shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#392259 - 12/04/07 10:47 PM Air Blower?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our salesman told us there was some "air blower" or something, that could increase your mpg. Anybody done this and did it help with dismal mph confused ?

#392260 - 13/04/07 07:31 AM Re: Air Blower?
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
What hes probably talking about is something like the "Tornado" and they are all crap. The theory is that you put this device into air intake system for the car and it swirls that air in this magic way to be more efficent and thus increaseing your MPG and power.

Simply put the only way to increase your MPG is to drive conservatively, proper air pressure in tires, no jack rabbit starts or fast stops (basically when approaching a light try and coast if possible), lighten the vehicle if possible, and dont drive too fast.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#392261 - 13/04/07 08:41 AM Re: Air Blower?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is some good reading on various devices that are sold claiming to give performance and mpg boosts:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/1802932.html

#392262 - 13/04/07 11:41 AM Re: Air Blower?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Best option is to park the off-road rig and buy and economy car for daily driving...Beyond that, stay off the pedal.

#392263 - 20/04/07 05:02 PM Re: Air Blower?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 56kz2slow:
Here is some good reading on various devices that are sold claiming to give performance and mpg boosts:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/1802932.html
If they know this:

Quote:
We say caveat emptor (let the buyer beware). But there are plenty of people out there who say: "There's one born every minute." Prediction: Within a few weeks after the appearance of this article, there will be gas-saving gadgets on the market that tout themselves as "Featured in Popular Mechanics." Someone will buy them. Probably not you.

Then why on Earth do they let these people advertise and rip people off? Are they that hard up for money? Geeze

#392264 - 20/04/07 05:10 PM Re: Air Blower?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think they mean that because their product was featured in an article, even with bad review, that they will say that they were featured in PM, of course without providing the article.

#392265 - 24/04/07 12:11 PM Re: Air Blower?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 56kz2slow:
I think they mean that because their product was featured in an article, even with bad review, that they will say that they were featured in PM, of course without providing the article.
Huh, I took the following Sentence "...Scan the Internet, store shelves and, yes, even the classified ads in the back of PM, and you will find dozens of devices promising to boost power, reduce emissions and, of course, improve mileage by 20, 40, even 300 percent!
..." to mean that they are allowing the adverts on their Mag. [Freak]

#392266 - 25/04/07 04:11 PM Re: Air Blower?
xterra3202 Offline

Money talks my good friend!!!!

A good book to check out is "Scam Proof Your Life." Talks about stuff like that and other ways to keep your money in your own pockets!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#392267 - 25/04/07 07:36 PM Re: Air Blower?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Huh, Thanks for the Reference! I've been ripped enough to pretty much see it coming unless I'm buying via impulse. :rolleyes:

"Buyer Beware" [Uh Oh !]

[Wave]

Just bought 2 copies (one for me and one for my Mom) from Amazon for $25.14 with free shipping. [ThumbsUp]

#392268 - 26/04/07 08:35 AM Re: Air Blower?
xterra3202 Offline

Not to push the book but your really gonna enjoy it. I finished it in 2 days....now im going back through it with a highlighter!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#392269 - 26/04/07 08:54 AM Re: Air Blower?
BlueSky Offline

Great article. Maybe the results from their scientific testing or crap like the Tornado FuelSaver and Intake Twister will finally kill the increased MPG/performance dreams of those who want a miracle device:

"THE DYNO SAYS: Both devices reduced peak horsepower by more than 10 percent. The Intake Twister increased fuel consumption by about 20 percent; the TornadoFuelSaver provided no significant change."

#392270 - 26/04/07 10:35 AM Re: Air Blower?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra3202:
Not to push the book but your really gonna enjoy it. I finished it in 2 days....now im going back through it with a highlighter!!!

Tim
Nice, I'll have to have my highlighter in hand as well as a supply of sticky notes for marking pages.

BlueSky, I was also pretty shocked by the reduction in MPG. I guess the saying "There's one born every minute." Has some merit to it.

A reduction in HP in some cases may increase MPG, but that just means you're going to put your foot in it that much more to get going. Zero net gain.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal