2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#392548 - 19/12/05 05:40 AM Volant Cool Air Intake with Snorkel
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok... I know that the TJM snorkel is relatively easy to match up with the Volant CAI, but has anyone done it with the ARB Safari snorkel?

I am looking to order the set up immediately after christmas and would love any feedback from anyone who's done the set up... pics would also be very much appreciated.

TJM...

ARB...

#392549 - 27/12/05 03:15 AM Re: Volant Cool Air Intake with Snorkel
Anonymous
Unregistered

I missed this post. I have done it with both the TJM and ARB. It is easy to seal on both. Installing and sealing the Volant after the snorkel is on only takes about an hour with a few parts from the hardware store. laugh

#392550 - 31/12/05 06:29 AM Re: Volant Cool Air Intake with Snorkel
Anonymous
Unregistered

You realize that a lot of those snorkles are not even hooked up? Sucking air through that much pipe suffocates the motor...

If you do install one, make it easy to convert back....you're gonna want to after that first tank of gas.

#392551 - 31/12/05 08:45 AM Re: Volant Cool Air Intake with Snorkel
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by half fast:
You realize that a lot of those snorkles are not even hooked up? Sucking air through that much pipe suffocates the motor...

If you do install one, make it easy to convert back....you're gonna want to after that first tank of gas.
That's odd, I don't think I've read comments like that from any of the snorkle owners here...

#392552 - 31/12/05 08:54 AM Re: Volant Cool Air Intake with Snorkel
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've had mine installed and sealed up to the Volant for over a year, there are no issues with starving the engine for air. The snorkel tubing itself is much wider than the intake opening. Gas mileage on the highway actually improved 1 or 2 mpg.

I don't know what he is talking about.

#392553 - 31/12/05 11:23 AM Re: Volant Cool Air Intake with Snorkel
Anonymous
Unregistered

I second that. I have only seen better mpg, or no change at all.

Sounds like an un-educated post to me.

Not even hooked up? wtf? [LOL]

#392554 - 03/01/06 07:28 PM Re: Volant Cool Air Intake with Snorkel
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah my mileage went up a bit especially on the highway.

The intake port has to be a bare minimum of twice the size of the stock hole. Maybe as much as 2.5 times. It also acts as an air ram at speed.

[Smoking]

#392555 - 03/01/06 07:32 PM Re: Volant Cool Air Intake with Snorkel
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I think its one of those anti-poser aimed barbs...as in many people get a snorkle for looks/Graduate from the Barizon School of Offroading, etc.

It may also be a reference to hood scoop intakes, where a lot of cars have fake ones...and the extra wind resistance of the fake scoop reduced performance.

Some types of mushrooms contain alkaloids that can react with the human nervous system.

His mom may have been frightened by a snorkle when he was a fetus...

Could be a few things really....

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#392556 - 03/01/06 07:47 PM Re: Volant Cool Air Intake with Snorkel
Anonymous
Unregistered

Agreed but why would you want to drill through your quarter panel to pose? I did not notice an increase in gas milage with mine, but that is due to the 3" to 2.5" reducer I have. I am getting rid of the stock airbox soon. (I hope)

#392557 - 03/01/06 09:54 PM Re: Volant Cool Air Intake with Snorkel
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:

His mom may have been frightened by a snorkle when he was a fetus...

[Spit] [Spit] [Spit] [Spit]

#392558 - 16/01/06 07:08 AM Re: Volant Cool Air Intake with Snorkel
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well if there is an increase in gas mileage then I will bump up on my list the addage of the snorkle and Cold Air Intake!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal