shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#391524 - 19/11/07 07:16 AM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

So you guys wouldn't suggest the Calmini adjusters/ends?

#391525 - 19/11/07 09:59 AM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

For the adjustors any of em will work fine.

SLR, Calmini, NAPA

Just comes down to what you want to spend.

SLR & Calmini have the HD ones.

#391526 - 19/11/07 06:10 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

For the love of all things holy will people who have cores please ship them back.. I need to get my Centerlink and Bryan is out of cores.

#391527 - 19/11/07 07:51 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by far west X:
For the love of all things holy will people who have cores please ship them back.. I need to get my Centerlink and Bryan is out of cores.
I shipped 2 of them back right after my install.
[ThumbsUp]

#391528 - 19/11/07 09:01 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

i tried to get one to but he was out. so i ordered one from l&p.i ordered it sunday,it shipped today and i'll get it wednesday.plus they droped their prices.

#391529 - 25/11/07 05:55 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anthony I have not seen your cores yet.

#391530 - 25/11/07 06:20 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by hoohaa:
Anthony I have not seen your cores yet.
Sorry bout that. Josh just called me yesterday to say the address label got torn, so it got returned to him as "not deliverable as addressed". I believe he sent it back out AGAIN on Saturday, so you should have it sometime either this week or the following.

#391531 - 26/11/07 09:55 AM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's fine, it would not be a big deal right now, but out of the last eight centerlinks I've shipped, I've received only one core back. It's been well over a month on some of these.

I've ordered new materials so I can take orders now.

#391532 - 03/12/07 02:04 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Nocturnal_X:
i tried to get one to but he was out. so i ordered one from l&p.i ordered it sunday,it shipped today and i'll get it wednesday.plus they droped their prices.
After fixing and helping fix more than one of L&P's mistakes, I no longer recommend buying from them. I supported them and even sent customers their way in the past, but no more. Sooner or later there will be a tragedy when one of their cold welds fail on the highway for someone.

#391533 - 03/12/07 02:14 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well after a couple of wheeling trips, and hundreds of highway miles on my new steering, I can definitely say this is money well spent!! If there is a wait to get these, it would be worth the wait.

Thanks Bryan!!!

#391534 - 03/12/07 04:27 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

i would have rather gotten one of yours,but i didn't have time to wait.i deffently think your welds are alot stronger.

#391535 - 22/12/07 07:29 AM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

anyone have install pictures? and also will this work with the total chaos suspension setup?

#391536 - 30/12/07 09:31 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

The TC suspension system should work perfectly with this system.

#391537 - 31/12/07 12:28 AM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can you explain what the difference is between this centerlink and a stock one? I am having trouble understanding the difference, especially since they look pretty similar in the pictures. I have a used calmini steering system in the garage but I think I would rather just get this and new tie rod adjusters because I dont want to worry about the bushings on the calmini kit.

Edit: I also always wondered, what on the stock centerlinks is failing on lifted Xterras.

#391538 - 31/12/07 04:35 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgvalant:
Can you explain what the difference is between this centerlink and a stock one? I am having trouble understanding the difference, especially since they look pretty similar in the pictures....I also always wondered, what on the stock centerlinks is failing on lifted Xterras.
The part that is replaced is that part that fails on the lifted Xterras. It's those Balljoints on the Centerlinks that fail. You can see the balljoint in the stock centerlink in the first pic. Pics that follow courtesy of Anthony, I just cropped them a bit.
Stock centerlink installed, idler arm side:

Hoohaa centerlink installed, idler arm side:

Notice the Inner tie rod end also sits lower on the HooHaa centerlink than in the stock centerlink. That helps to restore the stock steering geometry.

#391539 - 26/03/08 12:44 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

HooHaa, I sent you an email a number of days ago asking about the centerlink but haven't gotten a reply so I will post here. If I ordered one today, how long until it would ship out? Are you sending the idler and pittman arms out with the centerlinks yet?

Quote:
Perhaps go to Napa and get some Tie rod adjusters. Theirs are thicker then the OEM ones.
Does anyone know the p/n for the Napa tie rods? The ones the showed for the xterra don't look any better than stock.

Thanks,
Chris

#391540 - 26/03/08 01:00 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can get Moogs at a Carquest...lifetime warranty as well. Or at Carquest online.

#391541 - 26/03/08 06:46 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cgvalant:
HooHaa, I sent you an email a number of days ago asking about the centerlink but haven't gotten a reply so I will post here. If I ordered one today, how long until it would ship out? Are you sending the idler and pittman arms out with the centerlinks yet?

Quote:
[b]Perhaps go to Napa and get some Tie rod adjusters. Theirs are thicker then the OEM ones.
Does anyone know the p/n for the Napa tie rods? The ones the showed for the xterra don't look any better than stock.

Thanks,
Chris[/b]
I believe Bryan is out of the country until sometime in April

#391542 - 26/03/08 07:15 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by bigbluex:
I believe Bryan is out of the country until sometime in April
That's the word on the street.

#391543 - 26/03/08 07:41 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

He is in Sudan right now
Tie Rod End - Inner
NCP

Tie Rod End - Outer
NCP

#391544 - 26/03/08 09:54 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by lmhin2004:
He is in Sudan right now
Sudan is a long way from home. Thanks for the heads up! I was wondering why I didnt get a reply. Also, thanks for the p/n's!

#391545 - 01/04/08 11:16 AM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
KCX Offline

Loc: Kansas
So when does he return so the rest of us can get his HooHaa centerlinks? Anyone know?

#391546 - 22/04/08 02:04 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm back in the country for a long while now. Thanks for the patience you have all had with me as I have been away. I'm taking orders now and filling them as fast as I can.

You might have noticed a new banner ad on this site for grassroots4x4.com. Grassroots 4x4 LLC is my new company and I am doing all my business as Grassroots 4x4 from here on out. Unfortunately while I was away grassroots4x4.com was hacked so I had the webhost take the site down. I am trying to juggle getting the site back up with getting orders filled and shipped and also catching up on everything else that has piled up over the last 6 weeks.

So again, thanks for your patience and please let me know if you have sent me a pm or an email but have not heard back from me. My new email address is grassroots4x4@gmail.com, so please direct all new inquiries to that address. I lost lots of mail when the site was hacked, so I might have lost your message before even seeing it.

#391547 - 14/05/08 12:46 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
RangerX Offline

Loc: Puyallup, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by hoohaa:
I will have to think about that. I feel that the problem will be that I won't have enough pitmans and idlers to keep up with the demand.
Where did we end up with this? Was it killed by a part shortage?
Thanks.

#391548 - 26/05/08 05:19 PM Re: Xterra steering systems $225
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Anyone heard from Hoohaa lately? I sent him an email last week.

S.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal