2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#391851 - 10/03/04 08:06 AM 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
I ordered a 150psi fixed CO2 regulator from them and got incredible service.

I ordered it over the phone, they took all of my info including my email address.
They sent me an email later the next day with a PDF file attached, which was my invoice. They tried to send me my UPS tracking number but the email bounced, so they actually called meto tell me that the email bounced and to give me the tracking number.

I have ordered several hundred, maybe thousand at this point, dollars of aftermarket items from all of the major Nissan aftermarket manufacturers, and havent gotten anywhere near the service I got from 4x4rockshop.

They emailed me, called me, the item was shipped out and I received it, all exactly when they said.
Great company I highly recommend them!! [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#391852 - 10/03/04 10:13 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
pinoy Offline

Loc: TinleyPark, IL.
Ya, I ordered a powertank system from them last year, it came a day or two late due to a screw up in there system. They explained what went wrong and how sorry they were... They gave me a free regulator bag for my troubles. I would recommend them and purchase from them again.

#391853 - 10/03/04 11:02 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
KCX Offline

Loc: Kansas
I ordered two CO2 tanks/regulators and quick-deflators from them. Great service and quick delivery. Very impressed. smile

#391854 - 10/03/04 12:42 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
01SalsaXterra Offline

Its really scary how I only spent like $30 with them and they treated me better than companies I've spent $1000 with!!! mad
The big Nissan Aftermarket companies can learn about customer service from this company. laugh

I got "IT" from ebay.

#391855 - 10/03/04 03:41 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
GrnXnham Offline

Loc: Tacoma, WA
They give free shipping on SR skidplates, so I ordered two skids from them. No problems at all. Great company.

#391856 - 10/03/04 07:21 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
OnlyOneDR Offline

Do not know about C02 rotting tires but since atmospheric air is about 78% Nitrogen, I would see no problems with using Nitrogen gas instead. Did you ask him what the price difference was?

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

#391857 - 10/03/04 07:43 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Some have said the moisture might cause the wheels to rust prematurely not the tires though. You should be fine.

#391858 - 10/03/04 08:55 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrah:
Package B shows a picture of the "Tire Inflator With Gauge." You clip it onto the valve stem and inflate directly through the gauge which allows you to read the tire pressure while inflating. However, under 'Package Includes' it lists "Air Tire Pressure Gauge," which is another product they sell that only reads the tire pressure.
If I found what you were talking about, it looks like a "fancy" tire gage. Including links help make sure everyone is on the same page. I don't see where it would plug into an air source.

I think this is what you are looking for. I have the upper/right one. But I did swap the gage from it's orginal 0-160 to one that read 0-60. FWIW, the Staun deflators aren't worth the brass they are made out of. I have found them anything but repeatable.

Quote:

Has anybody heard of CO2 diminishing the integrity of tires or of using nitrogen as an alternative for CO2 in tires?
I've been using CO2 in my tires for 2 years and it hasn't done dick to my tires, but I also been replacing tires anually. Ask yourself, would people sell CO2 for this application if it ate tires?

Nitrogen could be used as well, the aircraft industry uses it in tires.

#391859 - 10/03/04 11:12 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
XmtbX00 Offline

Loc: Denver
Quote:
Originally posted by 01SalsaXterra:
Its really scary how I only spent like $30 with them and they treated me better than companies I've spent $1000 with!!! mad
The big Nissan Aftermarket companies can learn about customer service from this company. laugh
Yeah no shit, both Calmini and SLR have the WORST customer service. I hope I never have the need to purchase a part from either of them again.

#391860 - 10/03/04 11:18 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by XmtbX00:
Yeah no shit, both Calmini and SLR have the WORST customer service. I hope I never have the need to purchase a part from either of them again.
Care to explain your story, or should people just take your word for it ?

#391861 - 11/03/04 01:53 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
You clip it onto the valve stem and inflate directly through the gauge which allows you to read the tire pressure while inflating.
Regardless of what they call it, it doesn't work well. I have that guage, and it takes 5 times longer to air up a tire through it, as opposed to without it due to how restrictive it is.

Much faster to just air up, eyeball it, and check it a few times.

#391862 - 11/03/04 07:01 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
01SalsaXterra Offline

With using Nitrogen instead of CO2 for filling tires. Isnt Nitrogen stored at higher PSI (3000psi?) as opposed to CO2 (1200-1800psi).

Doesnt that pose a greater risk if it were dropped, truck rolled, valve knocked off, etc??
Just curious, I am very happy with my Bar hookup's CO2 setup. I dont plan on ever going to Nitrogen. laugh
I also have the adapter for hooking my CO2 tank/regulator to a keg. laugh
When I'm having a BBQ I'll put a 1/4 keg on ice and hook it up to the CO2 tank. Nothing is better than beer on tap.
I am so obsessed with this now that I drilled a hole in my wine cooler/fridge (no freezer) and run a quarter keg or 5 gallon keg (depending on my mood/parties) of John Harvard's all of the time. I rotate every month with a different brew.
[ThumbsUp] Great alternative use for CO2 when not offroading!!! [ThumbsUp]

I got "IT" from ebay.

#391863 - 11/03/04 07:03 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
Aero Steve Offline

I understand what you are talking about now. That bitch! laugh It looks simple enough to answer if they take the time. The inflator still looks a little funky. The shrader valve is a stupid way to feed air into it. I have quick disconnects on all my Powertank stuff so it positively locks. The airchuck/guage doesn't take an extra hand to hold onto the air hose.

#391864 - 11/03/04 09:45 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
xterrabull Offline

Loc: san jose, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Quote:
[b]You clip it onto the valve stem and inflate directly through the gauge which allows you to read the tire pressure while inflating.
Regardless of what they call it, it doesn't work well.

Much faster to just air up, eyeball it, and check it a few times.[/b]
Here's a quote from the link for the inflator/gauge:
"Please note that the gauge will not show actual tire pressure while inflating. Actual pressure is shown while the gauge is clipped to the valve stem and the tire is not being inflated."
I bought a similar POS (Viair) & never used it once I realized it didn't work how I though it would.
I finally ended up purchasing one of those heavy duty gauge/inflators you typically see at service stations, the kind with the reddish rubber hose & pop-up brass pressure gauge (Sears); just conect to source hose with quick connect & squeeze the trigger to inflate, and when the trigger is released, the brass rod shoots up & gives approximate pressure. I realize it's not incredibly accurate/precise, but I feel it's good enough in most cases & will certainly take abuse.

Found a pic from Sears.com:

#391865 - 11/03/04 09:48 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
Aero Steve Offline

I had one of those before I bought the powertank one. I didn't like the popout pressure reading. And it doesn't clip to the tire stem.

#391866 - 11/03/04 10:15 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
xterrabull Offline

Loc: san jose, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Aero Steve:
I had one of those before I bought the powertank one. I didn't like the popout pressure reading. And it doesn't clip to the tire stem.
True enough; however, (1) it could be retro-fitted with a clip-on fitting, as I did with my tire deflator, and (2) the clip-on I retro-fitted onto my deflator has clearance issues with the stock rim design & has to be positioned-just so to stay clipped on (good thing I'm airing down anyways cause I lose lots of PSI just fumbling trying to get the clip-on fitting to stay clipped on!!!); however likely my clip-on fitting is simply a cheap POS & there are better ones out there...which could be fitted to inflator.

Hmmm...with Powertank it shouldn't be much of an issue (clip-on vs. no) as the tires are inflated PDQ, no???

#391867 - 11/03/04 12:30 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Quote:
[b]You clip it onto the valve stem and inflate directly through the gauge which allows you to read the tire pressure while inflating.
Regardless of what they call it, it doesn't work well. I have that guage, and it takes 5 times longer to air up a tire through it, as opposed to without it due to how restrictive it is.

Much faster to just air up, eyeball it, and check it a few times.[/b]
Yeah, that makes sense. Here is a random link I found describing it as “100 psi steel case.” That would override any benefit of having a 150 or 200 psi regulator. http://www.getagauge.com/

Here are regulators with the valve built in and they are adjustable. However I don’t see a bleed button on either of them. And more $ of course.

http://www.4x4rockshop.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=2171 or http://www.4x4rockshop.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=2172

#391868 - 11/03/04 06:55 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
BoneCrusher Offline

Loc: In a Bar near YOU!
i dont know much about Nitrogen vs CO2 all i know is that in my paintball gun i have a Nitrogen tank and system on my A-5 for the winter and a CO2 tank for the summer. Otherwise the blowback valve doesnt work correctly.

I know one thing the Nitrogen tanks are way beefier and thicker than the co2 tanks. Also i can get through more games with a nitro tank than with a co2 tank.

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

99% of democrats give the rest a bad name

Liberals are constantly Inflaming the culture war. They seem to forget which side has all the guns.

#391869 - 11/03/04 08:04 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
ROCKSHOP Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
Thanks for the good words, folks.

Now I feel I must address xterrah.

I heard word for word the entire exchange from Jenifer yesterday. She did tell you right off that if you had technical questions she could not help you. She handles the orders, puts in PO's, handles problems and is basically indispensable to me. But ask her about specifics on the site and that's just not her bag.

What IS her bag is going far out of her way to help our customers out, as you can see from the other posts.

In reading your email that you sent her I was also confused as to your question. You apparently kept asking about which guage came with the package and Jenifer kept assuring you it was the one in the photo on the page. When she told me what you kept saying I didn't understand the issue, either.

I then reread it a few times and finally realized that what you must have meant was that the description just said gauge and not "inflator." The guage in question does include the ability to inflate through the guage, unlike other guages we sell. The description apparently just wasn't clear enough so we changed it this morning.

I guess that was what the issue was?

I wish you would have just left me a message to call you back. I was in Detroit for the day and was unable to check emails but I did have time to make a few calls. Would have happily handled it.

So I did email you this morning but didn't hear back from you. I have the guage and Stauns boxed and ready to ship but was waiting to hear back from you so they are still here, pending confirmation that this is, in fact what you wanted.

As you can see by the time of my post, I work long hours to handle our sales and our customers and I really try hard to do everyone right - the way I like to be treated when I shop. I am sorry you had a communication problem yesterday.

Oh yeah. That said, I'd really appreciate it if you would refrain from calling my wife a bitch. She's really quite a lovely woman and the light of my life.

#391870 - 12/03/04 01:12 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by TXJEEPER:
Oh yeah. That said, I'd really appreciate it if you would refrain from calling my wife a bitch. She's really quite a lovely woman and the light of my life.
I think someone owes you and your wife an apology! You're being awfully nice under the circumstances!

Keep up the good work! Hopefully I'll be able to do business with you soon. We appreciate people like you who make the extra effort!

#391871 - 12/03/04 09:53 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
ROCKSHOP Offline

It is unfortunate that there was an apparent miscommunication between you and our company. We try our best to treat our customers with respect

#391872 - 12/03/04 10:01 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Quote:
Originally posted by 4x4ROCKSHOP.com:
It is unfortunate that there was an apparent miscommunication between you and our company. We try our best to treat our customers with respect
[Spit] [LOL] [Spit] [LOL]
I don't want to get into the middle of this, but it seems like Mike has gone above and beyond what any other manufacturer/sales department has done (no offense CALMINI or Shrockworks)... I would hate for there to be any bad blood between any of us... Xterrah may have a valid complaint, but it doesn't really seem that the mud slinging should be conducted here on this board... It just seems that if there is/was an issue, it should be mentioned on here, then when/if the issue is resolved, that should be mentioned also... that is just my opinion, FWIW... and calling anyone's spouse a bitch is just wrong... it's too small of a world and it might just come back to bite ya right in the ass!

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#391873 - 12/03/04 10:14 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Simply put -- is it the one in the picture or the one in the description. "They are the same." No, they are not the same. Let me send you the links to the two items and you can tell me which one. Hence a quick e-mail to her saying "here are the links." I called immediately after I sent the e-mail so I could be on the phone as she opened the links to discuss them. Instead, when I called back she kept insisting "they are both the same." [The same as what? The one in the picture or the one in the description]. You do not say to a customer with impatience "I am not going to keep beating a dead horse." Finally I said please just open the links to the items and you will see what I mean. She then opened them and realized that the description of the item WAS different than the item pictured (as evidenced by the fact that you changed the descripion on your webpage). Rather than saying "Oh, I see what you mean." She made some excuse about "just because the descripion is different than the one in the picture ..." [implying, you're an idiot].

No, the issue was not the gauge, it was the attitude I received from her. Under no circumstances do you treat a customer with impatience and with a higher than mighty attitude, even if you think the customer is wrong. Just because she is your wife that does not make it okay for her to treat your customers with anything but respect, which she showed none. Trust me, I am not making this up because I have nothing better to do.

Again, if she didn't know the answer or couldn't understand my question, she should have said so. That was her judgment call. I don't know what she knows and what she doesn't know. I would have had no problem waiting a day for the answer. I would have preferred that rather than incurring phone charges from California to Alabama while she just didn't get it and didn't even try to get it. I had to insist she open up the links I sent her.

I guess we can now see the philosophy of your company. If things go wrong or if there is a communication problem, the customer is never right. I'm sure your wife is a lovely person but maybe she should stick with filling orders and not *customer service.*

A more professional response from you would have been "It is unfortunate that there was an apparent miscommunication between you and our company. We try our best to treat our customers with respect, etc."

In response to your anticipated reply, you're right and I am wrong. I am only the customer, what do I know.
All of that bullshit and you couldn't even apologize for calling his wife a bitch? Be careful where you use the word "We". I think that 4X4rockshop has went way out of their way to satisfy you and I would give them my business anyday.

[Finger]

#391874 - 12/03/04 10:17 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Dammit, Ian... why in the hell can't I delete my own dumbass post anymore?

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#391875 - 12/03/04 10:20 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
I called today to be sure I was getting the Inflator Gauge since I already have the Pressure Gauge. Mike was out and Jenifer was there by herself. She is a real beaoch! All I wanted to do was confirm that I was getting the "inflator gauge" and not the "tire pressure gauge."
confused [Freak]

In my book "beaoch" = bitch

#391876 - 12/03/04 10:21 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by austinbrtndr:
gotcha

wink

#391877 - 12/03/04 10:46 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
01SalsaXterra Offline

I didnt expect this thread to turn into this. frown
I just wanted to post that I got the best treatment from this company. They kept their word on any promises or claims that they made.
I just wanted to acknowledge that, and tell them " Thank You " for such great service. laugh

You will get more of my business in the future. [ThumbsUp]

I got "IT" from ebay.

#391878 - 12/03/04 11:40 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
ROCKSHOP Offline

Again, thanks guys. Gosh, I hate that this turned sour. I know personally that life is too short to let things get out of hand and eat you up. We try so hard to please everyone and go beyond and I get so upset when someone isn't happy.

But alas, we are human beings and we are not perfect. The best we can do is try hard.

Peace.

#391879 - 12/03/04 11:48 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by austinbrtndr:
I had it disabled for a short time. It is now enabled.

#391880 - 12/03/04 11:49 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
Aero Steve Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 4x4ROCKSHOP.com:
Again, thanks guys. Gosh, I hate that this turned sour. I know personally that life is too short to let things get out of hand and eat you up. We try so hard to please everyone and go beyond and I get so upset when someone isn't happy.

But alas, we are human beings and we are not perfect. The best we can do is try hard.

Peace.
Welcome to the internet laugh

#391881 - 12/03/04 01:25 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
01SalsaXterra Offline

I have had bad experiences with other Aftermarket Nissan companies. I chose to Email & call them directly, not post my "Unresolved problems with the company" online.
If all else fails then I would post it on a public forum, but normally "A company" would make it right before it even got to that stage.
All well. laugh

I got "IT" from ebay.

#391882 - 12/03/04 01:53 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
I had nothing to gain in my post. Someone posted a good experience with 4x4rockshop.com and I posted my experience (which happened to be a bad expereince). I even forwarded the link to 4x4rockshop last night to give them an opportunity to respond, which they did.

I appreciate Mike wanting to stand up for his wife. Just wonder if he would have responded a little differently if it had been a front desk person and not his wife. My apologies for calling his wife a bitch. Wonder if I would have done that had I known it was his wife and not a front desk person. Either way it was unacceptable. But that doesn't change my feelings toward her.

I also will delete my posts since this did get out of control. Hopefully something was learned from this other than don't post negative experiences with a dealer on this board and don't use the word "beaoch."

I'm sure Mike and 4x4rockshops.com is a good company and I hope they get a lot of business from this thread. I just had a bad experience with them. That's all.
Nicely put. You are a good, mature person in my book. [ThumbsUp]

#391883 - 14/03/04 08:17 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
Raingler Offline

Loc: 8k vertical feet from the beac...
EDIT: Thanks for the apology Mike. -Eddie

#391884 - 14/03/04 09:00 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
dano Offline

Loc: Ridgefield Park, NJ
Yikes, this can't be going anywhere good now.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

#391885 - 14/03/04 09:02 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
01SalsaXterra Offline

Ouch. I wonder if this thread will be moved to ALR.. eek

I got "IT" from ebay.

#391886 - 15/03/04 08:50 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW!!! Has the XOC turned into a battle ground for battling companies now too?!?!? confused

#391887 - 15/03/04 11:31 AM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
rfritz Offline

Loc: Indianapolis
Has everyone on this board lost their mind? I doubt any of this bickering would be happening if this was a face-to-face situation. The XOC seems to be a place where you can talk shit and never have any consequence. :rolleyes:

#391888 - 15/03/04 12:00 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by rfritz:
The XOC seems to be a place where you can talk shit and never have any consequence. :rolleyes:
That's why we have events like GOX and goneMOAB where everyone can size each other up in person, apologize for a years worth of flames and get drunk.

#391889 - 15/03/04 12:09 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
ROCKSHOP Offline

Sounds like fun. Y'all should have a SouthEastern event at Gray Rock ORV here in B'ham.

#391890 - 15/03/04 02:50 PM Re: 4x4Rockshop.com!!!
NetJunkie Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Here is a vote for 4x4RockShop. I ordered some Warn differential skids and Skid Row LCA skids for the new Rubicon last week. They had a question about the order and called me first thing the next morning and got the order right out. I just emailed them a question and got a reply from Jennifer in 30 minutes (or less).

When the Rubi is ready for the Warn bumpers I'll be back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal