2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#391927 - 22/09/06 07:31 PM Help. Rear Window Must Open
Anonymous
Unregistered

My '95 Pathfinder has just received it's death sentence, so it's time to suck it up and get a new car. Everything about the Xterra is perfect for me except for the fact that the rear window doesn't open. I'm running kiteboarding/surf trips down to Baja regularly, and need the window to open for storage of kites/boards. Don't try to tell me that I can use the roofrack... I'm sure there are ways around it, but I'm totally addicted to that rear window. Can't remember the last time I opened the whole gate on my Pathfinder. Anyway, does anyone know if it's possible to install a latchable rear window on an Xterra? Elsewhere on this forum I read that an electrical one like on the 4-runner is near impossible, but I don't need all that jazz, just a simple hinged job would be perfect. The custom hotrod shop down the street said they don't know how to do it, and I have no one else to turn to. Please don't make me go get an FJ over something so stupid, but it's just that important to me.
-Dan

#391928 - 22/09/06 08:50 PM Re: Help. Rear Window Must Open
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about removing the glass and putting in some zippered plastic like on a soft top jeep?

#391929 - 22/09/06 09:00 PM Re: Help. Rear Window Must Open
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thought about it, but it's too easy to break into, which is a problem in Baja, especially with the expensive kites and boards I'll have in it.

#391930 - 22/09/06 09:43 PM Re: Help. Rear Window Must Open
Anonymous
Unregistered

...reinforced with metal grating? [LOL]

#391931 - 23/09/06 06:34 AM Re: Help. Rear Window Must Open
Anonymous
Unregistered

It shouldn't be that hard to take the glass out and install a set of shocks onto it. Like most Ford Explorers and such. I kinda wish mine opened seperately also, for long boards....(2x4's) Glue a plastic handle to the outside of the glass, then you'd just have to figure out a locking system. Maybe a remote control pop open device...that would be sweet.

#391932 - 23/09/06 02:53 PM Re: Help. Rear Window Must Open
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why not just get yourself another Pathfinder?

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal