2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#392173 - 27/04/07 08:37 PM Re: ShrockWorks Differential Protection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shrock:
FWIW, these will now ship with regular style 5/16 Gr8 hex bolts to avoid any future problems.
Great to see you are listening to feedback and addressing issues as they come up. THIS is what more vendors/manufacturers need to be doing. [ThumbsUp]

#392174 - 28/04/07 10:59 AM Re: ShrockWorks Differential Protection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, dropped the cover to fix the leak and found some chunks of metal. I think they are from the spider gears, but I'll let the Dealership tell me when they're fixing it under warranty. Only 27K miles. :rolleyes:

#392175 - 30/04/07 11:52 AM Re: ShrockWorks Differential Protection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bummer man.

There actual bits of metal, or was there a metalic slim/goo? The slime/goo is normal, bits of metal is not.

#392176 - 30/04/07 12:12 PM Re: ShrockWorks Differential Protection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
Bummer man.

There actual bits of metal, or was there a metalic slim/goo? The slime/goo is normal, bits of metal is not.
There were two Chunks of metal about a quarter inch in size as well as the gear oil had a very cool metallic look to it in the sun. :rolleyes:

Actually just spoke with my SA and they are going to replace the whole rear differential. eek

I'm actually glad to have found this and owe it to Shrock as I wouldn't have looked at the gear oil until I had to and may have been stranded somewhere.

BTW - My manual said to use 75W-140 Synthetic oil, which I bought at Nissan for about $20/quart. It only used about 1 and 1/8th quarts to fill to the opening.

#392177 - 30/04/07 12:38 PM Re: ShrockWorks Differential Protection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, yeah, that's bad.

And I am not sure what Nissan's deal is, but it seems that if there is a bad diff, the dealer techs aren't allowed to rip into it. They are instructed by Nissan to just replace the entire thing.

I don't know if it's because they think the techs are idiots and can't set gears, or if they want to take a closer look at the diff failures.

There is a guy over on one of the Frontier boards who has an 05 NISMO which has the same rear axle as the OR X's and he blew his out not long ago and Nissan wouldn't cover it because he has 2" lift blocks in the rear.

Also, USMC_Xterra just recently changed his front gear oil in his 05 S model and found it to be 1pt low (it only take 1 3/4 pints to begin with). He said there were no leaks, so it came from the factory that way.

Yeah, the Nissan gear oil is expensive. I run Mobile 1 which is about ~$12/quart. The Jeep crowd swears by Royal Purple which is about $9 quart.

#392178 - 30/04/07 01:20 PM Re: ShrockWorks Differential Protection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually just spoke with my SA and they are going to replace the whole rear differential.
Did they mention I was just there? They all looked completely dumbfounded when I told them what was wrong with the X. " [Huh?] We've never heard of that happening.."

#392179 - 30/04/07 01:41 PM Re: ShrockWorks Differential Protection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Quote:
Actually just spoke with my SA and they are going to replace the whole rear differential.
Did they mention I was just there? They all looked completely dumbfounded when I told them what was wrong with the X. " [Huh?] We've never heard of that happening.."
I like that meter! Yeah, I think they have a standard MO that they can't admit anyone else has come in for that _______ issue.

When I get it back hopefully tomorrow, [eta - not till thursday now, seems as they are having issues obtaining one, I wonder why? I talked with an insider who told me there is a part number change for the '05 Diff and the new one has 4 spider gears instead of two.] I'll definately look at that front diff and make sure it has the right amount of fluid and maybe I'll pull a bit out and see what it looks like in the sun.

Hey we have a new paint color, Gear oil Metallic! Then I can say, man that paint job STINKS! laugh

#392180 - 30/04/07 01:56 PM Re: ShrockWorks Differential Protection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Quote:
I swear that has happened with every single warranty issue I have ever had, with any make [LOL] You could be standing in line behind 5 guys with blown diffs... [Argue]

Thats why anytime I see anyone with the car maker I always test there BS meter. " Fix that bottoming out Gen II nightmare yet?" [Uh Oh !] " Is a front end TSB and update kit out yet?" [Uh Oh !]

#392181 - 03/05/07 08:49 AM Re: ShrockWorks Differential Protection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jim, any word on a High Pinion standard D44 cover?
Any chance it could be delivered to Denver by the 16th laugh

#392182 - 18/05/07 02:42 PM Re: ShrockWorks Differential Protection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Put the Diff cover back on with my new hardware and new rear-end. Found my oil was already very dark so I replaced it with New Nissan oil.

Already been wheeling with it and the peace of mind is great.

#392183 - 23/05/07 12:26 PM Re: ShrockWorks Differential Protection
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought the grade 8 bolts, and installed this on Bren's Fronty. Of course, it started leaking as soon as I pulled the lower bolts out. put it on anyway, and stopped leaking for couple of days, but then came the drip...drip....
Took it over to Peoria Nissan as they have always been good to me anyway, and the service advisor we use, Brad Ernest had it taken care of under warranty w/o a question. Keeps me bringing my X and her Fronty in cuz he tries to do right by us.
So anyway, diff resealed and Shrock ring installed.

#392184 - 23/05/07 01:51 PM Re: ShrockWorks Differential Protection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, now that is one hell of a dealer.

#392185 - 24/05/07 02:32 PM Re: ShrockWorks Differential Protection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
Wow, now that is one hell of a dealer.
Yeah, no kidding!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6