and it seems like you know what you're doing. and if kenn says you're good i trust him. hopefully we can get a good group out...it'd be nice to meet some more people and the rest of my weekends are pretty booked.

#389840 - 10/05/08 02:27 AM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
Anonymous
Unregistered

We'll be there. Has anyone reserved their campsites yet? Or is it more laid back and you pick as you get there? OR (sorry for the 20 questions) is there a mass area where you can set up many tents around a fire pit? Some places have that and it's best for groups.

We'd probably be up at Echo Valley on friday around 7pm.

I already have my trails laid out. It's one I've used before that even some modified guys went on and had fun. Thanks for letting me do it!

[ThumbsUp]

#389841 - 10/05/08 05:26 PM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
ripcurl2151 Offline

sounds good....I updated the list

I emailed Judy over at Echo Valley a few weeks ago giving her a heads up that I was trying to get a group together and asking about the pavilions. There isn't a specific reserved area. For ECXC in the past we have all just found spots close to the pavilion area so we don't have to go far. plus it is setback a bit from the main sites. Here is a map of the campground. we would be staying back by pavilion #4 or #5 (lower right corner).

there are a good amount of pavilions, but I am trying to reserve one with electricity. Judy is supposed to get back to me about it.

#389842 - 10/05/08 06:09 PM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright, dumb question.....are we camping by the pavilion? Or do we have to find a site? I'd like to camp near everyone.

I've always camped at Lickdale...it's super nice.....it's where we were last year for ECXC.

#389843 - 13/05/08 10:07 AM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
ripcurl2151 Offline

Judy just got back to me and she said someone already has pavilion 5 but we can use pavilion 1. i just need to get a deposit to her...which means we have to make sure we clean it up the next morning so i can get my money back.

yes, we are camping near the pavilion. there aren't designated sites on the map, but there is plenty of room for tents. it has worked in the past and jusy said it would be fine again.

Lickdale looks nice, but I wasn't sure if it was a little too much of a family place and they'd yell at us if we got too loud or wanted to drink.

#389844 - 13/05/08 04:20 PM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp] sounds good! can't wait!!! I'm bringing some
cases of beer....if that's okay.

We're camping at the Pine Barrens this weekend and I can't
wait to get out there. The guys that are leading us have the
greatest sounding itinerary. I'm psyched. laugh

#389845 - 14/05/08 08:31 AM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
SquibleeIceX Offline

Loc: New Jersey
sooo....don't mean to be a PITA but still one questions stands....do we need to made individual arrangements to throw up a tent at this site?
Can we park in that area if someone has a bed in their truck?
-Jason

#389846 - 14/05/08 09:56 AM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
ripcurl2151 Offline

no need for individual arrangements. They know we have a small group coming for the weekend.

last time I was there, there was an open area (kind of a dirt lot/road) to the right of the pavilions where everyone parked and then just find a spot nearby for your tent. Or just sleep in your truck if you want. It's usually $25 per tent for the night...I'm not sure what it would be if you don't have a tent. Is your friend with the jeep coming too?

#389847 - 14/05/08 10:48 AM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
SquibleeIceX Offline

Yes...Mike (Jeep Rubicon) will be coming. We'll also be bringing some beer.
-Jason

#389848 - 14/05/08 07:57 PM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
ripcurl2151 Offline

nice

i forgot to mention before....beer is always good. if we don't get as big a turnout as planned, i might just skip the whole $15 open bar thing and people can bring what they want. maybe play some beer pong or card games or something. what do you guys think?

#389849 - 15/05/08 03:27 AM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
Anonymous
Unregistered

That sounds good....you don't want to end up with too much unused crap. Besides, camping is beer territory!

[drink]

Of course, what I'm bringing is for you guys, as I don't drink (I'm drunk off of what's in the neck of a beer bottle) and my BF is diabetic, so he doesn't drink either....so it's up for grabs. I'll probably get Yuengling Lager and whatever else.

#389850 - 15/05/08 05:27 AM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
SquibleeIceX Offline

beer and games sounds like fun...i personally don't need an open bar if there's beer flowin'.
-Jason

#389851 - 15/05/08 12:41 PM Re: "Unofficial" Nor'Easter '08
ripcurl2151 Offline

sounds like a plan then...everyone just bring what you want

invite your friends to come along for the ride...the more the merrier

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal