2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#391640 - 05/02/03 08:37 PM SLR headers on the dyno
smack pappy Offline

Loc: Lake Tahoe NV
I noticed that the dyno figures on your web site are for a fully kitted engine. What most of us will be looking for are headers that work with an open air cleaner and a chip if that one ever transpires. I will purchase your headers if they broaden the existing torque/HP curve or at least do not lessen our power below 2500 RPM. I think the vast majority of X owners use it as a daily driver and weekend wheeler. I may be wrong on that point but hope that market was included in the development of your exhaust.
I also would like to know if running dual pipes all the way out would be of any value. If so what diameter would you suggest? How about a balance pipe? I'm not familiar with the scavenging effects of 3 cylinder banks.
And last, any MPG estimates? Dangerous territory I know.
Tell me great power huge MPG and I'll order them tomorrow.

Thank's

#391641 - 12/02/03 05:06 PM Re: SLR headers on the dyno
smack pappy Offline

Loc: Lake Tahoe NV
Well it's been 7 days since I posted my question and still no response. The same is true for my e-mail I sent in from their web site. This isn't someone just killing time. I will actually base my purchase on this information. The same information Downey Engineering or North West Off road put in their catalogs for customers to make a decision. Any and all speed shops have these specs as well when you are shopping for performance equipment.
Come on guys, get with the program. I'm looking to spend $$.

#391642 - 12/02/03 06:13 PM Re: SLR headers on the dyno
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
i have the same concerns for losing low-end power (if that's what you meant). i have friends who put bolt-on "performance" parts on their cars. although they gained high-end torque they lost low-end. they have cars or sports cars so maybe it's ok for them but that's the complete opposite of what i want for my xterra. i couldn't care less about high-end power, as i tend to baby my gas pedal anyways.

#391643 - 12/02/03 10:18 PM Re: SLR headers on the dyno
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by smack pappy:
Well it's been 7 days since I posted my question and still no response. The same is true for my e-mail I sent in from their web site
Pick up the phone.

Most manufactures don't come here too often. I think they're getting tired of getting ripped to shreds (justified or not...).

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal